Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

England vs ireland U21

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭dc69

MrJoeSoap wrote: »
    Anything else you are basing this on? He set the Championship on fire at age 17.

in the last 2 seasons he has made 79 appearances for arsenal and has scored 9 goals,this is also the same player that said

"It has been frustrating not to be playing up front, as I believe I will end up as a striker. The boss seems to think that way, too."

maybe i am being harsh but i definitely dont think his age should affect him,he is playing in the youngest team in the premiership under a manager where he should be flourashing.he is 18,he aint a kid anymore and i personally dont think his hype is justified.maybe you can wait 2 years when he is scoring 25 goals a season and you can resurect this thread but i dont see that happening.

nicklas bendtner imo looks like a very good prospect and every time i see him i am impressed,why isnt he hyped as much?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

dc69 wrote: »
    in the last 2 seasons he has made 79 appearances for arsenal and has scored 9 goals,this is also the same player that said

"It has been frustrating not to be playing up front, as I believe I will end up as a striker. The boss seems to think that way, too."

maybe i am being harsh but i definitely dont think his age should affect him,he is playing in the youngest team in the premiership under a manager where he should be flourashing.he is 18,he aint a kid anymore and i personally dont think his hype is justified.maybe you can wait 2 years when he is scoring 25 goals a season and you can resurect this thread but i dont see that happening.

nicklas bendtner imo looks like a very good prospect and every time i see him i am impressed,why isnt he hyped as much?

I honestly believe Theo will make it at Arsenal sometimes people expect far too much from players so early on, yes Theo has made 79 appearances, how many as sub, he will come good, as you say could be two years but he will come good and it will be at Arsenal.

As for hype, Bendtner is not English so Theo is bound to get more coverage and hype, it would be no different with an Irish player here and our media.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

eirebhoy wrote: »

There's more excitement in that clip than there was in the entire last campaign.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭podge018

anybody know why the irish team wore black armbands last night?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

podge018 wrote: »
    anybody know why the irish team wore black armbands last night?
    Munich maybe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,082 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

DesF wrote: »
    Munich maybe?

thats what i thought too at the time, but the english players didn't have them, only the Irish.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Evil_Clown

Sky Sports said they wore black armbands as a mark of respect for a bereavement in the family of one of the players
    Can't remember the players name though

Good performance by the lads last night even with such a poor result, Zinedine Garvan can be our new man when Zinedine Kilbane retires :D

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭tetsujin1979

The black armbands were a mark of respect for Darron Gibson, who had to pull out of the squad due to a death in his family

• Advertisement

McCaffrey:

"Owen Garvan's doing very well.

"He has a terrific football brain and is very aware of what is going on. He has terrific vision and a great range of passing.

"He has a chance, he's at a club where he has developed when he has been given a opportunity to play. That's crucial. He definitely a player that has the ability to go on."

"It was a positive experience.

"A lot of players did well. I was pleased with Darren O'Dea and Stephen Quinn was excellent in the middle of the park.

"If we had of taken our chance it may have been different. I don't think Adam Rooney was offside either and although it was 2-0 at the time it could have swung the game and put more pressure on them."

Found this from Garvan a couple of weeks ago:
    http://www.4shared.com/file/37045503/474e7ebb/garv.html

He didn't even seem to look to see the player coming. What a pass with his "bad" foot too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

eirebhoy wrote: »
    Found this from Garvan a couple of weeks ago:
    http://www.4shared.com/file/37045503/474e7ebb/garv.html

He didn't even seem to look to see the player coming. What a pass with his "bad" foot too.

Jaysus. That is mighty impressive.

Advertisement