Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Trich"

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Haro84

thanks for your reply trinity, i dont no about your case, but i feel trich is all in our heads, i do think its something in our brain that makes our hand reach up. i would think its something we'll have to put up with all our lives, unless we find a way to de-stress. Ive downloaded documents from websites, saying beat trich in 60 mins etc etc, obviously written by someone who hasn't a clue about trich. I do think its a silly habit, and for me i dont think there is an underlying cause, but i could be wrong. just my opinion on it all! :confused: Let me know how your therapy goes, if it helps, i might consider it :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Messed Up Mind

I myself have suffered from Trichotillomania for years. I used to do it when I was little in small bouts but stopped again until I was 11 and have been doing it ever since. I pull out from everywhere but pull mostly from my eyelashes and eyebrows. I have pulled them out so much that at 21 I have no eyelashes or eyebrows. I have let myself have such little enjoyment from life and have held back a lot because of this. I haven't gone swimming in years even though I used to train in swimming, I haven't had a hair cut in two years, I had to cut a big thick fringe in my hair so no one can see my lack of eyebrows, I have to wear hats during the summer even if I'm sweating because of the wind. I've let a lot of opportunities pass me by because of trichtillomania. I spend a good half an hour getting ready every morning as my hair has to be styled a certain way to hide my Trich and I have to apply eyeliner very carefully. I also carry a small mirror around with me so that I can fix my hair or eyeliner when it needs it.

I first discovered that I had Trichotillomania when I was reading a book about a drug addict. When she was on drugs she would pluck her hair from her legs with a tweezers digging so deep that she would cut her skin. I read everything about it that I could find after that and tried my hardest to find a way that I could stop this. I printed out some of the information and showed my mam so she would gain an understanding of the affect the trichotillomania had on me. She never read the information.

I remember the day that my mam found out about it. I wear a tonne of eyeliner so no one can see my lack of eyelashes. This particular day I was on holidays and it was very warm so my eyeliner fell off so to speak. My mam noticed my lack of eyelashes and laughed at me and I just felt like a freak. We used to constantly argue about it. I wanted to seek help for it and after a year or so of pestering she brought me to see my GP. Unfortunately my GP made me feel like even more of a freak and I was fobbed off for years because he didn't see it as a 'serious' enough condition. He too laughed at me. Eventually he sent to to my local Mental Health Clinic. The first time I went I was given an hour long assessment. They tried to get down to the deepest level of everything that had happened in my life and what could have psychologically triggered my trichotillomania but nothing of any significance could have triggered it.

I had to go back to them every six weeks or so to be further assessed. They offered me depression medication but as I had just started a college course, I didn't want to go on them as they made you very drowsy and were also noted to lower your concentration. I stopped going to the Mental Health Clinic because all they offered me was medication and no actual help. Medication certainly isn't the answer.

I have suffered for years with this and have been feeling really low about my trich lately. I'm really glad to know that I am not the only one with Trich in Ireland.

messed up mind, i no where your coming from. Doctors cannot help with medication in my opinion, and i dont think, with my case anyway, that my Trich is coming from some sort of childhood drama. Iv had a normal / happy upbringing. Im 24 now, bought a house and live with my partner. Im happy, but still pull. Its so frustrating-I too carry a small brush, mirror
    and eye shadow with me, everywhere i go, to draw in my eyebrows. Last year was my worst year out of all the years iv pulled. I Was at my lowest. I had to tell my partner, and he really helped me, anytime he saw me raise my hand up he'd say, leave ur hair alone, and he texts me during the day, while im in work to remind me. From reading your comment, you dont seem to pull your head hair? Just facial hair? But to help me along, i started taking Viviscal MAximum strength tablets, and there great for hair re growth, on your head anyway, takes around 4 or 5 months to see results, but my hair has grown back thicker and longer. Its hard though coz im still pulling, which defeats the purpose of takin tablets but im stil taking them. I hope to one day have a full head of hair, i havnt got my hair cut in years and years and havn't wore my hair down ever, always tied up. depressing! Shur life must go on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭Trinity

