Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Champix - after the course?

Options
  • 05-02-2008 1:10pm

I'm currently taking Champix which I find brilliant by the way, but just wondering if anyone out there has finished a course (supposed to be 12 weeks)...

-Do cravings get strong again?
    -Any other effects after stopping the tablets like sleep effects etc?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭SMK

Hi,

I arranged with my doctor that I would ween off the tablets gradually so I was probably on them for about 16 weeks from the time I stopped smoking and at the end I was taking .5mg every second day! There was probably no need to take so long to ween off them. If I remember correctly the course does allow a two week period at the end where you reduce the dose. I did notice an increase in cravings when I went to .5mg once a day. It could well have been all in the mind cos I was getting so nervous coming near the end of the dose that I would smoke again that I was thinking about it all the time!! But within a week of stopping the tablets I was fine. I still get cravings occasionally but I haven't even considered having a cigarette. I didn't notice any side effects after stopping the tablets but I did notice I was sleeping a lot better. Next week, I'll be off the cigarettes 10 months!! Best of luck

cheers for your opinion - and well done on the 10 months....

Advertisement