Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

left handed halo

Options
  • 04-02-2008 10:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭

i always played on the normal controller settings, but now that i have been playing on live, i find that i just can't keep the target on the enemy, i use the walk left and right instead of look left and right.

had just accepted that i was crap at it until i realised that i was aiming with my right thumb, changed all settings to southpaw

and now.....

i am totally crap
    i can't walk around a corner, can't walk and jump, funnily enough i find rocket race easy until i fall off, then i am looking up in the sky or at my feet, great when the teammate has a headset

any other lefties here, what are your settings and are you any good?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

I am a southpaw myself. played pitch and putt for first time with right handed clubs, therefore any video game I played with normal default setting too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

mukki wrote:
    then i am looking up in the sky or at my feet
    That makes it sound like maybe inverting your look direction might help you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭mukki

I am a southpaw myself. played pitch and putt for first time with right handed clubs, therefore any video game I played with normal default setting too.

not saying you crap, but do you think you might find it easier to aim with your left thumb, nubie :p

That makes it sound like maybe inverting your look direction might help you.

good point, will leave it as it is for a while, but if i am still struggling after a few hrs gamplay i'll deffo invert, thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

I'm exactly the same, leftie as well but play H3 right-handed. I tried switching but that's worse, I can play ok for 30 seconds but revert to rh play. It's very frustrating..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

mukki wrote: »
    not saying you crap, but do you think you might find it easier to aim with your left thumb, nubie :p

Nah, I used to play Halo religiously when I was in school, I was quite good, I have less time to play now but consider myself a decent player, although not a very stable one. I'm either great or horrendous, almost never in between or consistently either or.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

I'm left handed but I don't play on southpaw,I play it with the default settings and I've never had a problem with it.
    It seems as if you just need to get better at the game rather than blame your left handedness for your bad playing.

Advertisement