Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Panel Alignment

Options
  • 05-02-2008 12:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭

My drivers side doors aren't quite aligned properly. I'm sure it's evidence of past bodywork but the paint is okay.

If you were looking straight at them, you'd think both doors need to 'revolve' upwards clockwise by a couple of mm. I can see no reason why they wouldn't go ie, they don't appear to be mis-shapen spurious panels but I'm wondering if there is adjustment in the hinges to allow this to happen.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Sounds like worn hinge pins to me.

Lift the open doors and see if there's any play there.

What is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Sounds like worn hinge pins to me.

Lift the open doors and see if there's any play there.

What is it?

'98 A6 116k (with FSH etc). There's no movement up or down and it affects both driver side door but the pass side doors are fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭mikehn

If your doors appear to have dropped a simple fix is to unscrew lower hinge and insert washers behind hinge to bring it out thus raising door, preferrably stainless variety. to drop doors use this method on top hinge

Advertisement