Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Free X Box Live Gold!

• 05-02-2008 1:46am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭

Hey Everybody!
    I'm Sure there are lots of you that would love to enjoy X-Box Live Gold but either can't afford it or don't want to give Bill Gates any more money.

I came across this (go on, click "this") site that explains how to get it for free.
    Basically it's a competition and if you don't win they give you a consolation of 48hrs of Gold membership. The flaw in their system is that they don't verify the details you give so as long as you keep making up new details you can keep getting codes. It's a bit of hassle but it's free so can't complain!

Enjoy!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

This has been posted a couple of times already!

Oh and Primus are class! :):):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 260 ✭✭rliston

two threads on this already

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

Jeez, just pay the damn money if you want to play online :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,744 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Mena wrote: »

Or use Xlink-Kai. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Maddzy

Has anyone confirmed that theese codes even work on Irish live accounts. Anyone I know who tried it was told their code was invalid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 260 ✭✭rliston

Maddzy wrote: »
    Has anyone confirmed that theese codes even work on Irish live accounts. Anyone I know who tried it was told their code was invalid.

i've an irish account and i used 4 or 5 while i was off for christmas- didnt see the point in paying for subscription when i only get the chance to play during holidays.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

Its only 60e a year for a great service- pay its ya's tight wads. :):) : )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭BloodSugarSex

haha pay for it and dont be scabby

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Evolute

I'm not a tightwad and I dont get that much money a week from my job. Although doing that scam for a 48 hour code screw that. I'll save up and pay the 60 quid thanks very much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Mena wrote: »
    Its only 60e a year for a great service- pay its ya's tight wads. :):) : )
    haha pay for it and dont be scabby

Imho it should be free to begin with, so €60 a year is over a thousand times more expensive than it should be. PC and PS3 enjoy a free service - not only that but the PC has a better online infrastructure with dedicated servers for many games. Also despite paying this money for Live Gold you still have to put up with advertisements. Charging for gamer pics and themes is ridiculous too.

other than the larger user base than on PSN, where's the value in paying €60 more than other platform users have to.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭BloodSugarSex

Fnz wrote: »
    Imho it should be free to begin with, so €60 a year is over a thousand times more expensive than it should be. PC and PS3 enjoy a free service - not only that but the PC has a better online infrastructure with dedicated servers for many games. Also despite paying this money for Live Gold you still have to put up with advertisements. Charging for gamer pics and themes is ridiculous too.

other than the larger user base than on PSN, where's the value in paying €60 more than other platform users have to.

its only about 20p a day so stop bleedin whinging

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

If you check ebay, you're only going to pay around 40e. I know that I paid less than 20 a year for my last two subs. I don't use it massively but I'd rather have it than not have it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

its only about 20p a day so stop bleedin whinging

Wow... 20p a day... it would sound even less if you calculated it to the second! Why don't you do that? :rolleyes:

Advertisement