Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pissed off on valentines day?????????

Options
  • 05-02-2008 10:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭

Are there any other single people in Waterford? I am not looking forward to valentines day and was wondering if there was anyone else who would like to join on this most horrid day!:eek:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

The only people who will be genuinely happy on Valentines day is florists, restaraunts, Hallmark etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭tonc76

Its a joke of a day that just takes money out of your pocket.

I'm in a relationship and will not be doing anything for it.

My partner feels the exact same as why go out for dinner on the 14th just because the florists/hallmark people as mossy said brainwash you into doing it:confused:

You are missing nothing and if anything are saving loads of money:D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

I send my gf flowers through out the year, I don't need a certain day to do it where I have to pay more!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

I bargain with my florist to give it to me at the usual price. Not paying over the top just for the one day. Rip Off.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Im a deise lad exiled in Dublin here and ya think Waterford is bad for ripping you off, Dublin is bloody nuts..

I know guys who pay €120+ for a dozen roses and then they have the cheek to charge €15 delivery charge.. I refuse to pay anything like that..

At least I'm single, so methinks I'll treat myself to a night on the town the following weekend..

Anyone up for an impromtu boards beers on the sat night?? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

Yeah its a rip off no doubt but two things

1, if you're single just ignore it,Its a midweek day so likelyhood is you'll be working anyway.

2, Even if you are in a relationship and are intending of purchasing whatever on valentines day,stop moaning money isn't everything like.:)

Advertisement