Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guitar Hero Comp...

Options
  • 05-02-2008 10:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭

Saw a sign up this morning... Guitar Hero Competition, Javas Cafe, Friday... But no date. Run by G-Soc, does anybody know if it was on the 1st or if it's on this week, the 8th??

I'll be gutted if I missed it.:(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Cardinal

AFAIK that took place last semester. Unless there's another one scheduled which I don't know about.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Cardinal wrote: »
    AFAIK that took place last semester. Unless there's another one scheduled which I don't know about.

Anybody know somebody in G-Soc who could clear it all up... Why do I care so much about a competition... Meh...

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Cardinal

I'm a member of GSoc. I asked the president. It's definately left over from last semester they forgot you have to take the posters in those cabinets down yourself. You can go to gsoc.skynet.ie to see what events are upcoming, though it sometimes takes a bit of delving through the forum to figure out what's going on. There's a mailing list too with up to date news, you could ask to be put on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

The gsoc president mentioned this evening that they don't put dates on their posters in case the events get delayed (that way they can reuse them). Of course, being Paddy, he also said quite a number of other things this evening, including "Would anyone like to run against Max? I'd like to point out that he /is/ German".

The downside is when posters aren't removed you don't know whether it's been on or not. Probably worth keeping an eye on the website for current and future events then.

Cardinal wrote: »
    I'm a member of GSoc. I asked the president. It's definately left over from last semester

/runs off crying... ;)

Thanks for the heads up guys. Was thinkin how savage it would be to play guitar hero on a projector and hook up the console to some amplifiers during rag week... Would get a lot of attention provided it was in a good location, maybe charge 50c, donate the money to charity???

Is that madness or a possible idea for Gsoc... well I'm heading over to the site now!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭digiking

Well, I'm not in GSoc but i will provide all the gear you need for guitar hero.

I've got a projector and a pretty large pa system - 3400watt - yes it is loud!!!

I do work for the drama soc so i assume some of you have probably seen some of my system!

Anyways send me a PM if your interested!

Alan

digiking wrote: »
    Well, I'm not in GSoc but i will provide all the gear you need for guitar hero.

I've got a projector and a pretty large pa system - 3400watt - yes it is loud!!!

I do work for the drama soc so i assume some of you have probably seen some of my system!

Anyways send me a PM if your interested!

Alan

I feel a sense of providence!! This must be done!!!

Advertisement