Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Perfume

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

i really love diesel- fuel for life unlimited. i used to be a huge fan of perfumes with rose oil in them but i don't think they wear all that well after a few hours on the skin.
    i used to wear "happy" but my dad bought the male version so thats a no go from now on

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

My signature smell is Paco Rabonne's Ultraviolet....I adore that stuff. I'll be onto my third bottle soon.

Also bought Nina Ricci (red bottle, not the pink one) in duty free last year, wouldn't wear it everyday, not 100% on it but it's still nice during the day.

What I really want for christmas, well some christmas, is the Victor and Rolf's Flowerbomb...fabulous!!

I got a bottle in The body shop last year, Rougberry it's called, it was an MTV/World Aids Awareness product, but it smells fantastic. Almost out tho now and i'm gutted:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭embee

It's not perfume technically, but I was in Boots yesterday buying smellies for him indoors - love the Calvin Klein Truth for Men. They also had bottles of the classic CK one for twenty quid, but I'm a touch bored of it.

You know what's gross though? That Sean John Unforgivable... it smells like cats wee :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭LeahBaby

fendi-fantasia is gorgeous.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

l'eau d'snyper.

just a tip from snyper.

If you wear perfume, the lighter the better.

If you cover yourself in it like some women do its very off putting and some guys (me) think you're covering up some thing.

Nice light scent is teh sexy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭twanda

My favourites are
    Givenchy - Hot Couture
    Dior - Addict (The original one)
    Gucci - Envy me
    Angel
    Ghost (the original one)
    And the first perfume that Britney Spears endorsed is very nice. I bought one for my younger sister for xmas but when I got a sniff of it I went straight back and got another for myself :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭Unaton

Hermes - Eu de Marvailles (spelling?)

Anyone has any suggestions on perfumes for a guy? Looking for a pressie for the bf :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭daosulli

TG001 wrote: »
    My perfume collection currently consists of..

Armani White

[/B]Adore them all....:D

That white Armani is Yummy

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭NewFrockTuesday

http://images.condenastinteractive.co.uk/cgi-bin/GPAOnline2/id/706878/Class/ShowsLarge/MarkupName/Stylefinder%20Item/v/o/706878.jpg

On my shelf at the mo -

Vivienne Westwood - Boudior.

Chanel - Allure

Valentino - Rock'n'Rose

Elizabeth Arden - Red Door & Splendour

L'Occitane - Fleurs de Ceriser

Chanel - Mme Coco

Marc Jacobs - Daisy

Issy Miake

Think thats it. I have about three white musk oils from the Body Shop. Lovelovelove! I use it in my hair.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Currently wearing Lancome's Hypnose, was not impressed to walk into a high street store yesterday and see it retailing at $120!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭metrovelvet

Are you talking Australian dollars? I did a conversion on this and the Merrils you mentioned on the shoe thread from Aus dolls into US dolls and all I can say is damn Australia is expensive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭allabouteve

Are you talking Australian dollars? I did a conversion on this and the Merrils you mentioned on the shoe thread from Aus dolls into US dolls and all I can say is damn Australia is expensive.

Its pretty expensive for some items alright - but I do think that must have been a larger size bottle. I wear Hypnose myself and I don't remember paying quite that much!

Oh, yes, I'm in Oz!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭KateF

daosulli wrote: »
    That white Armani is Yummy

Yeah Armani on men is hot!

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭karma403

I adore Black XS by paco rabane. I think it appeals so much to me because I have a poor sense of smell. My bottle is nearly finished now :(

Also like euphoria and lancome's hypnose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭somethingwitty

Yeah I'd think a lot of guys would like a perfume with a hint of musk cause it would probably remind them of mammy...

My personal favourites are Coco Chanel Madamoiselle and Cynthia Rowley Flowers (Avon, its absolutly gorgeous:D).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭smileysurfer

At the moment im loving my Rock N Rose by Valentino! Its so yummy!!!
    Another few favourites are J Lo Glow , its so fresh and clean smelling!!
    Also Armani remix for women :) Britney Spears Believe is lovely!
    And you cant beat Princess by Vera Wang! Gorgeous Bottle too!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,274 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Miss Dior Cherie - YUUM!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

I dislike a lot of perfumes actually.

But I use Romance by Ralph Lauren, I think it's nice

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

I really like a cheapie perfume I picked up in Next, called Cashmere.

In Harrods I was at the Thierry Mugler stand and they had Harrods exclusive perfumes. I can't remember the name of the one I loved, but I'd know it anywhere. I'm so sorry I didn't buy it, but it was over £100 - before the pound dropped in value. I couldn't justify it!

I currently love:

Nina - Nina Ricci
    Curious In Control - Britney Spears
    Diamonds - Armani
    I Love Dior - Dior
    Deep Red - Hugo Boss
    Angel - Thierry Mugler
    Brit - Burberry
    The Beat - Burberry (I think it smells like Lush "American Cream")
    Plus Plus - Diesel
    Woman - Benneton
    LAMB - Gwen Stefani

Lots of sugar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

DKNY - Be Delicious - Green Apple of course!
    Hugo Boss - Deep Red
    DKNY - Woman
    Armani -Code
    Paco rabbane - Ultra Violet

oh and once i found Lacoste - touch of sunshine- yellow bottle , most beautiful smell ever! and now poof! Gone! Nowhere to be seen! mmm i must try teh t'internet.....*muses*

i too love the crisp fresh scented stuff!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭StroppySu

Sarah Jessica Parker 'Lovely'... mmmmmm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 930 ✭✭✭*giggles*

I just love all perfumes by Dior, especially Dior Addict and Dior Addict 2, although the former just doesn't seem to smell the same on everyone. I got it as a Christmas present and hated it on me, but I gave it to my sister and smells fantastic on her. Also, Ms. Dior Cherie and Pure Poison are favorites of mine. Chanel Chance Eau Fraiche and Coco Mademoiselle are gorgeous. DKNY Be Delicious, I smelled it in America and have loved it ever since. And last but not least, Paco Rabbane XS - DIVINE!
    Hope that helps,
    *giggles*

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭clones1980

My day perfume is Allure by Chanel and my night one is coco madamoiseille by Chanel

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭DancingDaisy

Currently wearing Escada, cos it's all light and summery!

Also wear Ghost, which is so pretty, and Issey Miyake, which is probably my favourite!

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭MonicaBing

Hugo Boss, fat round pink bottle, cant remember the title.
    Always, alway, always loved Chanel chance...
    Clinique....
    Gucci Envy...
    Am a self professed perfume whore:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Redpunto

I loved Elysium by Clarins but then they discontinued it :mad:

Im still trying to find a replacement, Im using amour by Kenzo at the mo.

Armani Code is nice as well

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭northern lights

Woman by Jasper Conran is my all time favourite, quite green and fresh smelling. it's the only perfume I've ever worn where I've had not just friends and work colleagues but also total strangers ask me what perfume I'm wearing.
    Don't know what I'll do if they ever stop making it :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭grind gremlin

Unaton wrote: »
    Hermes - Eu de Marvailles (spelling?)

Anyone has any suggestions on perfumes for a guy? Looking for a pressie for the bf :D

Allure for men is absolutely amazing!
    For myslef, i love

Thierry Mogler Alien (AMAZING!)
    Mark Jacobs Daisy
    JPG Classique
    Cirrutti 1881 / Cacharel Noa in the summer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 travel_bug

am a complete fragrance whore!! have 40 something bottles, and still can't pick a favourite!! but having worked in a duty free shop on a ship for 4 years might have something to do with the collection, all those testers and gifts from launches. can never have too many perfumes!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 travel_bug

Anyone has any suggestions on perfumes for a guy? Looking for a pressie for the bf :D[/quote]

i know it's a bit later than your post, but john varvatos (original), chanel allure sport, lacoste essential or givenchey pi, if you can find it!

Advertisement