Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How does it take 13 monkeys to hire a manager? Answer 113 days

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Every newspaper more like. Of course he's been in contact.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

dbnavan wrote: »
    Italian coach Giovanni Trapattoni has insisted that he is not in talks

Pretty clear to me, a manager might make no comment or something for professional reasons, not a clear lie and insist on it.

LOL :D Are you new to this?

Rule of football no.1: the more a manager acts like he couldnt care less about a job the more likely he is to be in it within 3 days.

It is certainly the most credible rumour yet, but tbh Im not massively rating his achievements over the last 8 years. Hes an old man after the retirement pile. Sounds like we have swapped El Tel for Il Tillanio.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

He won the league title just last year. He will demand respect, the name will demand respect.

This is a top top appointment, if it comes true.

Eh dbnavan...

''In May 2006, Red Bull announced on its website that it had hired veteran coach Giovanni Trapattoni as new coach together with his ex-player Lothar Matthäus as co-trainer. The pair INITIALLY DENIED having reached a deal, but officially signed on May 23, 2006.''

One thing I am concerned about is the football he will play, he is very much in the Capello mould of manager, i.e the old Italian way,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

One thing I am concerned about is the football he will play, he is very much in the Capello mould of manager, i.e the old Italian way,

can't be much worse than what we've been used to recently.

could be a great appointment if its true. No matter who gets the job, i'd like to see the FAI begin to think about life following this manager by getting some of the younger Irish managers/coaches involved in the setup and giving them experience at this level so that hopefully in 4 or 5 years time we will have a credible IRISH sucessor for the job

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Anything the English can we can do (to a lesser extent!)

You gots yourselves an Italian? Well we'll get one too!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,654 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

How long will Trappatoni be in the job for?? He's nearly 70, for God's sake!!???

Who are the FAI going to put in as his number two to take over from him in a couple of years............?

What they plan on doing when Geovanni dies, is transport his brain memory into Stans.

What they plan on doing when Geovanni dies, is transport his brain memory into Stans.

:D:D:D:D:D

That'll never work.

Good point lads. Appointing an old man to be the brains behind Stans operation didnt work out. Do they ever learn?!!? :confused:

• Advertisement

shane86 wrote: »
    Good point lads. Appointing an old man to be the brains behind Stans operation didnt work out. Do they ever learn?!!? :confused:

Obviously not(if the reports are true?). Delaney and the rest of the FAI are a pack of numpties!!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Fuppin hell! That would be two terrific appointments IF it were true. Could the 'paper of record' be wrong?:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

How long will Trappatoni be in the job for?? He's nearly 70, for God's sake!!???

Who are the FAI going to put in as his number two to take over from him in a couple of years............?

If it's true he's signed for the one tournament. After 2010 he will surely be getting too old. At least the FAI have 2 years to think about it.

I guess now Ireland will continue their score first, sit back, and concede late style of play hopefully with the Italian difference being we don't concede that goal. !IF! he is the manager we could be in for some boring games ahead.

dsmythy wrote: »
    If it's true he's signed for the one tournament. After 2010 he will surely be getting too old. At least the FAI have 2 years to think about it.

I guess now Ireland will continue their score first, sit back, and concede late style of play hopefully with the Italian difference being we don't concede that goal. !IF! he is the manager we could be in for some boring games ahead.

They had time to think about it BEFORE Staunton was appointed for f**k sake. Delaney is a muppet!

A shining light may be Brady as his right hand man. Like it would be an amazing appointment, but perhaps with Brady along side him he will encourage good football.

Just say Trappatoni got us to the last 16 of the world cup, then our stock will be high, meaning we can appoint a big name, like John Sheridan.

dsmythy wrote: »

It'll be about as boring as watching Man City away from home. Plenty of teams sit back and play on the break. As long as a match is important I can't see myself getting bored watching Ireland anyway.

Trapattoni finally gone odds on. Venables on the drift. A good point made was that the FAI most likely wouldn't go and appoint Venables tomorrow with everyone expecting Trapattoni. They know which one would be the more popular choice with the fans. It wasn't long after RTE's story about Venables that they put a statement on their website denying it.

TBH thats the best possible appointment we can get - its beyond expectations and if its true then everyone should be very happy with it. With Brady!? Boring football and him dont mix!

Just say Trappatoni got us to the last 16 of the world cup, then our stock will be high, meaning we can appoint a big name, like John Sheridan.

You are taking the p***, right???

Well not about the last 16, but John Sheridan, yes I was.

• Advertisement

No he's being serious. We could never attract Sheridan atm.

Well not about the last 16, but John Sheridan, yes I was.

What has John Sheridan done in management that makes him a possibility for the Ireland job in the future??

:confused:

Have you been drinking?
    You are taking the p***, right???
    ...John Sheridan, yes I was.

eirebhoy wrote: »
    Have you been drinking?

LOL..........no. I missed the sarcasm, sorry.

:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

the match is on wednesday and APPARANTLY we will have a manager for it, whether that means an announcement tomorrow (most likely IF they find anyone)!

Guys, guys imagine what the press conferences will be like

lol!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bqp64q7kHmw

the match is on wednesday and APPARANTLY we will have a manager for it, whether that means an announcement tomorrow (most likely IF they find anyone)!

HUH???:confused:

darkman2 wrote: »

lol!

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL. A million times better than the semi-comatose Staunton and his "I'm the Gaffer" speech.

:D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

darkman2 wrote: »

lol!

Already posted this morning a few pages back......you have to be up early lads.;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 480 ✭✭Barlow07

What has John Sheridan done in management that makes him a possibility for the Ireland job in the future??

:confused:

John Sherdian is doing ok in Management, but i dont think he is ready for international football, maybe after he manages in the Premiership for a few years, we dont need another Stauton, not i think he will be.

