Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Could they fail me in O/L Irish Mock for this?

• 05-02-2008 12:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

said in my essay "Ní he la na gaoithe, la na pimpin", an motto ab'fhearr na deagóiri, agus iad ag cruasail"

said in my sceal "Chuir se fios ar an t-Uachtaran Obama, lonnaithe sna Stáit Aontaithe".

said in my sceal " Chonaic me Cathal O Searcaigh,
    an pheadothóir, fear ag dul i raimhre, níl teorainn ar meid a bholg, é ag deanamh paisti go crualach"

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭bUILDERtHEbOB

Teeheeheehehe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭JSK 252

Timee wrote: »
    said in my essay "Ní he la na gaoithe, la na pimpin", an motto ab'fhearr na deagóiri, agus iad ag cruasail"

said in my sceal "Chuir se fios ar an t-Uachtaran Obama, lonnaithe sna Stáit Aontaithe".

an pheadothóir, fear ag dul i raimhre, níl teorainn ar meid a bholg, é ag deanamh paisti go crualach"

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D. Well I suppose if the Irish is gramatically correct they cant do anything to you!

Fair play though. lá na pimpin lol;);)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Your Irish, while not perfectly correct, seems rather good for O/L...

oh, and you might be marked down for bad taste in the last one, but they won't fail you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84,916 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

........I never did Irish. I resent you and your inside joke :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭Killaqueen!!!

English translation please :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭JSK 252

English translation please :P

The windy day is not the day for pimping.

He called president Obama who was based in USA.

Im not going to say the third one because you could get sued!;););)

500 posts and 3 stars!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 590 ✭✭✭bman

JSK 252 wrote: »
    The windy day is not the day for pimping.

He called president Obama who was based in USA.

Im not going to say the third one because you could get sued!;););)

500 posts and 3 stars!

He made a good point. What pimp in their right mind would go out plying their trade on a windy day? Full marks here I say.

I am crap at Irish so don't know what the last one means. Come on, somebody tell us!

Something about a priest and children??

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭BULLER

If thats what I think it means, thats disgusting... To echo wise words: "Wont somebody please think of na paist!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭King Ludvig

The last one referes to pedophilea, but is by no means through. In my english short stort one of my charecters was a transvestite who smiled when children walked pasted his house. I also said he stores his wife in the attack. Hope they'll see the humours side?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 582 ✭✭✭TheAmateur

Timee wrote: »
    You're a hero man. That counts for extra points, if anything. Lemme see, the English translation (if I'm anywhere close) would be something like:
    "I saw Cathal Ó Searcaigh, the paedophile, a man who is getting fatter, there's no limit to the size of his stomach, he was... doing children roughly.:rolleyes:
    I agree with JC 2K3, your Irish is pretty good for O/L...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 dani20008

Níl aon dabht ann ach nach bhfaighidh tú móran marcanna i dtaobh na ''quotes'' sin ...an laghad de raimeas!!!!!
    Is legúin é Cathal O Searcaigh in ainneoin don leargas mailíseach a thugadh do sna paipeirí nuachta le deanaí...............................:)
    Leoige níl barack mar uachtaran go foill a thimee

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭i-cheat

say this in your oral and your sorted "tá me homogoneáiseach" - try it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Timee

naw. if i say it like that it sounds like "homogenised".

Advertisement