Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

crap insurance

Options
  • 04-02-2008 11:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭

???? i cant get over this...

just looked up insurance with quinn on there website.. i have 1 years no claim bonus with them.. insurance would be 1500 euro for the year... but if i use that i have no claims bonus and 2 years named driver no claims its 1300???!!!!! why the **** is it different...

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,570 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

the fact its 2 years rather than 1.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

jonny24ie wrote: »
    the fact its 2 years rather than 1.
    I wonder if the OP puts in 3 years would it go down further :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,570 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

kbannon wrote: »
    I wonder if the OP puts in 3 years would it go down further :D

Hmmm.... Do you really think that putting in 3 would make any sort of difference tho?? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

lol :D
    It's a conspiracy OP.

Seriously, put in the correct details and you get your correct quote.(leaving aside calling to haggle) Simple as...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭afatbollix

it wont let me put in the 2 years names no claims... and the one years no claim on my own car... i can only chose one....

shouldent the 1 years no claim on my own car be better??

• Advertisement

anto-t wrote: »
    it wont let me put in the 2 years names no claims... and the one years no claim on my own car... i can only chose one....

shouldent the 1 years no claim on my own car be better??

Nope, afaik the named driver discount is about 60% of no claim so by that thinking 2 years would be 120% hence the extra little discount.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

I'm in the same boat now. I can't put in my year as a named driver along with my year on my own. Get a quote with A) no experience B) 2 yrs named C) 1 yr on your own policy. Then ring up and say you want some discount for having both B and C.

Still at least with Quinn they do recognise that you had experience as a named driver and 60% of NCD is nothing to sneeze at.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

I think the post just badly explained what the OP was querying.
    The OP most likely has 2 years named driving experience & 1 with a policy of his own.
    His query seems to be why can he not gain from all the driving experience he has, the website only allows mentioning named experience OR full policy holding experience.
    The OP's secondary ponderance was why is 2 years as a named driver better than 1 year with a policy in his own name.

On the first one it's probably a limitation of the website entry fields, I suggest you ring the insurance company & talk to a human, although you may still get a "computer says no" answer. You may be able to haggle an additional discount over the phone.

On the other query (2 named better than 1 in own name). Well you have two years proven driving experience in the 2 years as a named driver, while some insurance companies don't recognise named driving experience others do and will give you the discounts relating to that experience.

Advertisement