Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Vehicles that are not available here.....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

Wouldn't mind one of those Tempo Trax jobbies. Looks like they're rugged and simple enough, a real 4x4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

ninty9er wrote: »
    Holden Commodore

Strangely enough just downloaded a game that was originally released for the Commodore Amiga 500

Very Vectra looking, GM found a few bits in the bottom of the parts bin!

-VB-

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭G Luxel

Opel Corsa saloon and wagon

classic2.jpg

opel_swing.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭cjt156

Yeah, we're really missing out aren't we....?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

ninty9er wrote: »

The commodore is available here - well sort of - in the Vauxhall VXR8 - I am sure Opel would do you one up if you asked ! :D

I really like the Inifnity Q45 - What a cracking looking SUV.

Ford also do a lovely SUV in OZ, I can't remember the name of it but it looked great.

Nissan Cube is also another car I would like to see more of here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

Fiat Panda - RHD - 4x4 1.3MJet

A diesel Alfa 166, hopefully the new 169 will be sold here with the 250BHp diesel unit...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭astraboy

Ford F150. Best selling car in America, love them and would like to see a few on the roads here, commercial tax, 5.4L V8.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

The Renault Twingo - and no, the new bland version doesn't count.

img_7.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

Mega Cruser:eek:

http://www.megacruiser.com/

in_Renault_Thalia_11.jpg
    a Renault clio saloon, known as the thalia, this was the first version and below
    is the new model.
    renaulthalia8pw.jpg

and a ValueProgress Alligator 2 6 wheeler, a few of which have been built.

alligator.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

BMW E60/E61 535i(twin turbo straight 6 from the 135i and 335i).BMW E90-E93 328i, E60/E61 528i(and for good reason, it has a rather old fashioned engine by BMWs standards today, no direct injection and 230 bhp from it's 3.0 litre engine, a North American special because their fuel can't handle direct injection).
    BMW E90-E93 323i, never figured out why they don't sell that in Europe, the same engine is found in the 523i.

Others I've thought of have already been mentioned, though the Opel GT hasn't, and what about the Chevrolet Prism, the car that was a Corolla?

There's also the current generation Polo, Opel Corsa and Astra, as well as the Toyota Yaris saloon which are found elsewhere but not here(the Polo and Corsa saloon are even available in RHD, so why VW and Opel never offered us these is a mystery to me).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

E92 wrote: »
    Others I've thought of have already been mentioned, though the Opel GT hasn't, and what about the Chevrolet Prism, the car that was a Corolla?

Geo Prizm actually, only sold in North America. They were owned by General Motors, and they had a car called the Geo Metro, which was really a Suzuki Swift.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

Max_Damage wrote: »
    Geo Prizm actually, only sold in North America. They were owned by General Motors, and they had a car called the Geo Metro, which was really a Suzuki Swift.
    Initially yes, but became a Chevy in later years when GM got rid of GEO;).

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭N8

Forester STi?

DSC00930.jpg
    468495.jpg
    468492.jpg
    468493.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭woop

theres a twingo in ucd nowadays, weird yoke!
    on the subject of small cars
    seat arosa 1.4, they are meant to be fairly fun for a city car although girly?

504_99_detour.gif

Peugoet 504, still available new in Kenya in 2008.
    the ckd production for worldwide ended in France in ....2004.
    In I998, the entire year's world production of 504 outsold the entire production figure for the 605.

99_back.jpg

and from Russia, a Volga M24 wagon

gaz800_4.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

Volkswagen Citi Golf (available in South Africa):

800px-VW_Citi_Golf.jpg

Lubao CA6410 (Chinese version of the Austin Maestro):

fawlubao_08.jpg
    (Has the front end of the Austin Montego).

fawlubao_09.jpg

Subaru Impreza Casa Blanca. Don't know how many were built but saw plenty of them in Japan.
    A change from your typical impreza.
    CasablancaKLEIN.jpg

and a Vitz Clavia, sort of Lexus Yaris......

1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭PhoenixRising

Volkswagen Golf GTi Edition 30. Only available in the UK and Germany. 30 extra BHP over the standard GTi.

Golf%20GTI%20.jpg

Nissan Platina from Turkey
    platina.jpg

a clio clone saloon (symbio/Thalia in Eastern Europe)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,084 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

E92 wrote: »
    BMW E60/E61 535i(twin turbo straight 6 from the 135i and 335i).BMW E90-E93 328i, E60/E61 528i(and for good reason, it has a rather old fashioned engine by BMWs standards today, no direct injection and 230 bhp from it's 3.0 litre engine, a North American special because their fuel can't handle direct injection).
    BMW E90-E93 323i, never figured out why they don't sell that in Europe, the same engine is found in the 523i.

There's also the current generation Polo, Opel Corsa and Astra, as well as the Toyota Yaris saloon which are found elsewhere but not here(the Polo and Corsa saloon are even available in RHD, so why VW and Opel never offered us these is a mystery to me).

you cant get a 535i in ireland ? that sucks

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

All of these odd looking Volkswagens
    http://www.volkswagen.com.cn/

U'll have to do a bit a guess work to find them

• Registered Users Posts: 4,195 ✭✭✭MarkN

Volkswagen Golf GTi Edition 30. Only available in the UK and Germany. 30 extra BHP over the standard GTi.

Golf%20GTI%20.jpg

You can get an Edition 30 here.

Monaro for me.

2004_Vauxhall_monaro_002-1187541427273188_large_item.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭alias no.9

All of these odd looking Volkswagens
    http://www.volkswagen.com.cn/

They're mostly just tarted up vw's that were previously available here with the exception of the gol which originates in south america.
    U'll have to do a bit a guess work to find them

Alternatively, click on 'english' at the top of the page

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

alias no.9 wrote: »
    Alternatively, click on 'english' at the top of the page

:eek:All my guess work put to shame:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭PhoenixRising

MarkN wrote: »

That's news to me. Nothing on the VW.ie website about them being available in Ireland. When I ordered my GTi 4 months ago and I asked the dealer about it he hadn't got a clue what an edition 30 even was, granted that's not surprising for a VW dealer.

Where are you getting your info from?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

Love the look of the Accord Coupe; the new Civic Coupes don't look as pretty as the original ones, though.

And I see that Toyota has topped Hummer in the ugly stakes with that Mega Cruiser Abomination!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Don't think any of the following are on sale officially in Ireland

Renault Sport Megane 225

and the Clio

BMW Z3 Coupe

• Registered Users Posts: 7,441 ✭✭✭JoeA3

MarkN wrote: »

Are you sure? As far as I know VW Ireland haven't made them available here at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,195 ✭✭✭MarkN

I spoke to someone in Grange (who wouldn't be your typical VW person and actually knows his stuff) and he spoke about the Edition 30 as if you could order it. I know MDL would definitely bring one in for you - a guy brought in a MKIV Anniversary through them in 2002. That Merc with the suicide doors (model escapes me!) that Rooney got this week came into Ireland last year through MDL for some property developer so if they'll do that they'll do a Golf I'd say but worth trying a decent VW dealer first.

Advertisement