Haro84 wrote: »
    messed up mind, i no where your coming from. Doctors cannot help with medication in my opinion, and i dont think, with my case anyway, that my Trich is coming from some sort of childhood drama. Iv had a normal / happy upbringing. Im 24 now, bought a house and live with my partner. Im happy, but still pull. Its so frustrating-I too carry a small brush, mirror
    and eye shadow with me, everywhere i go, to draw in my eyebrows. Last year was my worst year out of all the years iv pulled. I Was at my lowest. I had to tell my partner, and he really helped me, anytime he saw me raise my hand up he'd say, leave ur hair alone, and he texts me during the day, while im in work to remind me. From reading your comment, you dont seem to pull your head hair? Just facial hair? But to help me along, i started taking Viviscal MAximum strength tablets, and there great for hair re growth, on your head anyway, takes around 4 or 5 months to see results, but my hair has grown back thicker and longer. Its hard though coz im still pulling, which defeats the purpose of takin tablets but im stil taking them. I hope to one day have a full head of hair, i havnt got my hair cut in years and years and havn't wore my hair down ever, always tied up. depressing! Shur life must go on!

Hi guys

I'm at mine worse than ever and no idea why. I got hair extensions a couple of months ago and i felt like rapunzel :D

Got 2 weeks out of them but wasnt really pulling just playing but was enough to do the damage. Waste of almost 400 quid but now i am at my own hair non stop. Just looking at a pile on the floor here i managed to pull while on the phone booking a clown for my kids christening :eek:

Currently wearing clip in extensions but starting to get the aul patches now so its getting harder and harder to cover up.

Went into a different hairdressers last week and was mortified when they were looking at my hair picking it up and looking at all the short and broken bits, ended up not making an appointement.

If you could afford the extensions its good practice cos either 2 things can happen. You will look fab with your neew crowning glory you have not had for years and wont want to touch them and because you paid so much for them also, you will find yourself stopping yourself from pulling!! I find when my hair looks well i am more conscious when my hand goes up to pull but when its already in bits you begin not to care to a certain extent. I know i just said i ruined my extensions but what happened first was i dried them with heat and they got all singed and ruined and thats when i started playing with them but i didnt touch them before that when they looked fab!

Or you might still pull but your own hair will still be saved as its the extensions you are pulling.

Eyelashes will grow back. I used black liquid eyeliner to cover my lack of eyelashes and havent stopped using it even though they grew back. It hides it very well and wont rub off easily like pencil. Lots of people pencil on their eyebrows. I would love to get them tatooed on but cant stand the pain :o

I recently bought stuff off ebay meant to grow your eyebrows back but i never used it.

I am going to try those tablets you mentioned Haro.

yea, trinity1 try them tablets, though as my partner said, there's no use buying them, then pulling your hair out. I must be on the Viviscal MAx strength for 1 +1/2 years now, it does work, takes 3 - 4 months to see results. Now my hair was in such a state this time last year, its only getting back to normality now, coz i keep pulling. Im tired of not been able to go hairdressers, or beauticians, and having to wear my hair up all the time is half my problem, im trying to cover my patches but all the clips i wear irritate my scalp & i pull from them areas then. No win situation. I dont no ur age, but I used to pull when i was studying for exams, was my worst time, boredom too is a terrible thing. I feel u have to keep ur mind active, and hands, anything but pull !!! Does anybody around you, friends/family know about this?

• Advertisement

yea, trinity1 try them tablets, though as my partner said, there's no use buying them, then pulling your hair out. I must be on the Viviscal MAx strength for 1 +1/2 years now, it does work, takes 3 - 4 months to see results. Now my hair was in such a state this time last year, its only getting back to normality now, coz i keep pulling. Im tired of not been able to go hairdressers, or beauticians, and having to wear my hair up all the time is half my problem, im trying to cover my patches but all the clips i wear irritate my scalp & i pull from them areas then. No win situation. I dont no ur age, but I used to pull when i was studying for exams, was my worst time, boredom too is a terrible thing. I feel u have to keep ur mind active, and hands, anything but pull !!! Does anybody around you, friends/family know about this?

I'm 33 Haro. Been pulling since i was 17 i think possibly 18. As i said it started when i was in a bad relationship.

Everyone knows about it its not something i can hide, family especially always say you had such a beautiful head of hair and everyone is always giving out and everyone is always telling me to stop. SOmetimes i get annoyed at them but i know they mean well.

I have 2 kids, not much time to be bored but i do it when on the phone a lot for some reason!

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Interesting to see this topic, and to see others talking about it. It’s only been in the last few months that I’ve realised this is a condition rather than a silly habit i can’ break.

I’ve had a problem of playing with (pulling) my hair for years now - mainly at the areas down below my ear, and just above it. I only really remember first noticing it during uni when i was studying for exams. It was actually quiet chronic during my finals, and I had these big bald patches at the back of my head below my ear (and the headaches!!). I had to start wearing a hat just to stop myself. I still have some pictures of that period and its pretty nuts to see. Thankfully it’s never been quiet so bad since. But it is such a sub-conscience thing, and I found it nigh on impossible to stop.

I’ve had to deal with it in various degrees throughout all of my twenties, it mainly occurs at its most vigorous when I have to say, write a report at work, or do something that requires analytical thought coupled with pressure or anxiety. Or simply when i’m stressed. Although in the last few years i’ve managed to more sort of ‘comb’ or ‘groom’ at my hair rather than pull at it. So I have less bald patches than I used to, which makes me a lot less self-conscience about it. To me it was just something that annoyed me more so than something I would get overly down about (although at times I would get very frustrated at the feeling of hopeless in trying to stop it).

But it is a genetic condition, something hard wired into people. My younger sister does it also. So I feel it’s something that you have to learn to live with, it’s not simply a habit as i though it was for years. It’s something you have to do your best to control/prevent, though learning to deal with the stress/anxiety/pressure/associations that act as triggers. And also learn mitigate though trying to learn to do in less destructive ways (i.e. lessen the bald spots though more passive stroking or comb rather than pulling), and though the use of things like stress balls, etc. when you know you are going to be doing something that will inevitably lead to you reach towards your hair. I have thought about trying hypnosis or cognitive therapy. Both could help in their own ways.

Although it’s not something that would get me depressed (well at times it used to get me pretty down. I would be pretty frustrated at myself for not having the ability to “fvcking stop doing that!!”), I could see how it would be for some, especially the bald patches that go with it a lot of the time and the sheer frustration. But its something you've got to learn to embrace, and learn to live with - I'd say that support group could be good.

Just remember its genetic, much like a big nose or a musical ear. Its nothing to be ashamed off or embarrised about. Sure it sucks, but there's also worse things you could have.

Trichy_lad, the exact same thing happened to me a month ago, i googled how long it takes for eyebrows to grow back, and found out it's an actual condition, i really thought I just had a bad habit.

I'm 17 and have only been doing it two years, but to the extent that half of my left eyebrow hardly grows back anymore because i've damaged the folicle... :(

I definitely don't have it as badly as other people in this thread as i only pull my eyebrows, but find it very difficult to go out and stuff, i have to completely draw my eyebrows on and it always rubs off, i'm so self conscious. In class i can see my teachers watching me because i'm pulling and its so embarrassing but I actually can't stop..

Does anyone have a suggestion as to what i can do? I want to stop this now so it doesn't develop worse or continue on til old age!!

Hi All,

i see this thread has had 3006 views. I didn't think i would get that
    many responses, considering I thouht i was the only one with this condition.

Did anyone try going to Therapy / Hypnosis, or taking the
    viviscal tablets? Anything help for anybody?

hi Trinity. i havnt been on this in a good while. How are u these days?

• Advertisement

hi Trinity. i havnt been on this in a good while. How are u these days?

Hey

Still pulling :p

Still pulling here too. I'm just about to go down to the shops to buy fake nails. I bite mine like demon and I'm not a girly girl so always get slagged for wearing them, but they're absolutely amazing at preventing me from pulling my hair out! It's either that or wearing plasters on my fingers!

Just finished college so I'm at home unemployed. Using exercise and dieting to try and distract myself from pulling! They're much better than they were in May and I've lost a bit of weight to boot. Woo. Still think a job might help a bit more but sure it's a work in progress.

Haro, haven't tried Viviscal. Don't know if it'd help with my face hair as I don't really pull from my head - only sometimes.

How's everyone else getting on?

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭TigerIsa

Hi All,

i see this thread has had 3006 views. I didn't think i would get that
    many responses, considering I thouht i was the only one with this condition.

Did anyone try going to Therapy / Hypnosis, or taking the
    viviscal tablets? Anything help for anybody?

I thought i was the only one too!
    Does viviscal only work on your head? Not facial hair?
    Would love some eyebrows :P That's such a weird sentence haha...

How have you been doing Haro84? Read through all your posts on this and would love to know how you're getting on with it.
    I'm only 17, have been pulling for 3 years but like you had great childhood/upbringing etc so i'm at a loss!!

Still pulling here too. I'm just about to go down to the shops to buy fake nails. I bite mine like demon and I'm not a girly girl so always get slagged for wearing them, but they're absolutely amazing at preventing me from pulling my hair out! It's either that or wearing plasters on my fingers!

Fake nails work perfect for me too! Plasters, i just get laughed at (really doesn't help :() and it just makes me grab at any hair i can hold onto, if that makes sense - what i do is feel a specific hair and try get that one out, then the next, reesulting in 15+ hairs accidentally being taken out!

TigerIsa wrote: »
    what i do is feel a specific hair and try get that one out, then the next, reesulting in 15+ hairs accidentally being taken out!

Me too!

Fake nails work perfect for me too! Plasters, i just get laughed at (really doesn't help :()

Same here with the plasters, just feel even more subconscious, that is a great idea about the false nails! Must try them, although hope they arent too hard to mind/put on etc.

I posted here a year ago and am no better off..I got married recently and wasn't even able to let my eyebrows grow for that, i.e. kept plucking. Looked fine (i think) on the day with thin ones pencilled on but it got me thinking if i couldnt do it for my wedding day, when can i do it? My eyebrows have never got past the stubble stage cos i keep plucking so i dont even know if the full hairs will grow back, i really hope they will..

Ive put on weight recently as well which doesnt help matters but maybe another poster's idea about focusing on diet and excercise would help. My problem is i mostly start doing it subconciously and then cant stop until all my eyebrow hairs/stubble are gone:( I do it mostly when im studying, my final exams ever are over in a few weeks so hopefully that will make things easier, though there is still the problem when im on the laptop, watching tv etc. If i am ever feeling really bad, i would start plucking straightaway as stress relief but that rarely happens anymore (TG) so mostly its just habit.

Has anyone ever successfully tried hypnotherapy? Do you think you have to "believe" in hypnotherapy for it to work cos i would be pretty sceptical about that kindof thing!

I think this thread could really do with hearing from someone who's successfully battled this (please say its possible!!)

http://www.trich.org/treatment/resources-articles.html#success

There's lots of success stories here! Some are 'oh god helped me...' dunno if you're into that. Most are just plain Jane accepting or stopping.

How's everyone getting on? Is anyone trying to stop?

I've been pull free for 10 days now... Put on some mascara today (on my eyebrows too just to thicken them up!) and felt like a pretty lady... It's weird but I absolutely love it. I'm still wearing the fake nails and it's working. The moment one falls off or comes off I have to glue it back on. I can see progress happening and I don't want to fall off the wagon. I'm trying to retrain my brain so if I feel my hands going towards my face I sit on them or send a text or do something to try and make myself aware of what's happening. The nails mean that I can't physically pull if I do reach my face.

Also, putting olive oil on the area where you're hoping to grow hair is supposed to help. It has to be super clean and you only need a small bit. I've started to put it on my eyebrows and it's helping a little bit.

I'm gonna treat myself to an eyelash curler and a professional haircut once I get these bad boys sorted. I'm tired of having a fringe and wearing hats and hiding. Who wants to hide all their life?

trichy wrote: »
    I posted here a year ago and am no better off..I got married recently and wasn't even able to let my eyebrows grow for that, i.e. kept plucking. Looked fine (i think) on the day with thin ones pencilled on but it got me thinking if i couldnt do it for my wedding day, when can i do it? My eyebrows have never got past the stubble stage cos i keep plucking so i dont even know if the full hairs will grow back, i really hope they will..

Ive put on weight recently as well which doesnt help matters but maybe another poster's idea about focusing on diet and excercise would help. My problem is i mostly start doing it subconciously and then cant stop until all my eyebrow hairs/stubble are gone:( I do it mostly when im studying, my final exams ever are over in a few weeks so hopefully that will make things easier, though there is still the problem when im on the laptop, watching tv etc. If i am ever feeling really bad, i would start plucking straightaway as stress relief but that rarely happens anymore (TG) so mostly its just habit.

Has anyone ever successfully tried hypnotherapy? Do you think you have to "believe" in hypnotherapy for it to work cos i would be pretty sceptical about that kindof thing!

I think this thread could really do with hearing from someone who's successfully battled this (please say its possible!!)

Congratulations on getting married! I think maybe that with the wedding and everything you had a lot more on your mind, maybe a bit stressed so maybe it wasn't the ideal time to try stopping?
    Just my opinion, because I know when I'm trying to achieve something else at the same times it fails horribly eg been trying to lose weight, i comfort eat, but trying that while trying to stop pulling is a nightmare because i've set myself too hard of a goal if that makes sense?
    Focusing on diet and exercise didn't help me is what i was getting at there anyway!

How long have you been pulling? I have for maybe 3 years, serial puller with my eyebrows and the end part of my eyebrow doesnt grow anymore, have damaged the folicle so doesnt even get to the stubble stage, i'd say that if you could leave yours it would be back to normal because where i do get stubble it grows back, which it has done before (kinda success story?!) when i was PULL-FREE(!) for 6 months. But then i started again with exams, same as you. I don't know if it is possible, for me anyway, because any time i've stopped, i always go back :(

So sorry for the extreeemely long post, but i don't have anyone to talk to about this my friends & family give out and just say stop doing it then if you hate it - its so nice to let all this out and for people to agree and offer proper advice thank you :)

http://www.trich.org/treatment/resources-articles.html#success

There's lots of success stories here! Some are 'oh god helped me...' dunno if you're into that. Most are just plain Jane accepting or stopping.

Thanks - i must check those stories out!
    ]I'm trying to retrain my brain so if I feel my hands going towards my face I sit on them or send a text or do something to try and make myself aware of what's happening. The nails mean that I can't physically pull if I do reach my face.

I really need to try that as well, the olive oil sounds like a good tip too!
    Congratulations on getting married!

Thanks :) Ya i was a bit stressed alright. And i know trying to combine not pulling with diet could be hard but maybe by picturing a thinner me with eyebrows might help, rather than an overweight me with eyebrows, i dunno, both are pretty hard to do!!
    How long have you been pulling?

I've been pulling for gulp, 7 years, since my Leaving Cert days so just sitting down at a desk or whatever really triggers it off.
    i was PULL-FREE(!) for 6 months.

Well done, im sure you can do it again, and hopefully keep it up.
    its so nice to let all this out and for people to agree and offer proper advice

Definitely, its like a mini support group here:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

its so nice to let all this out and for people to agree and offer proper advice thank you :)
    trichy wrote: »
    Definitely, its like a mini support group here:)

you've made my day :) chat away all ye like, we're not very strict in keeping on topic round these parts.

Hey guys,
    Never noticed this thread on here before. Not sure when I started picking but it would be sometime in secondary school (am doing a postgraduate course now, that that must be at least 8 years). Stress is definitely the cause. Any sort of exams, or submission deadline and I just pick. Once I've done some picking there is indeed a sense of relief, which lasts until I realise the result I'm left with. I have to pick any white hairs on my head; they cannot stay with the browns! And sometimes I'll grab a tweezers and pick hairs on my legs. I freaked out a little on Friday last because I was sitting in college, stressing about work I had to do and I suddenly realised that I'd picked off the first cm of my eyebrow; I've never been a serious eyebrow picker before. I read there that somebody just got rid of their tweezers - if my tweezers isn't around I'll just use my nails, which aren't as effective, but in the end cause more damage if it's a hair in a mole because that just means you end up picking the skin off... and repeat every few weeks/months. If there is any sign of that hair growing from the mole I'm at it, and usually it really enrages the skin and it looks horrible after. But I have to do it. I've wondered about laser treatment for that hair, but would be nervous of any subsequent effects.

As everyone else has mentioned, it's great to hear your stories, and to know you are not alone :) Next we just need all of our stresses removed and we'll be set!

• Advertisement

hi all,

im a fellow 'puller', only my eyebrows, go between stages of having none at all to letting them grow. Had it for about 8years now, ever since my mother died, which apparently can bring it on in some people. Read a great book about it which helped for about a year, but as usual, the minute some stress happened, rows with boyf, work etc, it started again and its so annoyin that in 30mins you can ruin months of good work!

Anyway, just found this forum and though id let yous know about an article i read recently,

http://altmedicine.about.com/b/2009/07/22/supplement-may-help-stop-trichotillomania.htm

Basically it says by taking the supplement N-Acetylcysteine (NAC) it can help reduce this disorder in some people. Youll find it in any health food shop.

I picked some up last week, and its early days but I do find im plucking less, but that could be a placebo effect, :D but every little bit helps!

Best of luck!

Trichy - not gonna quote your post cause it was so long but thank you so much it was really supportive!!

Had a baaad week last week, not sure why though as nothing stressful happened... But ended up with not a single eyebrow hair left, the first time that's ever happened. I cried so much :(
    its so annoyin that in 30mins you can ruin months of good work! I couldn't agree with this more!:(

Anyway, just found this forum and though id let yous know about an article i read recently,

http://altmedicine.about.com/b/2009/07/22/supplement-may-help-stop-trichotillomania.htm

Basically it says by taking the supplement N-Acetylcysteine (NAC) it can help reduce this disorder in some people. Youll find it in any health food shop.

I picked some up last week, and its early days but I do find im plucking less, but that could be a placebo effect, :D but every little bit helps!

Best of luck!

Could you keep us updated about those? Would be brilliant if it was definitely working, good luck!!

How's everyone else doing lately?

For anyone who pulls eyelashes - do you find that you do it only when you wear mascara? I stopped wearing it a few months ago and they've grown back fully, and are stronger now, ie dont come out in clumps when i pull slightly. i'm so happy, they're all long again :)

How is everybody getting on?

I started on the NAC stuff yesterday thanks to the unregistered poster. I'm gonna try it out for a month and see how I get on. Has anyone else tried it before?

Did anyone watch the programme on C4 the other day, Girls On The Pull? It was about Trich sufferers. It's on 4OD for the next 27 days so watch it while you can.

I'm just wondering, how that NAC stuff is doing? are you pulling less? I know it was only a few days since you started it, but any results at all!?

hi guys,

Any updates on the NAC supplement to stop the urge to pull ? :)
    How is everybody doing?

hi guys,

Any updates on the NAC supplement to stop the urge to pull ? :)
    How is everybody doing?

Im also wondering if that works, no one has reported back yet! Really hope someone has good new with it cos I'm doing worse than ever. Think maybe it's because I just started college but it'd really be nice for it to improve, it's just so bad right now :(

Haro84 how have you been doing?

Yea i thought i would have got replies about the supplement ?!
    I also found my pulling would be bad when reading or studying for college. I ask myself why did i sign up for a nighjt course last wednesday that goes on for 20 weeks! I had been quite good, and my barely there eyebrows had kind of grown back, but i pulled then and alot of eyelashes put last week. God i hate myself for it! Ive a wedding coming up soon and i dont know how im going to "style my Hair" to cover the patches up! So annoying!

where do u have your patches?

Yea i thought i would have got replies about the supplement ?!
    I also found my pulling would be bad when reading or studying for college. I ask myself why did i sign up for a nighjt course last wednesday that goes on for 20 weeks! I had been quite good, and my barely there eyebrows had kind of grown back, but i pulled then and alot of eyelashes put last week. God i hate myself for it! Ive a wedding coming up soon and i dont know how im going to "style my Hair" to cover the patches up! So annoying!

where do u have your patches?

Sorry i've been really bad at replying! Both my eyebrows are entirely gone and my eyelashes are getting patchy, this is only as of this week I had been doing so well :( think it may be because i've finished college so am sitting around all day bored. I need to keep myself busy i think!

Have you had any luck lately?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Nuther Name

God I cant believe so many people do this too. I thought it was only me.

But this is horrible!!! Does no one else HATE that you are someone who "suffers from Trich". The word "suffer" is so strong, and trich, sounds like a little friend!!! Even saying stuff like, still pulling, and terminology makes it all sound normal and sane its too scarey I'm freeked out.

I dont want to admit this. But the bald circle on the top of my head, which is red, and cut because I pulled it all out and scratch at it is getting bigger....and i can. not. stop. Ive been doing this for about 10 years and only in the last year, my sister knows. I pull my split ends alllllll the time. I kind of know why, boredom, not working, worry worry worry. While i'm unemployed which on and off alot over those years, i get really into the gym. But now I've been overdoing it and am on crutches and having to rest. so the one thing keeping me sane has been taken away and the job I was depending on is almost definatly a no go.

I cant stop.

Feck sorry. Anyway. Its just weird. Isnt it.??? Everyone here doing this odd thing that if some people know about would just totally not understand. I just wish to god almighty i could just stop.

• Advertisement

Sorry i've been really bad at replying! Both my eyebrows are entirely gone and my eyelashes are getting patchy, this is only as of this week I had been doing so well :( think it may be because i've finished college so am sitting around all day bored. I need to keep myself busy i think!

Have you had any luck lately?

Hi TigerIsa,

How are you keeping lately?
    Im back on the Viviscal tablets. My hair is starting to grow back at the sides of my head, but its still badly thin on top. I have hair extensions, I would be lost without them when i go out at the weekends, but they can make my hair sore, which results in pulling!!! Im going on holiday saturday, but not looking forward getting my hair wet in the pool or water park, as Im afraid my eyebrow & hair make up comes off!! Ahhh!

Advertisement