I dont agree with the papers today if there right, but i was calling for Stans head from day one, so i ( we) cant really complain, he has a good track record in club football, but if this fails then John Delaney and co should be chasesd out of the country :), Ray Houghton what a muppett in my opnion, a hero when we beat Italy, but to watch him on TV commentating and Read his articles in the paper, he really hasnt a clue i think.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Listen lads John Sherdian is one of the best up and coming managers in England,the FAI should give him the job now we will get him cheap.

Barlow07 wrote: »
    John Sherdian is doing ok in Management, but i dont think he is ready for international football, maybe after he manages in the Premiership for a few years, we dont need another Stauton, not i think he will be.

I dont agree with the papers today if there right, but i was calling for Stans head from day one, so i ( we) cant really complain, he has a good track record in club football, but if this fails then John Delaney and co should be chasesd out of the country :), Ray Houghton what a muppett in my opnion, a hero when we beat Italy, but to watch him on TV commentating and Read his articles in the paper, he really hasnt a clue i think.

+1,000,000,000,000,000. :-D

Dub13 wrote: »
    Listen lads John Sherdian is one of the best up and coming managers in England,the FAI should give him the job now we will get him cheap.

That's the problem with the FAI - getting managers on the bloody cheap. Why not go all out and spend a few quid getting a decent manager????

I wonder if funeral arrangments will be part of the contract.

I wonder if funeral arrangments will be part of the contract.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭dbnavan

shane86 wrote: »
    LOL :D Are you new to this?

Rule of football no.1: the more a manager acts like he couldnt care less about a job the more likely he is to be in it within 3 days.

It is certainly the most credible rumour yet, but tbh Im not massively rating his achievements over the last 8 years. Hes an old man after the retirement pile. Sounds like we have swapped El Tel for Il Tillanio.

Well is 86 signifys your date of birth I was playing football before you were born so I wouldnt consider myself new to this...........Like I said I would be delighted to see Trappa be appointed.....I have 2 reservations, a) His age, obviously not a long term appointment 2) He has done nothing to show interest in the position IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 868 ✭✭✭tdv

Forza FAI!!!!!!!!

dbnavan wrote: »
    Well is 86 signifys your date of birth I was playing football before you were born so I wouldnt consider myself new to this...........Like I said I would be delighted to see Trappa be appointed.....I have 2 reservations, a) His age, obviously not a long term appointment 2) He has done nothing to show interest in the position IMO.

Well, thats me told.

The fact you were playin j00r l33t f00tball skillz when I was swimmin round the oul lads sack doesnt have anything to do with it. Managers lie. Constantly. Always. And the more strenously they li, the more likely they have every interest in the job.

Wasnt abe to watch the youtube rant today.

I just have.

**** my sceptisim, the man has fire :D

I would agree though, like has he really any knowledge of our team? Has he watched the Cyprus tapes? Studied our youth teams? Done any of this before coming to the conclusion that he can lead these men to South Africa? Or has he just thought "oh yeah, the Irish! Did great in 1990 until we beat them in a tight game. Showed us up in 94, did nearly as well as I did in 2002. Where do I sign?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Daglish will be named as manager tommorow night according to one of my sources. Put €100 on it this evening at 9/2 as result.

I'm not going to be one of these that says "Dalglish is definitely the next Irish manager etc.." just saying that IMO it will be confirmed soon..Also most bookmakers have suspended betting..

Daglish will be named as manager tommorow night according to one of my sources. Put €100 on it this evening at 9/2 as result.

I'm not going to be one of these that says "Dalglish is definitely the next Irish manager etc.." just saying that IMO it will be confirmed soon..Also most bookmakers have suspended betting..

lol

That is all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Name your source or be banned.

Name your source or be banned.

Oh come on. Its bound to be someone "in the know" :D

Or he has a mate who knows a guy who is "in the know"

Or that guy knows a guy who knows a guy who knows a.....

**** it. I say trawl back through and ban anyone who claimed to have a source re Deschamps and the rest. For their own good at least, as it will teach them

a- Dont gamble

b- Dont listen to old **** down the pub

IMO its between El Tel and Trappo. Im leaning more towards Trap seeing as a few papers and RTE have seemingly got wind of it. Id imagine either Tel demanded too much money or (shock...horror) the FAI realised appointing the oul diamond geezer would further alienate the people who buy the jerseys and fill up croker.

I don't care.

You were all warned :
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=55030636&postcount=1464

If I don't see a source named by the time I log off, there will be a ban.

United Irishman banned.

From now on, anyone tipping without a source gets banned until the day their tip becomes Ireland manager.

So you better be sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

What a joke. This isn't a news agency, it's a discussion forum.

I don't care.

You were all warned :
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=55030636&postcount=1464

If I don't see a source named by the time I log off, there will be a ban.

Trapattoni phoned me earlier and said he was well in there. Does that count?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Trapattoni for Ireland? Don't know if I like that. Surely he's too old for the job...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

What a joke. This isn't a news agency, it's a discussion forum.

Are you not sick of discussing those sort of posts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Right here is the truth (as far as can be decerned)

http://www.tribune.ie/article.tvt?_scope=Tribune/Sport/Soccer&id=83009&SUBCAT=Tribune/Sport/Soccer

What a merry-go-round if the case.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭Skud

I've been trying to follow this for the last week or so. It's clear that nobody knows who is gonna be the next manager. The bookmakers prices have been erratic all week. 4 people were "interviewed" Venables, Dagleish, Davis and Sanchez and yet Trapattoni is the favourite. Another media circus.

I'll only believe the next person to be appointed Irish manager when I see him in a press conference next to the fai boys and then I'd be wary until he actually takes to the field :)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement