Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Perfume

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,274 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Viktor and Rolf FLowerbomb is another lovely one ooh and Paco Rabbane - Ultra Violet - mmmmmm:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 446 ✭✭Lillylilly

Viktor and Rolf, Flowerbomb!!!
    I have honestly never loved a smell as much!!!
    I try to keep it for "special occasions" (pretty much every day I'm not in work!!) but even if I'm in a bad mood it cheers me up. I don't know anyone else who wears it either, so that's a bonus!!

Bought my boy Antidote, which is the Pour Homme Viktor and Rolf... also super yummy!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,274 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Lillylilly wrote: »
    I try to keep it for "special occasions" (pretty much every day I'm not in work!!) but even if I'm in a bad mood it cheers me up. I don't know anyone else who wears it either, so that's a bonus!!

Bought my boy Antidote, which is the Pour Homme Viktor and Rolf... also super yummy!!!

I said it cos i'm wearing it today!:D I had never smelt it up until i bought it 'for my mum' on the way back from the states last year and now i use it all the time.....hehe:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 ladyc

yes....anything chanel,no.5,allure,chance.well worth the investment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

Caroline Herrera "So Sexy" Chanel no 19 :-)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32 MissesMe

Dolce and Gabanna Light Blue is a really nice day perfume
    elle by YSL is another one, yum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

Nina - Nina Ricci.

CK1 - Calvin Klein.

CK IN 2 U - Calvin Klein.

Lacoste pour femme - Lacoste.

Daisy - Marc Jacobs.

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭idontknowmyname

It's been Chanel Chance for a long time! Love it, also got the Eau Fraiche version during the summer, really light and love the grapefruit smell. Also like Calvin Klein Euphoria as well.

If I had money to burn I'd buy Jo Malone Grapefruit- the normal bottle costs something ridiculous like €80!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭idontknowmyname

Oh Smelt Victor and Rolf when I was in duty free last so it's next on my hit list.....must hint to OH as my birthday approaches!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭NewFrockTuesday

Jo Malone Grapefruit

Agreed. Just discovered this. The Jo Malone counter is a dangerous place to be come payday.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭chocgirl

Absolutely love flowerbomb wear it all the time, used chanel chance for ages but got tired of it it's too popular now

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

travel_bug wrote: »
    Anyone has any suggestions on perfumes for a guy? Looking for a pressie for the bf :D

Hi travel bug looking to buy the o/h perfume so just getting ideas myself from here. but tbh ifyou truly want to know what perfum e to buy for a guy its sim as a girl

1. Try buy one thats unique to him ie not necessarilary popular so you will only smell it on him and a few others

2. One you both love

Sounds obv but you would be amazed how many go branded!

My per)sonel fav at the moment is Prada aftershave and balm (2 seperate bottles

I would also buy the balm that comes with it if you can. It creates a lovely feeling on your face after shaving

My o/h buys me big bottles cause she sprays it on her pillow at night when I am away( How could you not love that)

If you really want to give him a good feeling buy him a cheap bootle for wearing around like old spice or lynx and the dear one for wearing out.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Papillon87

Lillylilly wrote: »

Haha, same! My Mum started wearing this a couple of years ago (before this she was devoted to about 3/4 different scents which she wore in rotation) and I went to buy her a bottle for her birthday.....and now we both wear it! It's utterly delicious, so luscious and creamy or something. Very expensive though (my current bottle's nearly gone :( ) so I try to do the whole "saving" it for evening wear etc. too. Wearing Coco Mademoiselle during the day at the moment-- light, feminine without being cloying. Jo Malone has gorgeous scents too, my Mum got some a while ago with a voucher......in fact everything at Jo Malone is gorgeous, but it's all so dear I come away lashing myself if I buy anything there!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭shezzie

love

- First by van cleef and arpel
    -l'air du temps
    - coco chanel
    - rapture by victoria secret
    -

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

Really like the new Chloe one....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Elle Victorine

Always been Clinique Happy, Miracle and Hypnose.

However they're now too strong for me and I have no idea what to change to :p

• Registered Users Posts: 22,237 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Thread just popped up on New Posts. Anyway...
    cAr0l wrote: »
    At the moment I'm liking Flowers by Kenzo, and Valentino.
    And my classics (the ones I have worn for over 10 years or so) are Contradicton and 5ht Avenue
    Nice typo! :D

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭miss no stars

Davidoff - Cool water

Been wearing that since I was about 12 and have yet to buy myself a bottle as everyone keeps giving me presents of it :D big bottles too

Also like a lot of the Jo Malone perfumes
    Lavander and something is nice, as is mandrain and basil or whatever that one is (yes, I pay lots of attention to what's written on the bottle hehe) but my favourite Jo Malone would be the grapefruitey one

Got a present of a Kate moss one for christmas along with body lotion. It's a kinda musky one in a really pretty bottle. Liked it at the time, not so sure about it now. The musk is making me choke and the scent has now made me feel a little sick :(

Also have used some burberry one (which is nice, but I hated myself for liking it because it was when burberry was at the height of chavvyness)

and OH THE SHAME I have a bottle of celine dion's perfume at home. It's nice. Ish. Ok I like it but meh.

Still, can't beat good old Davidoff Cool water for woman :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 travel_bug

Hi travel bug looking to buy the o/h perfume so just getting ideas myself from here. but tbh ifyou truly want to know what perfum e to buy for a guy its sim as a girl

1. Try buy one thats unique to him ie not necessarilary popular so you will only smell it on him and a few others

2. One you both love

Sounds obv but you would be amazed how many go branded!

My per)sonel fav at the moment is Prada aftershave and balm (2 seperate bottles

I would also buy the balm that comes with it if you can. It creates a lovely feeling on your face after shaving

My o/h buys me big bottles cause she sprays it on her pillow at night when I am away( How could you not love that)

If you really want to give him a good feeling buy him a cheap bootle for wearing around like old spice or lynx and the dear one for wearing out.

wasn't me looking for advice, was replying to someone else's post. was just giving a couple of suggestions of ones i like!

but then again, not all fragrance smells the same on everyone. so it is hard to reccomend one for someone else, as it might smell fab on one person and minging on another as your bodu chemistry affects the fragrance.

and wouldn't exactly class lynx or old spice as fragrances!! no harm in smelling good all the time.and it's not about going "branded" it's about ones that smell good, and a lot of the best smelling ones tend to be branded

Advertisement