Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Vehicle replacement while van in shop

Options
  • 05-02-2008 1:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭

Friend of mine bought an '06 Opel Combo van back in October. There was a recall on the van for something to be replaced so he dropped it back to an Opel garage last week. He was told before he dropped it there he would be getting a replacement vehicle but when he got there they told him they had nothing available. Anyway its 1 week later and still no sign of the van being fixed yet.
    Just wondering if he's entitled to claim any compensation (he did take 2 half days to drop the car to the garage and then when he went back to pick it up a day later and was told it wasnt ready) or for taxis for work or anything.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

I'd start by ringing Opel Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

Opel wont want to know since their policy is that they do not give loan vehicles under any circumstances. Sometimes they break their own rules but it would take some leverage in the form of an irate sales manager !

I would talk to the guy you bought it from, though you perhaps should have thought of this, or a similar scenario when doing the deal.

Taxi's are on their own !

Be aware that most commercial vehicle policies prevent the use of a passenger car on the policy.

Time to start screaming at the salesman !

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Cork Exile

Cheers Mercman,

I said that to him earlier today, about giving the dealer a shout about it. So will just have to see what the dealer's reply will be.

Advertisement