Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tips on killing grass

Options
  • 04-02-2008 10:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭

Hello,

I have a very small front lawn (5 by 10 feet roughly) and would like to put down some small plants and stones.
    To this end I want to kill the grass.
    I got some round-up but not convinced by it.

Anyone got any tips on this ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

Round up will work best when the grass is actively growing, so application in March even though growth will be slowish will be far more effective than applying now. Believe me you will be convinced. It works. Will take a couple of weeks but it will totally kill the grass!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,121 ✭✭✭John mac

mmmmm Roundup. nukes it good. as Avns1s said grass has to be actively growing, march is the time.
    or if you don't want to do this just dig the grass up ,

just turn the sods over lay that black stuff (cant think of the correct name)
    and on with the pebbles etc you can cut slits in the fabric for the plants.

by doing it this way you wont have to wait so long for the roundup to do its job.

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Xennon

Get yer hands on some old carpet and throw it down over the grass. Leave for a week or two. Avoid chemicals if you can.

Advertisement