Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCAS Points?

Options
  • 05-02-2008 10:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭

Hey guys,

I'm from England and am living in Ireland for a few months. I was just wondering if you have UCAS points over here. i.e. if i wanted to do a degree over here could i use my ucas point or do you have another points system.

Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭Brooke01

TomPich wrote: »
    Hey guys,

I'm from England and am living in Ireland for a few months. I was just wondering if you have UCAS points over here. i.e. if i wanted to do a degree over here could i use my ucas point or do you have another points system.

Cheers.

look at some of the university's websites the may be some help to you . And you have to have done irish , and french or german at second level over here and with english after all . its not like the uk universitys . But for the IT you only need english and the points again . also try www.QualifaX.ie the may be a side link for the english students i hope this helps .

No we don't have the UCAS here, but try www.cao.ie that’s what we have

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Nikkio237

Yep, I agree. Check the CAO website, then the college site. They might have a conversion chart. I know that UCAS.com has one for Leaving Cert points. If all else fails, go to the colleges themselves. If you're from outside the country I think most of the universities would waive the Irish requirement, too, but you might still need the 3rd European language. Good luck if you go for a course!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭carlowboy

Brooke01 wrote: »
    look at some of the university's websites the may be some help to you . And you have to have done irish , and french or german at second level over here and with english after all . its not like the uk universitys . But for the IT you only need english and the points again . also try www.QualifaX.ie the may be a side link for the english students i hope this helps .

No we don't have the UCAS here, but try www.cao.ie that’s what we have

Poor advice. A non-national doesn't have to learn irish if they're here after they turn like 12. Doubt the other language counts either as you don't have to do it for the A Levels.

Advertisement