Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How does it take 13 monkeys to hire a manager? Answer 113 days

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Venables is out of it now apparently. 10/1 in the betting. Houllier 1st choice with Brady next in line.

http://www.chatsoccer.eu/news/content/view/86/1/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

http://www.dunphytv.com/dunphy/index.php/site/channel/C5/

Dunphy talking crap about the Ireland job.

''Houllier not the right candidate''..so what Dunphy, Paul Jewell would be better than a man probably responsible for bringing French football? Yeah sure why would Ireland go for a manager that is believed to have been good enough to manage the best team in France, and kept up their winning streak, something Perrein does not look too comfortable doing.

This is when Dunphy acts like a tool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭secman

Another Gem from Dunphy -- Ronaldo is not a great player . How exactly did he arrive at that conclusion ?

Secman

http://www.dunphytv.com/dunphy/index.php/site/channel/C5/

Dunphy talking crap about the Ireland job.

''Houllier not the right candidate''

This is when Dunphy acts like a tool.
    Is that Dunphy's house? It looks like the houses on Northumberland Road.

I presume it is, but I thought he was from Raheny or Rathmines...probably wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

eirebhoy wrote: »
    Why convert them? If you want to find out how much you'd get back from €5 on 11/8 you'd have to divide by 8, multiply by 11 and add your €5 stake. Decimal odds do those crappy sums for you. Multiply the stake by the odds and you get your winnings.

Thanks Eirebhoy.

Didn't realise it was that simple!

Statement from FAI Board of Management

Speaking on behalf of his colleagues, Don Howe and Ray Houghton, Don Givens gave the 10 Board members an outline of the process to date. This was the first report to the Board since the selection panel was appointed and mandated.

The Board is satisfied that significant progress has been made but understands that more time is required before the panel return with a recommendation. The Board accepted that there had been positive engagement with a significant number of candidates.

The Board is confident that the search for a new manager for the Republic of Ireland senior team will be concluded in the near future.

http://www.fai.ie/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2755

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Saw that too but look at the date on the statement - 8th January.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

Not anymore, date changed to today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

Statement from FAI Board of Management

Speaking on behalf of his colleagues, Don Howe and Ray Houghton, Don Givens gave the 10 Board members an outline of the process to date. This was the first report to the Board since the selection panel was appointed and mandated.

The Board is satisfied that significant progress has been made but understands that more time is required before the panel return with a recommendation. The Board accepted that there had been positive engagement with a significant number of candidates.

The Board is confident that the search for a new manager for the Republic of Ireland senior team will be concluded in the near future.

http://www.fai.ie/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2755

So there it is.

Why the **** did Delaney hint anything big was going to happen? He is quoted in a paper as saying a manager for Brazil would have been desireable but was never compulsory.

Not that I expected anything would happen. And the lack of activity on this thread compared to even a week or two ago when the views/post skyrocketed on the back of unbelieveable rumours seems to show nobody has any faith or belief in it.

If the Brazillians are arsed playing (which, apparently, they often arent in friendlies) I can foresee a 3-0 win against a team of players who understandably by now could only give a half ****e about the game with the nonsense going on.

• Advertisement

A bigger announcement was expected but whoever was offered a job apparently refused it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 495 ✭✭The Insider

Posted by a lad on est1892.co.uk a Liverpool site :

Houllier will be Irelands next Manager
    Right lads, I'm not an attention seeker but I have it on good authority( source correctly called Brian Kerr and Staunton) that GH will be installed as the next manager. He agreed terms at lunchtime and only the compensation with the French FA has to be thrashed out.

http://www.est1892.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=46516

I know Andy Keogh's(Plays for Wolves) brother really well & he was told yesterday that Brady has accepted an offer verbally with the FAI. Still 2-1, im getting on it anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

A bigger announcement was expected but whoever was offered a job apparently refused it.

Venables?

Did anyone hear Gift Grub last week, it was John Delaney asking ex managers from John Giles up to Staunton about their time as Irish manager to the tune of we didn't start the fire. One of their better ones :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,430 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

on the news yesterday they were saying Brady had turned down an offer from the FAI, but that the offer was for some type of director of football role.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

Unearthly wrote: »
    Venables?
    i read it was coppell that turned it down in that liverpool message board link

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭semibluff

Tauren wrote: »
    on the news yesterday they were saying Brady had turned down an offer from the FAI, but that the offer was for some type of director of football role.

i saw this too - didnt really install too much faith in brady backers. It said that brady was offered one of two roles - either director of football/technical director roll or manager. He apparently turned this down (going by the rte sports news reporter). Id have to guess it was the former of the two roles, but why would they offer him one position and then hold out for him for the other also?

looks like GH to me, but i hope not (for my bet)

KaG1888 wrote: »
    I know Andy Keogh's(Plays for Wolves) brother really well & he was told yesterday that Brady has accepted an offer verbally with the FAI. Still 2-1, im getting on it anyway.

Do you go to CBC?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

I once saw two women making out. Both of them had long hair and one of them dropped the hand. I thought - "seriously, whats that all about?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

psi wrote: »
    I once saw two women making out. Both of them had long hair and one of them dropped the hand. I thought - "seriously, whats that all about?"
    :confused:

What?

Are you saying that John Delaney is a lesbian?

• Advertisement

DesF wrote: »
    :confused:

What?

Are you saying that John Delaney is a lesbian?

I just figured that was more interesting and relevant than anything coming from FAI HQ that isn't accompanied by a living breathing football manager.

And please, JD a lesbian? Lesbians have taste, thats why they're not with men.

I think PSI was responding to my comment(Do you go to CBC) since it was so random...the thing is Keogh's brother is in that school.

I just figured that was more interesting and relevant than anything coming from FAI HQ that isn't accompanied by a living breathing football manager.
    You have a lot to learn in your literary erotica career then.

And please, JD a lesbian? Lesbians have taste, thats why they're not with men.
    I just don't know what to make of that.

You have a lot to learn in your literary erotica career then.
    You should see my stuff on other forums.
    I just don't know what to make of that.
    Maybe I've dabbled.

On topic, I'm sick to death of all this.

I'd take Johnjoe from the corner pub as manager at this stage - which may be the FAI's tactic......

You should see my stuff on other forums..

links pls

Maybe I've dabbled.
    :eek:

pics pls :D
    On topic, I'm sick to death of all this.

I'd take Johnjoe from the corner pub as manager at this stage - which may be the FAI's tactic......
    Johnjoe was the last manager, that didn't work.

They are holding out for the loungeboy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Posted by a lad on est1892.co.uk a Liverpool site :

Houllier will be Irelands next Manager
    Right lads, I'm not an attention seeker but I have it on good authority( source correctly called Brian Kerr and Staunton) that GH will be installed as the next manager. He agreed terms at lunchtime and only the compensation with the French FA has to be thrashed out.

http://www.est1892.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=46516
    Just because it was posted on an internet forum doesn't mean it's true. I'm sure at this stage there's people on other forums quoting the "tips" on this forum.

Some of the crap on that website is a joke. Some guy seems to think a SMALL Ireland team should play long ball.

Many seem to forget the style Lyon played under Houllier.

Morons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

links pls

:eek:

pics pls :D
    Get a room!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

Souness please.
    that way we can see dunphy doing wat he does best and being a big giant hypocrit again when it all goes tits up

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭ronbyrne2005

currently in charge of AZ in the Dutch Eredivisie.

Van Gaal has signed a contract with AZ through the 2010 season.

On November 26th 2007 Van Gaal said that he has a clause in his AZ contract which would allow him to leave if a National Team wanted him.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louis_van_Gaal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I just knew before opening this that it would be something to do with the ireland job.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 452 ✭✭Murtinho

This whole selection procedure is a pure shambles, a real joke, reminds me of the papal decision on promoting "the holy stone of clonnichard" to a class two relic, a few fellas in a smokey room, eventually pressing a random button and choosing the first names that comes up.

How hard can it be!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭William Gates

Anybody else heard that the FAI plan to interview Louis van Gaal for the irish gig?

Could be worse, could be Venables!

Get the **** out!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Believe it when he's in the dugout. Really any need for a new thread?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭ITT-Pat

in before lock/mergementness(sp?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

in before merge

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

LVG's the new Ireland manager?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 709 ✭✭✭wowy

ITT-Pat wrote: »
    in before lock/mergementness(sp?)
    KdjaCL wrote: »
    in before merge

kdjac

YES! I too also made it in.

On topic, not a chance.

eh cant find the other thread.

So free posts in this one.

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

KdjaCL wrote: »
    eh cant find the other thread.

So free posts in this one.

kdjac

Too lazy to go to page 2?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055189859

Now merge goddam you!!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

The FAI wont foot the bill for LVG. No way man.

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Too lazy to go to page 2?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055189859

Now merge goddam you!!

it wasnt there a minute ago :o

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭William Gates

The FAI wont foot the bill for LVG. No way man.

Surely if AZ can afford him, the FAI can?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,780 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

haha today was funny.

Nobody has a flippin clue so they just lump on venables.

Oh dear this circus aint even comical anymore.

It seems that Givens has suggested the new manager will be in place before Feb 4th.

At least thats a timeline.

I imagine people are going too highbrow with LVG. In all honesty, I imagine even GH is a stretch.

I'd be looking at either past-it managers who want a cosy job/foot-back-in - ie. Venables-types or younger upandcomings who are looking to make a name.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Well.... the FAI couldn't afford anybody better then Staunton, does that answer your question?

It seems that Givens has suggested the new manager will be in place before Feb 4th.

At least thats a timeline.

Really? He's quoted in the Evening Herald as saying the new manager won't be in place for the friendly, that he'll be in charge, as he named the squad, and it wouldn't be fair to put the new man in against such strong opposition. (all this is assuming the4th is the friendly date...is it?)
    I imagine people are going too highbrow with LVG. In all honesty, I imagine even GH is a stretch.

I'd be looking at either past-it managers who want a cosy job/foot-back-in - ie. Venables-types or younger upandcomings who are looking to make a name.
    Won't be an up-and-coming. Why would they run the risk of ruining their name with this sham of a team? That's why Jewell wouldn't touch the job.

“I would be hopeful we would have a manager before the Brazil game. I would envisage him being at the game as a spectator and seeing things without the pressure of being involved.

“We're doing everything we can to get him as soon as possible.”

They've surely narrowed the candidates down enough that he's referring to one person in that last sentence. He went on to say that everyone knows the financial situation so money isn't the issue. Therefore that rules out Venables (and many others) as the guy they're really trying hard to get. It has to be Houllier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

didnt givens also say in his interview that there were some candidates still to be interviewed and they would continue to do so.
    but then as eirebhoy pointed out they wanted the manager to be sitting watching the brazil game.
    looks to me like they have selected who it is and any remaining interviewees are really going to have to pull it out of the bag to change their minds.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement