Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How does it take 13 monkeys to hire a manager? Answer 113 days

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

why the hell are the directors of the FAI on the board if there not campable of picking the manager?

ps when is john delaney going to sack himself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Well you see lostexpectation poor auld John Delaney felt dissapointed at being blamed for Stauntons appointment, because he bloody well was to blame.

So this time their washing their hands of the responability of picking a manager so if it goes wrong they can turn around and say, "hold on we'r only the board sher we didn't pick the manager at all go blame the consultants who picked the manger, jesus you hardly expect us to take responsability for the manager we'r only in charge"

Well you see lostexpectation poor auld John Delaney felt dissapointed at being blamed for Stauntons appointment, because he bloody well was to blame.

So this time their washing their hands of the responability of picking a manager so if it goes wrong they can turn around and say, "hold on we'r only the board sher we didn't pick the manager at all go blame the consultants who picked the manger, jesus you hardly expect us to take responsability for the manager we'r only in charge"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I can't vote in the new poll.

It says I voted for El Tel :eek:

Even though there's no number beside his name, it's in italics like as if I voted for him.

I reckon this vote is somehow rigged. For shame.

Even though there's no number beside his name, it's in italics like as if I voted for him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

DesF wrote: »

I smell sh!t, anyone see Delaney round these neck o' the woods.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

I smell sh!t, anyone see Delaney round these neck o' the woods.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

I voted for "Other" but Venables is in italics for me too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

eirebhoy wrote: »

Yeah, I voted for other in the Original Poll actually.

Mods, get it sorted will yiz...:p

• Advertisement

eirebhoy wrote: »

Yeah, I voted for other in the Original Poll actually.

Mods, get it sorted will yiz...:p

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭PRman

Bet on Martin Jol while you can people - Him with Chris Hughton as assistant - mark my words....

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭PRman

Bet on Martin Jol while you can people - Him with Chris Hughton as assistant - mark my words....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

PRman wrote: »

Hughton's a possibility, Jol's off to Ajax.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

PRman wrote: »

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

Chris Hughton not the answer. I know he was a respected assistant manager and coach at Spurs but he still hasn't actually managed a team. He'd be ideal assistant material alright, could beperfect for that job, but the manager we bring in will probably want his own man with him so that might rule Hughton out.

The whole backroom team needs to be right. An experienced manager, a good assistant (such as Hughton), and proper coaching staff this time. Not the likes of Kevin McDonald who was just a 'jobs for the boys' apointment, one of Staunton's od buddies.

Hughton could be a future manager but he needs a while in the hotseat somewhere else first, being manager is a different ball game to being assistant manager/coach.

Chris Hughton not the answer. I know he was a respected assistant manager and coach at Spurs but he still hasn't actually managed a team. He'd be ideal assistant material alright, could beperfect for that job, but the manager we bring in will probably want his own man with him so that might rule Hughton out.

The whole backroom team needs to be right. An experienced manager, a good assistant (such as Hughton), and proper coaching staff this time. Not the likes of Kevin McDonald who was just a 'jobs for the boys' apointment, one of Staunton's od buddies.

Hughton could be a future manager but he needs a while in the hotseat somewhere else first, being manager is a different ball game to being assistant manager/coach.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

aidan24326 wrote: »

Wasn't Hughton Brian Kerr's assistant??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

Wasn't Hughton Brian Kerr's assistant??

one of Staunton's od buddies.

Are most of them odd, or just him?

• Advertisement

one of Staunton's od buddies.

Are most of them odd, or just him?

Kevin McDonald had more experience than Steve Staunton I'm not saying he should be Irelands Assistant Manager in anyway but I think you are been misleading aidan.

Kevin McDonald had more experience than Steve Staunton I'm not saying he should be Irelands Assistant Manager in anyway but I think you are been misleading aidan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

I voted for 'other' on old poll, specifying hodgson, now i can't vote for him cos it says I have already voted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

I voted for 'other' on old poll, specifying hodgson, now i can't vote for him cos it says I have already voted.

