Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Trich"

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭TigerIsa

I have to set up my email so i get updates on this, didn't notice your reply Haro84 sorry!
    Came onto this thread because i literally just pulled out all but 3 eyelashes on my left eye. Im devastated and so annoyed with myself, im going on holidays too in just over a week and will have to put on fake eyelashes every day.

Haro84 - hope the holiday went well? :) and how are the tablets working out for you? Hopefully your hair will start to thicken, can't even imagine it cos i'm only an eyebrow and eyelash person.

Nuther Name - i get what you mean completely, you should take up something (not the gym! :P ) but maybe volunteer work or something, just to keep you busy. I'm the same - pull when i'm bored/worried. I hope a job works out for you soon! (i also hate the terminology)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Haro84

Hi TigerIsa, My holiday was good. It was a nice break away from work & life in general at home! Im the opposite to you. I had no eyebrows & little eye lashes left, but I somehow have let my eyebrows grow back abit but i stil have to pencil them in too. And my eyelashes are mostly there. But my hair is another story. I did alot of picking on holiday! :( We went on a boat trip & i did para sailing. I bought a colourful bandana to put over my hair, which was ideal, as loads of people use bandana's in the sun! At home I try keep busy doing house work , cleaning etc or else i'll pick while watching tv. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭TigerIsa

Been a while since I posted in here, sad to see 4 months on and nothing's changed or improved :( was on holidays during the summer with the girls, and was so embarrassed getting into the water just terrified of the makeup coming off. They're really lovely about it but still, it's something I'm so ashamed of.

Hate not being taken seriously by people especially the family, just telling me to stop and giving out to me about it, that's not helping anything just gets me more upset about it!

Haro84 how are you getting on? Is your hair still thin at the sides? Para sailing sounds amazing!!

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Messed Up Mind

Hi all! Sorry I never replied to the NAC questions, but I stopped checking my email address where I get boards replies sent to and had forgotten about this thread (although not my trich unfortunately :()

The NAC worked out kinda well when I was taking it. Not sure if it was the placebo effect or what. When I stopped taking it or forgot to take it for a day or two my pulling became so much worse than if I hadn't been taking it in the first place. I decided to stop taking it after a month as I didn't see the benefits in the long term and was worried that if I became 'pull free' after taking it for a while and then stopped that all my hard work could be taken away in an instant.

I've since tried relaxation and hypnotherapy online which worked as a deterrent through pure distraction. I'm still worse than I've ever been though and have absolutely no eyebrows or eyelashes. Fringes are a pain in the butt to maintain and I hate windy days, but still I can't stop pulling.

Would Viviscal work on helping the growth of eye area hair as opposed to hair on the top of your head?

How's everyone else getting on?

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Scruffles

have had trich for years,think it started when was moved out into institutional care just before twenty because of the total lack of understanding and the abusive & neglectful treatment that recieved.
    coud have filled pillows with the stuff,it made a huge difference when was moved into theraputic autism residential care a few years ago,the trich side rarely flairs up because am understood and around supportive staff who look at us as people rather than the labels we have,have been helped to finaly feel safe which am thinking was the key to helping the trich, have never been medicated for it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement