Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

old games with current gen graphics, whats yours?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭[DF]Lenny

Mega-Lo-Mania

Deus Ex

and that spectrum game where you had to make all the moonbases (not elite)

Hexen would be fun too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

A link to the Past would be fantastic aswell as Deus Ex

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Escape from Butc....oh yeah they are remaking that :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Goldeneye for the N64. An obvious choice, I know, but apparently the remake fell through! :mad:

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

kingpin would be unbelievable now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

humanji wrote: »
    Oh, and I'd also love to see System Shock 2 remade with suped up graphics. Maybe they could change a few things like change the characters names and maybe have it set underwater and back in the 50's and maybe...eh...oh...wait...

:D

lol, post of the day.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,607 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I want to play a Metroid Prime retrospective on the Wii, with the mechanics of each of the two games rejigged to take into account the Wiimote.
    Those games are so brilliant and the control in Metroid Prime 3 so sublime it'd be a shame not to combine the two.
    Also it'd expose the two prequels to a much wide audience than previous.

Don't touch Goldeneye, no nO NO!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

po0k wrote: »
    Flashback

Flashback still looks lovely imo, it doesn't really need updating...
    The game that first came into my head when I saw this thread was the sequel, Fade to Black... It always felt like if they'd left it for another year, or better yet the next generation of consoles, it could have been a far better game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Another World and maybe The Chaos Engine and Syndicate.

Since everyone else is too polite, I'll say that a number of Wii games would be nice with current gen graphics. *Ba-zing!*

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,415 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

tman wrote: »
    The game that first came into my head when I saw this thread was the sequel, Fade to Black... It always felt like if they'd left it for another year, or better yet the next generation of consoles, it could have been a far better game.

Loved that game when it came out, decent story and characters. However it really has aged horrendously. It looked great when it came out since it was one of the first full 3D games but thats what was it's down fall in the end as well.

And good shout on Burning Rangers. A firefighting sim should be excellent fun but only 3 games got it right, the firemen (SNES), burning rangers and to a lesser extent Firefighter FD 18. Imagine burning rangers with fires controlled by physics. Would be excellent.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭chamlis

Frontier and Elite, though I'd prefer if they just fixed First Encounters. I still had many hours clocked up in that despite the bugs -_-

• Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

Some great ideas guys. I expecially agree with Magic Carpet and a HD 2d sonic game :)

The one I've been keeping an eye on though is Black mesa source which is also mentioned above. It looks fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Crowman

Virtual On Cyber Troopers, This would be great on 360 with twin sticks for control and Xbox Live matches, Awesome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    Guardian Heroes from the Saturn. Stcking my neck out here but was far better than Streets of Rage to me.

Ohh good call. Guardian heroes advance was alright but i demand a shiny version of the saturn game.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

World of warcraft would do it for me.
    Not that old i know but almost 4 years all the same,i can just imagine it with todays gfx.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,415 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Ohh good call. Guardian heroes advance was alright but i demand a shiny version of the saturn game.

No 3d please!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

mayordenis wrote: »
    kingpin would be unbelievable now

It still is! Classic game. But I hear what your saying, current gen graphics with the kingpin theme would be such a hit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    No 3d please!

Goes without saying, really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

+1 for Syndicate(Wars) remake. Sodding brilliant games that would still hold their own against any of today's games if not for the dated visuals.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,395 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

shiny online twisted metal:world tour, awesome!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

Well Id love to see some of the resident evil games make with 3D graphics, The REmake for the gamecube was so class like

day of the tentacle anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,945 ✭✭✭trout

I'd love to see a remake of Dark Forces, from way back in 1995.

The combination of current-gen graphics & sounds, with the innovations and well crafted Dark Forces plot, set against the backdrop of the Star Wars universe. Sounds good to me :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Actually, you know what I'd really love to see updated to present day shininess? MechWarrior 2: Mercenaries. That was a brilliant game, way better than 3 or 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Moojuice

Zach Mackracken and the Alien Mind Benders and Outcast. I never finished it but it looked great at the time and had an iteresting storyline.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

Grand Prix Manager

I still play it now and then but those 1995 graphics really haven't aged well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

2d Sonic game in HD.

Streets of Rage.

Shinobi.

2d NBA Jam in HD.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

street fighter 3 HD

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    shiny online twisted metal:world tour, awesome!

+1.

I bagsie Thumper! ;)

I wonder when Twisted Metal: Head On - Extra Twisted Edition will get a European release. It's out in America now but can't find any confirmation of a release date here. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

Syndicate!!

omfg if they made that with GTA4 graphics....just OMFGGGGGGGGG
    Placebo wrote: »
    street fighter 3 HD

:)

Just started played 3rd Strike , loving online play, one of the best online games I have played!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

Syndicate
    UFO: Enemy unknown and ufo aftermath (was that the last one of the original series ? or was it x-com apocalypse)
    LoM

drooooooool

Advertisement