Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How does it take 13 monkeys to hire a manager? Answer 113 days

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Billy Davies got a crap Derby team promoted :) Won the playoffs with a terrible terrible team. We could do worse :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,654 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Unearthly wrote: »
    Wasn't that meeting meant to take place last week?

Don't really know what's happening :confused::D

Doesn't look like the FAI know what's happening either......?

PHB wrote: »
    Billy Davies got a crap Derby team promoted :) Won the playoffs with a terrible terrible team. We could do worse :P

We could do a lot better too..............???

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Seriously lads no-one here could think Davies is a better option than Venables???

At this rate, we'll be lucky to get f**king Podge & Rodge!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Its just an interview...crikey. However if Trappa was basically confirmed, wouldn't they tell Davies to forget about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Sanchez would even be preferable to Davies I would say. Really hope this isn't happening.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Villain wrote: »
    Seriously lads no-one here could think Davies is a better option than Venables???

No way, as much as I dont like Venables, he is in a bit of a different league to Davies. Trappatoni or Venables this morning - now we have shrunk to Billy Davies. Laughing stock of Europe tbh:(

Please tell me SSN is talking the usual BS.

He got them promoted, granted. But when it started to go pear shaped, they showed him the nearest exit.

At this rate, we'll be lucky to get f**king Podge & Rodge!

Hahah.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Hawk Eye

Was Davies ever a realistic candidate for the Scottish job? From what I remember he wasn't so the people that know him best wanted nothing to do with him...great times ahead:rolleyes:

Newcastle got rid of Big Sam instantly, I'd still take him on in a second.

If after all this mess Davies is named as manager Delaney will have to be gone with a year, if they annouced it before the match Wednesday it would be very interesting to see what the reaction is, and I'm pretty sure the players will be asking tommorrow what the fuk is going on if SSN know more than the players, I think Don Givens will have a hard morning and how the fuk is he meant to manage a team and meet Davies on Wednesday or is Delaney meeting davies, if this is true its a mess a huge mess

Hahah.

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

I think it's time to post the "oh noes" picture

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f194/UndeadFaith/OH_NOES.jpg

Newcastle got rid of Big Sam instantly, I'd still take him on in a second.

Same here.

I think it's time to post the "oh noes" picture

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f194/UndeadFaith/OH_NOES.jpg

:D

Has Paddy Power suspended betting?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Lads, it's hardly big news. You do realise Mick McCarthy and many, many more people have had interviews for the job? Davies applied for the job. He gets an interview. Chances of him getting the job are very slim.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I declare this processs a disorderly madhouse! :eek:

How the fupp can Trap, El tel and Davis all be in the running?

Mike.

• Advertisement

After all the crap we put with in recent times I think the fans demand a world class manager - are we going to pay Billy Davies a million yo yos a year? - ffs........we CAN do better for that sort of money. I hope this is just routine but I dont like it tbh. Its so stupid its probrably true.

If someone like Davies is appointed, does anyone want to go on a little protest? I'm serious like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,780 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Lets remember what Billy Davies did, got Derby into the last Play Off spot, not very difficult in the Championship, all you need is a mid table club having a decent run at the end of the season, they caved under him in the Prem.

If it ends up being Billy Davies after over 105 days of searching we must all act against this incompetent bunch of muppets.

Why don't they just dig up Bob Paisley n Sir Matt Busby, and be f**king done with the whole thing?????

:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

He got them promoted, granted. But when it started to go pear shaped, they showed him the nearest exit.

he did a great job with derby. he was shafted. jewell was a firm favourite to land the irish job with alot of "experts" but is doing as bad, if not worse than davies.

i think he is a good manager, but not the right man to lead ireland. we need somebody that can rise these players, gain their respect and make them want to play for ireland again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,780 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

If Big Mick got an interview why don't we appoint him!

I wish someone with in the know would list the names of people known to be interviewed because it would put this breaking news on Davies into perspective.

He applied for the job!

Lawrie Sanchez is due an interview too. It means nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

eirebhoy wrote: »
    Lads, it's hardly big news. You do realise Mick McCarthy and many, many more people have had interviews for the job? Davies applied for the job. He gets an interview. Chances of him getting the job are very slim.

Whilst that is true, it's a bit ominous that he is being interviewed after a statement was made that the announcement for new manager was imminent(less than 10 days in FAI terms;))

This is my last thought on this subject(until a manager is announced):ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

• Advertisement

Whilst that is true, it's a bit ominous that he is being interviewed after a statement was made that the announcement for new manager was imminent(less than 10 days in FAI terms;))
    http://www.eleven-a-side.com/boysingreen/irish_soccer_detail.asp?newsid=30829

Why would he come back from USA for an interview unless the FAI told him they wanted to meet him.

My thinking is Trapatori turned it down and Venables has had enough waiting around for the FAI to find someone and told them he's not interested anymore and the FAI now have to appoint someonea as the players are getting restless. I hope I'm wrong I really do

Why would he come back from USA for an interview unless the FAI told him they wanted to meet him.

My thinking is Trapatori turned it down and Venables has had enough waiting around for the FAI to find someone and told them he's not interested anymore and the FAI now have to appoint someonea as the players are getting restless. I hope I'm wrong I really do

I think you could be right there..........? It is now official: The FAI & Delaney are one big joke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

Wtf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Care to elaborate a bit more? What is he joking about?

Pal wrote: »
    Wtf

He is 'the last interviewee' apparently so not a joke and nothing has been decided yet AFAIK.

• Advertisement

Sky says he is getting the Ireland job

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

presume u mean the ireland job?

Sky doesn't say that, Sky says he will meet the FAI Wednesday and accept the job if offered.

going back to my TV. excuse me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

It is now official: The FAI & Delaney are one big joke.
    Now?

Fúcking now?

This has been common knowledge for about twenty-five years mate. Probably fifty five years more like.

No, not now, not when Stan was sacked, not when Stan was appointed, not when Kerr was shafted, not when Kerr was given the job, not when McCarthy was told to eff off, not when Roy and Saipan blew up, not when McCarthy inherited a shíte team of old men, not when George The Greek legged it with thousands of black market ticket money, not when Charlton got the job on the back of a politically motivated vote, not when the FAI went to Paris instead of Wembley to play Spain. None of these times.

The FAI has always been a joke.

Football in this country is run by corrupt, immoral, self-serving, conniving, slimey toads.

In fairness the presenters keep making it out he has got the job, but then actually explain the situation.

Sky doesn't say that, Sky says he will meet the FAI Wednesday and accept the job if offered.

I think its already been asked but didnt Givens not say 'he had a job to do' and did not want to here about the new manager till 'at least Thursday'? Thanks to the FAI muppetry everyone is expecting Trappatoni or Venables - if Davies got the job I think the fans would be disappointed. 105 days for Davies - a new low. Hopefully not.

I may have ****ed up the poll merging threads, apologies :/

lol you closed it, I think PHB knows something lol :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 868 ✭✭✭tdv

Pal wrote: »
    Sky says he is getting the Ireland job

Who's getting it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I may have ****ed up the poll merging threads, apologies :/

LEAVE IT THE WAY IT IS.

Please.

No options in the poll.

Sky Sports News understands Billy Davies will hold talks regarding the Republic of Ireland job on Wednesday.

Davies has now emerged as the leading contender to succeed Steve Staunton, who left his post as Ireland coach last autumn.

Nah, St Kitts would be more suitable.

Davies odds have actually lengthed on betfair in the past hour out to 4.5/1 from 2.5

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement