Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pro Evo Vs Fifa

Options
  • 05-02-2008 10:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭

Sorry to do this again guys. However have just come back from my mates place in London after a Pro Evo weekend and having played Fifa 08 and PES for a long while now i believe Pro Evo to be the better.

Pro Evo is great because the pitches are a great size, they are far to small on Fifa. There is lots of play, its not a given to score a 1 on 1 and its an overall tougher game.

I bought Fifa 08 having not played it since 05 and picked it up instantly. I was soon on Xbox Live beating people online. Think i was 35/15 after 50 games. All you have to do is get by the defence and your guarenteed a goal. Any free kick around the area goes in. And matches end 6-3 etc...

We had a 6 man league on Pes, which took 9 hours. It was really close down to the final game and games finished 1-0, 2-0, 2-1 etc... as appose to 5-1, 7-4, 7-0 on Fifa. PES all the way my friends.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭eoin2nc

True having played both to death, pro evo is the better game. Cant believe people keep saying how realistic fifa is, the players have a turning circle of a large truck,need to use stupid 'skill' moves to get past defenders,commentary is crap.

For example after the keeper gets a hand to a shoot but its stills goes in Andy Gray will say what a great save it was. It still pro evo for the serious gamer Fifa for the casual

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Pro Evo +1 here, for what its worth. Wouldn't even consider FIFA once Pro Evo continues as it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

I hear that! Playing Fifa is so fùcking depressing!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

eoin2nc wrote: »
    need to use stupid 'skill' moves to get past defenders

Spot on really dislike that bit of the game, there's no such thing as raw pace beating a player. The difference between a top player and average player is minimal is another thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Pro Evo 08 is the worst version of pes n years and years...possibly ever. All realism has gone from the game. You can easily run the pitch with someone like Kuyt (Ive even done it with hyypia) which was what I used to hate about Fifa. Its also far too easier to score. I still play it, as Ive played every incarnation of pro evo.

Fifa 08 isnt perfect but at least its in some way realistic. I dont like that the camera is so far back and the players can be slowww but as I said, I like realism.

I just hope they fix pro evo next time as I dont want to have to play Fifa for another year!

• Advertisement
Advertisement