Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Male Hair Wax

• 04-02-2008 10:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭

hey

anyone know any decent wax out there excluding dax wax?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 90 ✭✭howaya

hi OP:
    have been experimenting a bit with different brands over past few years - best one I've found is bedhead stick from the toni&guy range. You can get it in Boots at about €8/9 euro a pop, or keep an eye out for their '2 for 1' offers and buy a couple. Can also recommend similar products from UK range called fish, also at boots, at similar price.
    I've dabbled with others, above and below this price range, but these ones have worked best for me. They may seem expensive relative to other hair stuff for fellas, but one purchase at that price will last over a month I reckon. The thing about these waxes is that your hair needs to be dry to apply them for them to look well. Unless you use a blow-drier or wait a while for your hair to dry, you can often be out the door without attending to fixing your hair.
    Look forward to hearing other hair-gunk contributions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Ya I went through loads and loads, some were too wet looking, some felt too hard, some wouldnt hold and ur hair just got blown around. FINALLY though I settled on American Crew Fiber, you can get it in that Knights barber place in Stephens Green. Dry look, holds hair really well, bout 12euro but will last ya at least two months.

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭tunner

I have tried EVERYTHING and I mean EVERYTHING but finally settled on Brylcream Remounding PASTE. Its a Matt finish and holds very well. I found that the American Crew would wear away as the day went on and if your in between cuts you need alot to hold well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 257 ✭✭slowharry

fish wax works for me

Advertisement