Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Olympics - Hong Kong

• 05-02-2008 1:43am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,475 ✭✭✭

Anyone here going to HK for the equestrian events. We could meet for a drink or 2 if so.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭togster

Now you are just rubbing my face in it..:mad:

btw how much would all that cost...would love to go:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,475 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Flights are around €1,200 from Shannon via Paris. Tickets for the showjumping were around €35 for each of the 3 evenings. It's the 17th, 18th and the 21st of August. Sportsworld .co.uk are the ticket agents for the events.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭wombles

I am worried that the weather conditions will be very harsh for the horses over there. The humidity will make it very tough for them.

Are you really going? Wow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,475 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Yeah , the humidity will be severe but the jumping competitions are on at night time and the stable complex has air conditioning for during the day. The dressage is on at 6.30am and the Cross country at 8.00am to avoid the heat also.

I have a couple of mates competing - but not in any Equestrian events.

I also have to raise enough money to help pay for my masters over the summer so I can't head out. My sister will probably be there though, she lives out in that part of the woods.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

I think it was for Greece they acclimitised the horses in heat rooms so it wouldn't be too much of a shock.

Not going this time round, may head out to London in 2012.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭wombles

I think climate much bigger problem in Honk Kong though. The Swiss have pulled out already.

Advertisement