Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Screenclick slow service

Options
  • 05-02-2008 12:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭

I have the basic screenclick, one at a time, package. I only get one DVD a week no matter when i return the previous rental. Last week i returned a DVD on wednesday, so they should have got it next day. On Friday they email me to say my next DVD is sent out but it has not arrived this morning (Monday). The turnaround is very slow. Do they do this to limit how many DVDs you get on the basic offer?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

To be fair they can only be as quick as an post are. A two day delivery time is reasonable for irish post.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

That's not true I live in County Limerick and post always gets to dublin next day even from my local town I send mail to clients every day and it's nearly always confirmed received next day - I was with Screenclick when they started every time I sent back a DVD they got it next day until after a while things started slowing down obviously when the choices were dwindling and their customer base was getting bigger - I moved around to a few of the others and they sent me a mail recently for a free month so I tried them simultaneously with my current supplier (Moviestar) and they were awful took three days for them to even acknowledge returns and good luck if you're looking for a new release!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

I have the basic screenclick, one at a time, package. I only get one DVD a week no matter when i return the previous rental. Last week i returned a DVD on wednesday, so they should have got it next day. On Friday they email me to say my next DVD is sent out but it has not arrived this morning (Monday). The turnaround is very slow. Do they do this to limit how many DVDs you get on the basic offer?

Only thing i would say is if was posted late on friday, would be tuesday then

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭waxon-waxoff

Thats interesting Eamonn. Post sent today should arrive next day. I originally joined Busybee but Screenclick took them over around Christmas. There is no good reason they can tell me my next rental on Friday and not even post it for another full day. It will probably arrive in the morning like it did last week. Tenner a month for four DVDs and low overheads, no wonder the owner is driving around in a Ferrari

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

i'm in carlow and generally its two days for delivery of post nationwide so post from the uk or wherever screenclick is would presumably take this long? maybe your regular postie has gone sick and his work is being covered on an ad hoc basis?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I've been with screenclick for about a year and a half now and service has declined. Initially, if you returned a DVD on Monday, they would mark it received on the Tuesday. Dispatch the next DVD on Wednesday with receipt on Thursday.

However lately, and I suspect that it's due to An Post, everything has been stretched out by an extra day. What other reason is there really? The really annoying part is that I live in Dublin, yet it takes 2 days for my DVD to get there.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

When I used screenclick and was renting from waterford they took 2 days to Dublin and 2 days back, wasn't an issue as I had three dvd's on the go all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭fullirish

I, like one of the posters above, was with busybeedvd and the service was great - always next day, could sometimes get two movies in a week, but since the were bought by screenclick the service is definitely worse, max one dvd a week, never arrives the following day with them - I cant see why it is an post, they must be just lazy - busybeedvd were great - why did the have to be taken over!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

An post have gone to the dogs lately. I've had 3 letters in the last month addressed to other people, all fairly offical looking (one had a government stamp, other 2 looked like statements) delivered to my house when the typed address was clearly the same number but a different street.

Two days each way isn't unusual - when I used screenclick on the free trial a year ago, that's what I was getting. And at least 2 DVDs went missing in the post.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭FruitLover

Anyone having major problems with DVDs going missing altogether? I've been using Screenclick for a while now, and the week-long wait between deliveries doesn't bother me, but it's been about two months since a DVD was successfully delivered to me at all. Unless my postie is gradually building up his own collection, there's something fishy going on...

• Advertisement
Advertisement