Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The perfect pancakes?

• 05-02-2008 1:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭

Any good recipes or tips in preparation for tomorrow.

I'm tempted to try those ready made ones where you add milk, any experience of them?. I tried those for scones once when lazy and bored and found them to be disappointing.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Pigletlover

Pancakes are simple to make from scratch so don't bother with that ready mix crap.

I use approx. 150g flour, 200 ml of low fat milk and 2 eggs. I like mine fairly thin so that's why I use low fat milk, but if you like yours heavier you could use a mixture of milk and cream or even melted buter. Sieve the flour into a bowl, make a well and add the eggs and a little milk, Whisk as you add the milk and continue to whisk until the mixture is smooth. If you have time, it's better to leave the batter stand for a few hours in the fridge but it's ok to use it straight away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Pigletlover

I should have said make sure the pan is hot enough before you add the batter you only need a tiny amount of oil to cook them. I pour some oil onto the pan and then wipe with kitchen towel so it is thinly and evenly spread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

The receipe I use is:

1 cup plain flour
    1 cup milk
    1 egg

Whisk and leave for half an hour.

Small bit of oil in a good pan (important - stops them sticking)
    Have pan very hot.
    1st pancake is always rubbish for some reason!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

Mine:
    4oz flour
    4oz milk
    4oz water
    2 egg yolks
    2 tbsp melted butter.

A bit richer than your average, but delicious.
    Margarine in the pan too.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

half pound of flour
    pint of milk
    two eggs

nice and basic, put anything and everything on top

ususally use marg to fry, butter when im feeling in the mood

• Advertisement
Advertisement