Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

My 360 = RIP

• 05-02-2008 9:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭

So, Trying to load up halo 3 last night and I put in the disc and I am waiting and waiting and the machine is making these chugging noises, does not sound healthy at all, and then it finally gives up and tells me that its "An Unplayable Disc" !!!

Now I would understand this if the disc was manky dirty or something but in this case it was completely clean, and to test this further I took a brand new Game "Tomb Raider Anniversary" and got the same result !!

But heres the twist, I put in a regular DVD and this played fine ? And I also have some discs with mp3's and various wmf's on them and these also played fine ?

So after several frustrating minutes of attempted gaming I was getting browned off so I started to kinda, well not 'Hit' as much as 'Touch Up' my console and LO, the disc in at the time started to play !!!???? (Halo 3)

I don’t know if this is something u guys have experienced at all but I am seriously considering just exchanging this one and getting an Elite or something ??

Recommendations welcome ;)

HJ-

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

Had the same problem myself. A lot of info around on this one. Could be that your laser is dirty or else a thing called a "Pot Calibrtaion" is required i.e. the laser strength is too weak.

The reason it'll still plays DVDs etc. is due to the fact that while reading these the laser doesn't need to hit an exact point (or something like that). Google it, it's fairly common.

If still under guarantee I would send it back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭ciano1

This happened to me on certain games only when my xbox was verticle.....I put it horizontal and works perfectly now

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Yo Mamma

I decided to make the Call anyway and get the Box Collected under Warranty, does anybody know if they do a full diagnostic on the machine or just look at what was reported in the initial fault ? I think there may be more than one fault with it.....

I am hoping that this all turns around before Vegas 2 Gets released next month !

Advertisement