Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Outlook 2003 and Mcafee problem

• 05-02-2008 1:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I'm facing this error when I open outlook 2003 it pops up with this alert .
    I got windows xp SP2 ,office 2003 fully updatd,
    Mcafee : product version 4.5.0.464 - patch 002
    Firewall version =8.2.12.0
    Error message is :

"The add-in "c:\program files\McAfee\Managed Virus Scan\VScan\ScanOTLK..200..."Could not be installed or loaded. This
    problem may be resolved by using Detect and Repair on the Help Menu."
    I did detect and repair , but still problem exist.

Thanks

Comments

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Moved from Open Source.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 lucky7

I can't move to open source , This problem happening at work.

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

No, it's[the thread] been moved from the open source forum to the windows forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭Username!

Reinstall McAfee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

If its happening at work, get onto your IT department. Better to let them sort it out.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

yeah let your IT dept look at it - do not disable if they set it up to scan

it's somewhere around
    tools - options - ( 4th or 5th tab) - advanced - addins or com addins and unclick the box

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 598 ✭✭✭DannyBuoy

Rename this file from extend.dat to extend.datold while Outlook is closed. Then reopen Outlook. A good version of the file will be recreated.

C:\Documents and Settings\XXuser.nameXX\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\Extend.dat

Advertisement