Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone ever buy clothes online???

• 05-02-2008 12:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭

hey
    Anyone know any cheap clothes sites online that ship to Ireland???

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭banchang

eoghan h wrote: »
    hey
    Anyone know any cheap clothes sites online that ship to Ireland???

Thanks!

M8 could you be a bit more specific ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

• Registered Users Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

www.threadless.com are great for tshirts and hoodies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Play.com sometimes have good deals on hoodies and t-shirts as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 528 ✭✭✭FrCrilly

Try JC Penney. Bought 3 pairs of Levi jeans for total cost of €82 including P&P, untouched by customs.

http://www.jcp.com/jcp/default.aspx

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭eoghan h

banchang wrote: »
    M8 could you be a bit more specific ?

mens clothes.......

Thanks for the other links!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,954 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

www.dress-for-less.ie have designer and branded stuff at up to 70% off. Also most high street shops now have an online store that deliver to Ireland. Look in the Fashion and Appearance forum. There's a sticky of clothes and fashion related shops that deliver to Ireland.

Thanks!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Donal94

I've bought a few quiksilver things from this seller on ebay, they are genuine, but some are seconds. he has all the surf type brands.

Link

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

FrCrilly wrote: »
    Try JC Penney. Bought 3 pairs of Levi jeans for total cost of €82 including P&P, untouched by customs.

Beware, though, a mate of mine did exactly the same a couple of weeks ago and was nabbed by customs. I bought two pairs just before he ordered his and they arrived untouched.

• Advertisement

blastman wrote: »
    Beware, though, a mate of mine did exactly the same a couple of weeks ago and was nabbed by customs. I bought two pairs just before he ordered his and they arrived untouched.

Fair point, but in this below previous thread there are 7 cases of uninterfered with packages getting through with no-one mentioning an opposite case. One person has said they got through 4 times. I get the impression it's good odds in favour of being untouched.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055189530&highlight=levi+jeans

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Oh, yeah, the odds seem to be good alright, just saying that you can't take it for granted either, that's all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 830 ✭✭✭j14

I bought a load of polo shirts from American Eagle and got nailed big time by customs. I had spent about $250 and got hit for about €70 customs when they were delivered as far as I can remember. It was only about a month ago.

Not fun when the dude delivering asks do you have a credit or laser card on you to pay for customs.

J.

j14 wrote: »
    I bought a load of polo shirts from American Eagle and got nailed big time by customs. I had spent about $250 and got hit for about €70 customs when they were delivered as far as I can remember. It was only about a month ago.

Not fun when the dude delivering asks do you have a credit or laser card on you to pay for customs.

J.

That's 8-2 in favour of getting through that I've counted so far.

As I said I bought 3 pairs of Levi's for €82 incl P&P. An equivalent pair of Levi's on the Irish high street would cost approx €80 each. If I had been hit with a €70 customs charge, it would still have been well worth it. I think one has nothing to lose.

dress-for-less.ie is brilliant!!!
    anyone have any other sites like this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 724 ✭✭✭muckety

I'm looking at the JCP.com website with a view to ordering some clothes, would appreciate some help as its the first time I've ordered from US. 1) Are the sizings fairly accurate or should I err on the side of big or small? (buying for children and adults). 2) I can't see shoe sizes, what are these in relation to our sizes (ie if size 9 adult in Ireland what does that translate as? Are these sizes on the website?). 3) is USPS (cheapest shipping option) the postal service, meaning delivered by An Post? (I have had bad experiences with UPS and FEDEX on previous non-clothing orders from the US). 4) how long on average does delivery take?

thanks for your help,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭IrishMike

Got ****ed for customs on american eagle stuff too.
    Dont like the fit of the jeans but the fact that i had to pay so much on customs and
    the shipping cost me $50 means that even if i return them im down over €100 on 3 pairs of jeans.
    Sickened to be honest.
    Wont be buying anything from them again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Bosie

used dress for less and received the goods very quickly.
    however one of the items was the wrong size-
    I contacted them and they were really helpful

they agreed to pay return costs and will credit me with €10 for next purchase.

endless.com is also another good site (shoes) recently saw a pair of Kenneth Cole shoes in Brown Thomas Dublin for €140 - exact same on this site for $69

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Typhoon.

i've bought jeans from Brandjunkie.com....uk site... find them great..just ordered 2 pairs there 5 min ago..no lie.

they're €70 here so i bought one pair there 4 weeks back and delivered they were €53....so just ordered 2 more and they gave me a reduced shipping rate...so coming in at just over €90...

i reccommend them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 edelgkgeraghty

That's 8-2 in favour of getting through that I've counted so far.

As I said I bought 3 pairs of Levi's for €82 incl P&P. An equivalent pair of Levi's on the Irish high street would cost approx €80 each. If I had been hit with a €70 customs charge, it would still have been well worth it. I think one has nothing to lose.

I bought a dress from America. Got caught with Customs and had to pay €70. Totally worth it tho. Saved a fortune buying the dress online. Would do it again no bother!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭Disco Stu

went on at the weekend to try and got an email saying they no longer ship levi's or dockers (levi company) outside the US. anyone else know any alternatives?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭*melanie*

i havent shopped here yet,but looks good.they do deliver here to.http://www.boohoo.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

Disco Stu wrote: »
    went on at the weekend to try and got an email saying they no longer ship levi's or dockers (levi company) outside the US. anyone else know any alternatives?

shiii!t. I bought levi's from this crowd before and it was a very good deal and I was very impressed.

Went to order two more pairs today, and it doesn't give a shipping cost, says "Special Condition"
    And it says "JCPenney will contact you with additional information."

Obviously they will email and say they don't ship outside the US.
    Real pain.
    What to do!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭kindalen

think i heard somewhere that you can use some type of mail forwarding service?not sure of costs.....or even if they exist anywhere but my brain....try good old google.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 frozenfire

if you are looking to buy high end fashionable women's clothing i highly recommend www.bb1classic.com. great timely delivery and overall excellent service, not too mention their fine selection of women's clothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

frozenfire wrote: »
    if you are looking to buy high end fashionable women's clothing i highly recommend www.bb1classic.com. great timely delivery and overall excellent service, not too mention their fine selection of women's clothing.

Hello Mr bb1classic store owner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 markymark99

check out littlewoods-ireland. some good bargains to be had

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

*melanie* wrote: »
    i havent shopped here yet,but looks good.they do deliver here to.http://www.boohoo.com/

Must get something off these guys at least twice a month. Lovely to deal with and good value. Never late.

I recognize the labels from some high street pre-suppliers!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    Must get something off these guys at least twice a month. Lovely to deal with and good value. Never late.

I recognize the labels from some high street pre-suppliers!

How are the sizes?? They only do from an 8 up and I'm a small 8 (actually a 6)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement