Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Worst People to talk to online?

• 05-02-2008 1:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭

Who do ye think are the worst people on teamspeak on live?

IMO the americans are by far the worst, most of them abust the sh1t out of you when you beat them, and they aren't much better when they win.

Had one guy who totally lost his head because i killed him and ruined his 6 kill killing spree.(Halo).

So anyone have any funny episodes talking to people online?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭Varkov

I like the little black kids who rap all through the game in a really high voice.

Good times.

One guy did decide to tell us once about the "close" relationship he had with his sister.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

No particular group comes to mind.

I do get sick of people slagging off black people and Jews, its the bloody 21st century and there are far too many racists still out there.

Then there are people who think there brilliant at a game and when they get there asses kicked blame everyone but themselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,552 ✭✭✭✭Varik

most of them are only 10,
    repeat what they say in a high pitch voice drives them mad,
    also kill them when you're losing and want some pay back.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Varkov wrote: »
    I like the little black kids who rap all through the game in a really high voice.
    You'll probably find that they are actually white 12 year olds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 615 ✭✭✭NunianVonFuch

Funniest online talker I've ever bumped into was some dude on Halo 3 who was just repeating different words for his penis and balls. Like with no emotion, like he was reading from a thesaurus! :p Muted him and then after the 20minute match he was still going! Fruitcake. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Evolute

Was playing gears of war last night and this little kid from I don't were sounded American started giving me death and asking the host(my friend) to boot me for using the chainsaw bayonet. Then he invited me to private chat and started saying dude I would totally kill you in real life I'll fly to ireland just to kick your ass and all of that stuff and then he was saying dude go on halo and ill totally pwn you. haha the little kids that play those games think they are god gift to the world. Oh and he was going nuts because I kept sniping him in the head when he was rolling at me.:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 858 ✭✭✭helios

Americans, by far, especially while playing CoD4:

One guy said that he was going to sue the game because he kept losing and people were getting easy kills on him

Everything is 'gay'. Got killed by a random grenade? Gay. I got you 5 times with a melee attack? Gay. Playing a level you don't like? Gay.

Had one kid who was narrating everything that happened. Saying what he was doing and how people were killing him. For the *entire* match.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Id like to just talk to anyone i play against, still havent heard anybody on any of my games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

aaah...penny arcade...a comic for every situation :D

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2007/04/30

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

aaah...penny arcade...a comic for every situation :D

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2007/04/30

Though you were going to link to this. (NB - contains language some may find offensive).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Definitely the Yankee-doodles!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Not the yanks, thats too general, it's deffo the south/east London massif kids who annoy me.

I thrive on the abuse I get at the end of the game. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

zAbbo wrote: »
    Not the yanks, thats too general

Personal opinion! i thought that was the general idea anyway! i'm sure lots'll agree with me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Not the yanks, thats too general, it's deffo the south/east London massif kids who annoy me.

the ones who put on crap music (some form of drum and bass or jungle) in the background and sing along

I am also a bit annoying to play with as I am very vocal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭niallispuresex

Anyone who plays music or breaths like they're mic is shoved up their arse...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 525 ✭✭✭killyoutodeath

british kids -playing halo last night and the two that were on were like 'OMG i can see you!' to each other.then it was funny when an american came into there conversation and told them to shut up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭hanton12

was playing rocket race with a few friends of mine, but there were others involved as well. We didnt sort out the first game properly so I ended up with some American kid. Wouldnt be the best at halo and he was driving and I was firing rockets. Damn thing used to take forever to reload, and just as I had a mongoose in my sight, the thing was reloading and the kid was screaming shoot him shoot him. Of course I shot him, but after they hit the checkpoint. And the kid started ranting about how he was getting so pi$$ed off and we should be winning and I was costing him the game. I just roared down the mic to shut the fcuk up ya whinging little so and so. he went dead quiet, and then at the next checkpoint I got a lovely shot in and we scored, and he was all like, great shot, well done. Came back out into the lobby and he was going on about partying up, come on guys party up, we all quit and just burst out laughing at him back in our lobby

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭BloodSugarSex

i either turn me mic off or abuse them vigorously, in a funny way (both squeaky and deep-voiced americans, oh and some of the english are wallys)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

Oh Jesus, the worst was when i was playin gears and this little American was playin for the first time, and he kept trying to talk to guys on the other team. That mightnt seem so bad, but mix his american accent with massive ammounts of squeekiness. Result = Getting abseloutely massively annoyed and end up trying to kill him before getting shot in the back by a guy on the other team. We then lost the game by one :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭Antamojo

Teenage yanks....
    MUPPETS!!

Think they are the cheese, hate them so much...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭Jackabo

Young Americans win hands down here,ballbags the lot !.
    your cheating if you beat them btw :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭blaze1

easy on the massiff, there are a few chavs about online, but dont tar us all with the same brush..... that said yanks, no matter what region/age all have the ability to talk absolute horse sh*t through the hole game!, when will xbox delevop europe only lobbies for games????

fidsta

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

Only had one bad experience and that was in COD4. Some little American dick was singing "****** ****** ****** ******" (edit: the offence word for black people beginging with N, and not in a I'm a black man and this is how I speak to my man type of way) in the lobby over and over. I told him to shut up and he went ballistic. Throughout the game he was telling me what he was going to do to me, calling me a Jew, Mexican, French, gay and god knows what else. I kept laughing and asking why did he have a fascination with mens asses as he also kept saying he was going to stick various items up mine. He couldn't guess where I was from, told him I wasn't leaving the game to satisify him, I've never heard a kid go so nuts, gave me a good laugh at the idiot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭FunkyChicken

Can you mute people?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 376 ✭✭samsamson

Yep! You usually just press A on their name (in the stats menu) like you would do to rate them positive/negative. It's an option in there :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

American kids are harmless if annoying.
    Worse imo are British people.
    I rarely use the headset but I did one day playing COD3 once they heard the Irish accent (some would say bogger accent :p) the fun started.

Yeah, SAS rule!!!-shoot to kill the Paddy's.
    Cowards, sure "Southern Ireland" (wtf?:confused:) never fought in WWII, too busy harvesting potatoes. Bla, Bla.

I've worked as a a barman, I can take mindless abuse in my stride but I was badly put out by this and never played this game online again.

Oh and despite not using a headset 90% the time, I've clocked up a bad rep, mainly for trash talk. I'm blameless, that's hardly fair

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Teenage virgins who think misogyny is soooooo hilarious.
    And everyone's favourite, American kids/teens who won't shut the fuck up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Beanstalk

halo 3 is the worst ever in terms of annoying people over the mike although it can have its funny moments....like when i was playing online with this english guy and i bumped into him with a vehicle and took a little bit of his energy off him and before i even could apologise to him he started screaming down the mike at me, after which he intentionally killed me and then said in an american accent 'don f**k with me motherf****r', even though he was clearly english! nobody really said anything then for the rest of the game, i nearly fell off the couch laughing....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Saint's row is definitely the worst online, it's as if they handed the game to every racist, homophobe, and wannabe "gansta" in America.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭Oman

the americans are grand, the english are worse. my friend was on it and didnt give a ****, he was messing and singing having craic and this english lad started roaring at him and called him a retard, ok mayb he deserved it but still like, we started laughin at him and he didnt like that

Advertisement