Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eircom E-mail Problems

• 05-02-2008 12:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭

Having problems with Eircom e-mail. Using WinXP and Outlook. When I test account I get error message of "server found but no response" for both incoming and outgoing. When I ping mail1.eircom.net I get "request timed out".
    Is it me or Eircom? Anyone else having problems? The ping issue makes me think its Eircom.
    But, in maybe another issue altogether (and I know the ping isn't related to my account) I wonder if anyone knows just how Eircom "works" its e-mail accounts. I had, years ago, an Eircom dial up account and have long since switched to wireless broadband. But I kept my name@eircom.net e-mail account as it was the one that most people knew. Seemingly there is no charge to keep an Eircom e-mail account. Will they keep it for me forever or should I think about migrating?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭Username!

Eircom aren't saying much but there has definately been timeout issues with mail1.eircom.net lately.

Try pinging mail2.eircom.net and then if you get replies, change your servers in Outlook.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭PhotogTom

Thanks for the suggestion but I get same results "Request timed out". Sounds like it is an Eircom problem all right? Guess I'll just have to keep checking.

I've turned off my firewall and antivirus. Did not help. I can ping other sites - just not Eircom.
    I've cross posted on the Nets and Comms board so I apologize if you've read this twice.
    The Eircom ping was tested twice at ping mail1.eircom.net and both people had no problem.
    Any idea why I can't ping Eircom (even though I can ping other sites) and why I can't get Outlook to pick up my e-mail?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

It's not your end, my uncle was having the same problem last week, it resolved itself within 24 hours or so.

Well, just a report, but according to a tech guy I talked to - he's had several complaints about not getting Eircom e-mail. The common thread is that his customers, as I do, all use FWI wireless broadband. Apparently there is some sort of block between the two networks.
    I'll see if anyone else knows anything about it on the broadband boards.

• Advertisement
Advertisement