Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lent

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭Baudelaire

LouOB wrote: »
    ahh thats the way to go
    picture scene - coffin with cadbury bar wrapper still clenched in hand
    brill

Coffin my arse, at this rate they'll need a fork lift and a crate :D

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Rogueish

:( I'm giving up all caffeinated products. No cola, no coffee and I don't drink tea so no loss.

I think that I'm gonna give up sweets too...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭Baudelaire

Rogueish wrote: »
    :( I'm giving up all caffeinated products. No cola, no coffee and I don't drink tea so no loss.

I think that I'm gonna give up sweets too...

No chocolate too? :eek::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

Coca cola....:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭LouOB

Would kill for a giant cookie from M&S from the bakery
    Still warm - ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Oh and it is spot a practicing catholic day.

I am going to try giving up christain bashing, it will be hard esp considering all the fundies out there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭geminilady

im going to give up chocolate,sweets and biscuits and maybe only watch tv on the weekends but im still deciding that one. Oh its going to be a hard 40 days!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Day one in no hot chocolate land: Watna did not have her 10am hot chocolate. However this is because I had a crushing migraine and left work at 12.30. A connection...... hmm, let's wait and see.

Only 39 more days to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

My family tried to make me give up the internet :eek:

I told them I'd rather starve, so I'm giving up chocolate and drink.

And, I even went to mass this morning! (even though I was dragged but sssh)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

Thaedydal wrote: »
    Oh and it is spot a practicing catholic day.

I am going to try giving up christain bashing, it will be hard esp considering all the fundies out there.

ha, my b/f has never heard of pancake tuesday or lent... he thought i was going all psycho catholic on him when i mentioned i was gonna keep the healthy eating thing up specifically for lent.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭DJ_Spider

I'm giving up lent!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,258 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

LouOB wrote: »
    What you giving up?
    Or would love to give up but cant.
    Men? Naaaaaa, maybe I'll give up on something easier...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭DJ_Spider

Give up giving up! LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Allison91

never!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Day 2 in no hot chocolate land: It's coming up to 10am, my hot chocolate time. I really really want to run out and get one but I think i can resist...for today?

Cathoo.. Did you have a coffee yet? I MUST BEAT YOU!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

watna wrote: »
    Day 2 in no hot chocolate land: It's coming up to 10am, my hot chocolate time. I really really want to run out and get one but I think i can resist...for today?

Cathoo.. Did you have a coffee yet? I MUST BEAT YOU!!

Nope I havent caved yet but I'm seriously missing it, I've had a headache both mornings til I have my usual 11 o'clock tea, I'm cold and a bit cranky too!

But I'll beat you, mark my words, mwahahahaaa!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭LouOB

Going through major M&S withdrawal symthoms - love those swiss roll cakes (rhubarb & custurd - strawberry jam & cream. Two cake for 4yo) Could not sleep last night, sweats n all
    Glad I didnt cave though - only another ...... AHHH 38DAYS (deep breaths, head between legs, breath in & out, ahh the sweet sugar)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭charba

I'm so proud no refined sugar or shopping yet :) Going home at the weekend to my sisters who are devils for junk. And to boot I have a 7 hour trip during which I usually have some chocolate. *sigh*

Advertisement