The poll is Fooked, may just wait for a mod to fix it, but they don't come along very often so just be patient :D

The poll is Fooked, may just wait for a mod to fix it, but they don't come along very often so just be patient :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

Xavi6 wrote: »

That's not definite. Ajax seem to have cooled on their interest.

Off topic: Did you know that Ajaxs first manager(1910-15) was Jack Kirwan. He was born in Wicklow! Totally irrelavent, I know, but it's gas all the same:o

..and Frank Stapleton is the only Irishman to play for Ajax.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

Xavi6 wrote: »

That's not definite. Ajax seem to have cooled on their interest.

Off topic: Did you know that Ajaxs first manager(1910-15) was Jack Kirwan. He was born in Wicklow! Totally irrelavent, I know, but it's gas all the same:o

..and Frank Stapleton is the only Irishman to play for Ajax.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

El Tel or Houllier would be good, remember Ged won't be able to buy any players! :p

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

El Tel or Houllier would be good, remember Ged won't be able to buy any players! :p

Mike.

mike65 wrote: »
    ...remember Ged won't be able to buy any players!

Thank fcuk for that. Can't say I'm a big fan of Houllier.

Venables would be worth considering. Lots of experience at club and international level although his overall record is patchy enough. Did a good job with England though, unlucky not to win Euro '96.

Liam Brady surely doesn't have the necessary credentials. His job at Arsenal is a different ball game entirely, good and all as he is at it.

mike65 wrote: »
    ...remember Ged won't be able to buy any players!

Thank fcuk for that. Can't say I'm a big fan of Houllier.

Venables would be worth considering. Lots of experience at club and international level although his overall record is patchy enough. Did a good job with England though, unlucky not to win Euro '96.

Liam Brady surely doesn't have the necessary credentials. His job at Arsenal is a different ball game entirely, good and all as he is at it.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Either of the dutch punters then troussier then roy hodgson. At least we'd try and play nice football.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Either of the dutch punters then troussier then roy hodgson. At least we'd try and play nice football.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

People if this Argentina match goes ahead, I'm going to bring a massive banner, which states ''I payed to see Esteban Cambiasso''..what area should I be looking to book?

People if this Argentina match goes ahead, I'm going to bring a massive banner, which states ''I payed to see Esteban Cambiasso''..what area should I be looking to book?

:D

I see you got back in.

:D

I see you got back in.

Indeed I did, we sorted it out....pleased?:p

• Advertisement

Indeed I did, we sorted it out....pleased?:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 505 ✭✭✭DerKaiser

Phillippe Troussier is the best option, Mourihno would be class but the FAI would never pay for him :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 505 ✭✭✭DerKaiser

Phillippe Troussier is the best option, Mourihno would be class but the FAI would never pay for him :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

Hopefully Southgate gets sacked and Jewell gets his job, and then gets them relegated so that he's never ever linked with the Ireland job again!

That smary David Davies better have no part to play in picking the new manager. He'll definitely recommend Venables if thats the case.

Hopefully they get a manager who's actually won something or has consistently done well, not someone whos only achievement is avoiding relegation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

Hopefully Southgate gets sacked and Jewell gets his job, and then gets them relegated so that he's never ever linked with the Ireland job again!

That smary David Davies better have no part to play in picking the new manager. He'll definitely recommend Venables if thats the case.

Hopefully they get a manager who's actually won something or has consistently done well, not someone whos only achievement is avoiding relegation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

A fair shout now that Souness might get the Wigan post so that will keep him away from the Ireland job :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

A fair shout now that Souness might get the Wigan post so that will keep him away from the Ireland job :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

He seems very interested in the Ireland job though.
    Might fancy that rather than a relegation battle?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

He seems very interested in the Ireland job though.
    Might fancy that rather than a relegation battle?

Souness is now odds-on favourite for the Wigan job, 4/6 with the bookies.

It's just as well the FAI aren't handling the new appointment directly, Delaney would probably be on the phone to Chris Hutchings right now. Or to me maybe. I'd be cheap :D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement