Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How does it take 13 monkeys to hire a manager? Answer 113 days

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

DesF wrote: »
    Won't be an up-and-coming. Why would they run the risk of ruining their name with this sham of a team? That's why Jewell wouldn't touch the job.

Yeah so he went to a team with no chance of survival in premiership instead:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭secman

Looking more and more like El Tel, with Houlier finally saying " non".

At this stage just give him the job, looks like no one else wants it ! Delaney as usual was in Peter Pan mode when he said it was a much more attractive job than when Stan got it.

Secman

How serious are these clowns taking the Manager situation. The 3 wise men seem to be concentrating on other things, such as coacing, coaching badges, tv, radio work, and Delaney is prancing around Europe, all the while we have no manager. Its almost 100 days now ! This kind of pussy footing is a sure thing to put potentail prospects off taking the job. If Delaney isn't up to picking a manager he should not be there. This is a complete farcical situation that we find our selves in ! I am convinced that they would complicate boiling an egg.

Secman

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

secman wrote: »
    How serious are these clowns taking the Manager situation. The 3 wise men seem to be concentrating on other things, such as coacing, coaching badges, tv, radio work, and Delaney is prancing around Europe, all the while we have no manager. Its almost 100 days now ! This kind of pussy footing is a sure thing to put potentail prospects off taking the job. If Delaney isn't up to picking a manager he should not be there. This is a complete farcical situation that we find our selves in ! I am convinced that they would complicate boiling an egg.

Secman

Well, personally I would prefer them to take another six weeks and exhaust all potential options in the hope that they can get a proper manager - rather than rushing into the appointment of Venables so as to satisfy an impatient media and public.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,780 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

And so the farce becomes even more laughable

Giovanni Trapatonni is now the favourite @ 2.9 on Betfair

In 3/2 on PP

Arveing a laugh!!

And you are not concerned by the events to date ?

Secman

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭ibh

Houllier was in Ireland on Saturday and was in the company of Delaney, Givens, Houghton, Bonner etc..

Led me to thinking he's looking good for the job. Although have heard some reports that he reccommended Tigana. Tigana would be a disaster. Even the FAI wouldn't think of trying to get away with appointing him!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭Dmtiling

Dalglish was drivin from the airport today to the FAI HQ - possible manager being signed??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

Dmtiling wrote: »
    Dalglish was drivin from the airport today to the FAI HQ - possible manager being signed??

this is about the 5th time in 90 days that I heard he was drive from the Airport to FAI HQ. He must have forgotten something there the last 4 times!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭luckylucky

In 3/2 on PP

Arveing a laugh!!

yeah where did his name come from. Surely another red herring :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

In 3/2 on PP

Arveing a laugh!!

Breaking news on SSN, saying he's in talks for the job

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,780 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Woop trappa price into evens......

Lets not be maaaaaaaaaaaaaad, the ROI arent gonna get trapp as manager!!

Rumour has it that it will be a Trapp - Giles 1-2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Trapattoni is now the clear favourite. Price just dropped to 2.1 there briefly.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭TwistsAndTurns

This is major news on SSN now, saying that he's close to signing a contract :eek:

eirebhoys wrote: »
    This is major news on SSN now, saying that he's close to signing a contract :eek:
    lol, yea right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,654 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

lol, yea right.

+1. No f**kin chance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭cm2000

would be an amazing coup for the FAI. incredible managerial record. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giovanni_Trapattoni

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

I know it's SSN reporting it, but they say Trap' is close to sorting a deal.

F**king hell - it's true!!!!!:eek: And to the person who said Giles as number 2 - please God, noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. Let the guy bring in his own staff.

The man will soon be 69, has about two words of English, hasn't managed in years, isn't the greatest tactician and seems to have lost the plot a bit.

No thanks.

• Advertisement

.........look at the guys age, though?? How long will he last in the job?

:confused:

Someone took a huge chunk at evens.

1.95 . . .

Mind you, I'd rather have Trappatoni in the job instead of Terry "Tel Boy" Venables.

Won Serie A 6 times

I was born 2 months after his last one.

Bit of a dinosaur.

1.8 . . .

The man will soon be 69, has about two words of English, hasn't managed in years, isn't the greatest tactician and seems to have lost the plot a bit.

No thanks.

69 isn't exactly ancient anymore these days. especially for a football manager. Unless he genuinely has lost the plot I'd be delighted to get him as manager. Then again I suppose one might think it a good indicator of his lack of sanity if he took the Ireland job :p

Is there any linkess for this story btw?

edit: sheit just checked he's 4/7 on paddypower.

I know we've been here before but I got a feeling this time it's for real.

Odds mean nothing really at this stage.

Deschamps, Venables, Houllier were heavilly backed at some stages

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

seems to have lost the plot a bit
    If he goes near a job with that farce of an association, he'll have taken leave of all of his senses.

Actually, anyone who takes that job should be dismissed on the grounds of insanity tbh.

In anyway, I said it before, I'll say it again.

I won't believe any of these rumours until I see the new gyaffer sitting beside Oscar Wilde at a press conference, with a Celtic scarf above his head.

Unearthly wrote: »
    Won Serie A 6 times

I was born 2 months after his last one.

Bit of a dinosaur.

you know football is football. A great manager 10-15 years ago will still be a great manager now as long as his heart and mind is still in it.

• Advertisement

I hope no one is throwing money down the drain by backing Trapa at these prices.

luckylucky wrote: »
    you know football is football. A great manager 10-15 years ago will still be a great manager now as long as his heart and mind is still in it.

Depends really

A lot has changed. He hasn't retired yet, so why hasn't he kept up some moderate success like he had in the 70's and early 80's

Back to evens on betfair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

did trappatoni do something to you?

He's done an awful lot more than Venables in the last 10 yrs. It's what Ireland need, some auld tick b*****d who they will respect.

According to Sky Sports, he's still in charge of a club in Austria......?

He must be f**king NUTS if he's taking the Irish job?????

did trappatoni do something to you?

Yeah

he raped my grandad when he was a kid :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭invincibleirish

If Trappatoni takes the Ireland job he will be too old as he's obviously lapsed into senile dementia!

if he did though it would be great, on Off The Ball they mentioned his birthday is March 17! if that isnt an omen i dont know what is!

Yeah

Grow up.

:rolleyes:

Depends really

A lot has changed. He hasn't retired yet, so why hasn't he kept up some moderate success like he had in the 70's and early 80's

as you say, a lot has changed. He probably went through barren periods in the 70's and 80's and his job was probably never in doubt. But now your under pressure after one poor season. Even though he has only had moderate success lately, it's still a lot more than 90% of the manager linked with the job so far.

• Advertisement

Yeah

that was meant for Raskolnikov

he's definitely not gonna get the job now!

as you say, a lot has changed. He probably went through barren periods in the 70's and 80's and his job was probably never in doubt. But now your under pressure after one poor season. Even though he has only had moderate success lately, it's still a lot more than 90% of the manager linked with the job so far.

Without a shadow of a doubt he is

At this stage it was just looking like Venables, I would take anyone over him.

Without a shadow of a doubt he is

At this stage it was just looking like Venables, I would take anyone over him.

I'd take anyone other than Venables. I just had a theory though............

Maybe they're gonna bring in Trapatoni with some in-experienced guy as his no 2, who the FAI hope, will learn from Trap, and take over from him in a couple of years..........?

While we're talking about Trap's age..........isn't the current Czech manager over 70???? As long as Trap's health is good, maybe it wouldnt be such a bad thing for him to take the job for a couple of years..........?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Erm.. why are people saying he's done nothing?
    He won the T-Mobile Bundesliga in 2007 and the Superliga in 2005.
    Maybe they're gonna bring in Trapatoni with some in-experienced guy as his no 2, who the FAI hope, will learn from Trap, and take over from him in a couple of years..........?

Like...maybe... Steve Staunton?

psi wrote: »
    Erm.. why are people saying he's done nothing?
    He won the T-Mobile Bundesliga in 2007 and the Superliga in 2005.

Like...maybe... Steve Staunton?

:D

• Advertisement

Is there any links?

luckylucky wrote: »
    Is there any links?

Not yet............

Cheers.

alright my opinion is give him the job. No pfaffing around and p1ssing him off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

lol, he's already got the job according to wikipedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giovanni_Trapattoni

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement