Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Wolfetones

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

I'll assume you're talking about your opinion here.

Of course :rolleyes:
    LOL Christy Moore was never inspired, Freddy Mercury was inspired, Phil Lynott was inspired, Christy Moore is a cheap second fiddle to real musicians that don't have to rely on crappy rhymes to inspire their audience which is why they had worldwide fame and he'll never be anything but a paragraph in "The big Irish book of famous(but only in Ireland and a few pubs in Boston) Irish Singers".

I have to laugh. And what have you wrote? Post up few examples there son.
    Mainly because every other Irish ballad follows the same suit, it's not music it's not even an talent, all they do is pander to the crap most "rebels" want to hear. They could sing anything(even what I wrote) and "The Rebels' would all be there baying like donkeys and stamping their feet like something out of Deliverance :rolleyes:

Of course it does :rolleyes:

If you knew what you were talking about, you'd be dangerous :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

a thread about the merits of their music?

to the music forum

from AH

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I like the Tones, I prefer their non-rebel songs, some are quite funny, quare things in dublin, paddle me own canoe, twice daily, travelling doctors shop, warder in the joy is funny too.

But at any gigs there is always just a bunch of celtic jerseys getting locked and screaming for the only song they know, well none of them actually even know the name, Celtic Symphony (ohh ahh up the ra). The funniest is when it gets rowdy and they start saying "ah now, calm down boys & girtels, calm down"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭Baudelaire

stepbar wrote: »
    Of course :rolleyes:

I have to laugh. And what have you wrote? Post up few examples there son.

There is that enough? and by the way where's this "son" sh*t coming from? did I say I was male?

Of course it does :rolleyes:

You sooooo got me with that responce, that was just a cutting remark and just proves how much a better debater you are than me, I bow down to your obvious superiority since your use of the roll eyes smilie is just sooooo effective, next you'll use the wink smilie and I may just have to cry.

If you knew what you were talking about, you'd be dangerous :D

If you could understand what I was talking about you'd have an IQ in double digits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

Wow, you wrote all those songs. That's cool........ *turn on sarcasm detector*

Your opinion on Irish music probably extends to how sh1te this country is too.... How in ever, we'll leave that argument for another day.....

Ok, let me lay it on the line for you. Show me what you have wrote or stop whining about Irish music. Because that's all it's.... whining.... "I had to listen to it when I was young"... Give me a break :rolleyes:

Maybe I wrong to think you were a man.... whining and all that..... ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Volvoboy wrote: »
    Whats your opinion on the Wolfetones?

I've been a fan for a few years now and i dont consider myself a scumbag or a IRA activist, I enjoy there songs and stories. One of my favorites being The Merman. As much as i like the ballads.

What are your views of The Wolfetones?

-VB-
    I love them, not a thing wrong with them at all. The only people who hate them are prodys and emo's.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭catch--22

Ok, let me lay it on the line for you. Show me what you have wrote or stop whining about Irish music.

Just saying you can't do anything better so it must be good is not a very strong argument.

I can't string a lyric together, sing a note in key or play any instrument in any great capacity. That does not, however, forgo my right to criticise other people’s music depending on my taste. And it should prevent anyone else either including the person above.

plug wrote: »
    The only people who hate them are prodys and emo's.

Another wonderfully made point :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭big_show

anyone for foster and allen?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭Baudelaire

Wow, you wrote all those songs. That's cool........ *turn on sarcasm detector*

Your opinion on Irish music probably extends to how sh1te this country is too.... How in ever, we'll leave that argument for another day.....

Ok, let me lay it on the line for you. Show me what you have wrote or stop whining about Irish music. Because that's all it's.... whining.... "I had to listen to it when I was young"... Give me a break :rolleyes:

Maybe I wrong to think you were a man.... whining and all that..... ;)

Oh I miss read your last post about writing music (I was so overwhelmed with all the smilies that it was hard to see anything else), what has writing got to do with it? I've never wrote a book either but I still think "Catcher in the Rye" was crap and anyway by my definition of what's classed as good music all the stuff they write is sh!t. The only one whining here is you, look how bitchy you got, you sound like your head is about to explode just because someone isn't of the same backwards thinking view that Ronny Drew a singer when the truth is that all he does is shout crap lyrics into the microphone but most people that listen to him are to drunk to notice and do you know why? because you need to be pi$$ed to be able to endure it.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Musically i couldn't give a **** about them, someone els pointed out they are no longer a true reflection of what they are singing about and perpetuate a time in Irish history that i feel we should be moving from.

I'm sick of hearing that IRA chant and every other ****ign song about how badly we were persecuted (yes every one of those 800 years). I know my history and they were dark and sad days and yes they should not be forgotten. But clinging to them today in my opinon can't allow progress and breeds hate and contempt for a time that has long passed.

• Advertisement
Advertisement