Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

drunkenness

• 04-02-2008 10:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭

Drunk, walked for 3 hours... legs hurt

drunking no helps pain inside.

peoples agree?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,459 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

"Cheers!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

star-pants wrote: »

peoples agree?

pfft.

Try age 17 and walking for 3 hours from a Debs after party 5 miles out in the sticks in, rubbered, in your suit and in a pair of badly fitting shoes that are cutting the ankles off you all night but that you bought at the last minute because the ones you had were too manky to wear.

**** me though Summer* 2004 was legendary :(

*: yeah, we had ours in the summer. Cant understand this thing of holding them in October or November, its mad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

shane86 wrote: »
    pfft.

Try age 17 and walking for 3 hours from a Debs after party 5 miles out in the sticks in, rubbered, in your suit and in a pair of badly fitting shoes that are cutting the ankles off you all night but that you bought at the last minute because the ones you had were too manky to wear.

**** me though Summer* 2004 was legendary :(

*: yeah, we had ours in the summer. Cant understand this thing of holding them in October or November, its mad.

Age 17?

When I was aged 17 we walked 3 hours just to get to the well, and then 3 hours to get the water home, every morning.

ppppppppppppppppppppppppppffffffffffft

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

The-Rigger wrote: »
    Age 17?

When I was aged 17 we walked 3 hours just to get to the well, and then 3 hours to get the water home, every morning.

ppppppppppppppppppppppppppffffffffffft

At least you had a well, in my day we just had a mud-puddle. And no buckets either, we had to carry the water home in our shoes and walk home bare-foot. If you were posh and had feet that is, Us poor folks had to crawl with the shoes between our teeth.

Ah, those were the days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

pfft, 3 hours, cold, rain, sadness, hurt, naggin jd, cigs.... bleh,

stupidness... need sleep, have work 2moor.
    oh dears.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,925 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

When I was 17 I got langers drunk and blacked out trying to get bacck into my house. When I woke up there was a big head-sized bandage on my thumb and there was blood all over the front door... And I musta fell on the corner of the back patio cos my chest was bruised up for weeks.

Go away with your sore gamer legs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

The-Rigger wrote: »
    Age 17?

You had a well?! We had to harvest the saliva of the neighbourhood dogs for a bath and recycle it for a cup of tea. Pfffft.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Rhyme wrote: »
    You had a well?! We had to harvest the saliva of the neighbourhood dogs for a bath and recycle it for a cup of tea. Pfffft.

i dont want to know where you got the milk from.:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Try age 17 and walking for 3 hours from a Debs after party 5 miles out in the sticks in, rubbered...
    Well, if you had waited to see was she game before you put it on ... :rolleyes:

Honestly, there's being prepared and then there's being downright silly!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

I agree but thats what you get for living in south Dublin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,925 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

What were you doing walking around with your rubber on? Pulling one out of your pocket wouldn't have been quick enough to shout 'surprise!' ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,122 ✭✭✭LadyJ

Rhyme wrote: »

Ooo cups! Very fancy! We had to dunk the teabags into the bath water and squeeze them into our mouths! Pfffft!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Bath?!!

What teh fcuks a bath?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

If yu have ever had to walk home from town on a new years to rathfarnham/churchtown as i have done many times you'll know what walking is about .Taxis were thin on the ground then

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,538 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Are you a chick who wore a suit to her debs, or a bloke who wore women's shoes because your runners were "too manky"?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,842 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

It always amazes me the distance one can walk while drunk.

It always amazes me the distance one can walk while drunk.

Quite far it seems. Or rather, too far. Can barely walk today *shakes fist at legs*

Odd that we choose to do stupid things

• Subscribers Posts: 32,856 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

don't go posting that 'drunk bad' rubbish in BGRH star-pants.

5starpool wrote: »
    don't go posting that 'drunk bad' rubbish in BGRH star-pants.

ha, sure I went in there looking for another drink!
    We also have pancakes there..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭LouOB

star-pants wrote: »

peoples agree?

Been through the bottom of every bottle
    These five words in my head scream
    'ARE YOU HAVING FUN YET'

Nickleback - sad but true
    Drinking through the pain only makes you more depressed

Ride the pain

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Sam Spade

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day. "

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

How are your feet?

I once spent the day on the piss in Carlow.
    I could have stayed the night, but I had to work the next day.

Got the last bus from Carlow to Dublin, but it was half an hour late, so I missed the last 66.
    Battery was dead in my mobile and I used the last few pence to ring a couple of people and try to get a lift. **** wouldn't pick me up.

Walked home and woke up with blisters all over my feet the next morning (dress shoes. Had an interview in Carlow).
    The boss called to pick me up, I showed him my feet and he fired me. Said it was my fault for going on the piss and that I should have gone straight home instead of spending the day on the piss with my friend who was in Carlow IT at the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭rigormortis

Calling two garda, "Pigs" to their face. Totally pissed at the time, but still I deserved a good dressing down.

Terry wrote: »
    How are your feet?

No blisters, but couldn't walk yesterday. Did the oul joints in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭punchdrunk

walked home in a bit of a drunken rage from rathmines to coolock once
    stopped off on bull island via the bridge,i wasn't going to jump or anything but i was going through a well moody "dawsons creek phase",so as i pensively strolled along the sandy shore i realised that there was quite a few cars on the beach with couples going hammer and thong,
    kind of ruined my drunken,moody buzz!
    i also noticed the cops watching the bridge in a car,looking at me like i was the irish version of the green river killer!
    so i continued on my way the last few miles home
    woke up with the hall covered in sand,sorry ma! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭flanum

LadyJ wrote: »
    Ooo cups! Very fancy! We had to dunk the teabags into the bath water and squeeze them into our mouths! Pfffft!

teabags??? wots tea taste like?? we were allowed to watch the lyons tea ads in other peoples houses whenever we were sent begging!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

Bath?!!

What teh fcuks a bath?!

We could'nt even afford a bath in our house when I was a kid. I was so smelly I could'nt play in the sand box without the cat trying to cover me up. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

Bloody hell Terry! That's one motherfcukin walk!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

I relaised how old this was when I saw rigormortis/casey's post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

LadyJ wrote: »

oooo, look as ms fancy pants with her bath. we had to put the tea bags in our mouths and pour the boiling water in straight form the kettle

edit: just checked the date of your post. i'm quite the late

Advertisement