Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

AA Inspection check when buying a car.

Options
  • 05-02-2008 2:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭

I am looking at buying a new car(Used) ASAP, and was planning on getting AA or something to check out before I buy. Has anybody got the AA or anybody else to do this, and what were the results like, was it worth it, as the price to do this checks seems quite high. Just looking for some feedback in general. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

they're €200 to €300, so quite expensive, but very thorough. They give you a full print out of the results.
    i usually get a local mechanic to check over the car first. 20 minutes up on the lift and a quick drive, is enough peace of mind for me, and only costs €40 odd. Any mechanic will do it, but a well respected one is best.

depends on the cost of the car i suppose, but even spending €200 on a check now, could save you €€€€ in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭dos30

Hi I got this guy to check out a BMW I was thinking of buying a few mts ago in Dublin.

http://www.carcheckireland.com

Saved me thousands. The car had been crashed, clocked and electrics were shot.

I then got him to check out another one in Cork which I ended up buying.
    It costs €150 for an inspection but he is very thorough and and worth every penny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭timemachine

ok Thanks. Will check it out.

Advertisement