Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Closing Co. Where to place Ad?

Options
  • 05-02-2008 10:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭

Hi,

Not sure if this is the right forum, but i'm hoping someone could point me in the right direction. I'm a director of a company that i'm now looking to have voluntarily struck off the registrar. I know all the documents I need, but am having difficulty in finding a cheap solution to the ad in the paper saying that the company has ceased trading.

Has anyone done this before, and if yes, with which paper do you get the cheapest rates? I'm getting quoted over €300, and am hoping to do it for a lot less than this.

Any advice, guidance or help appreciated.

Comments

Ask the company who is striking you off the register to reccomend the cheapest one, if they will allow it in the sun, do it in the sun...

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭alowe

Thanks, I'll suss out the cost in the sun.

Its the CRO that will be striking us off, and they just say it has to be a daily national newspaper - and they recommend the irish indo!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,634 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

alowe wrote: »
    Hi,

Not sure if this is the right forum, but i'm hoping someone could point me in the right direction. I'm a director of a company that i'm now looking to have voluntarily struck off the registrar. I know all the documents I need, but am having difficulty in finding a cheap solution to the ad in the paper saying that the company has ceased trading.

Has anyone done this before, and if yes, with which paper do you get the cheapest rates? I'm getting quoted over €300, and am hoping to do it for a lot less than this.

Any advice, guidance or help appreciated.

Have you tried the Irish Examiner, when i did it, they were the cheapest...

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭alowe

Have you tried the Irish Examiner, when i did it, they were the cheapest...

Just tried them, and while they're slightly cheaper, its still €250 + vat. I think I just have to swallow the cost, and be glad that the headache of running a buisness is over with!

Thanks for the advice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 RegB

I have heard people have placed ads in some of the tabloids or the evening hearld, you just have to be careful that the newspaper is circulated in the locality of the company's registered office

• Advertisement
Advertisement