Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

old games with current gen graphics, whats yours?

Options

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

A working Flight Simulator game would be nice, and Golden Axe!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,766 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

magick wrote: »
    Clive Barkers Undying, because that game had a great plot , and it was the most scary game ive ever played.

Yes that was one of my favorite games, its a pity they never made a follow up for it, damn I think I'll dust it down and play it again :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

kaimera wrote: »
    Carmageddon in glorious HD would be nice. The original obviously.

big thumbs up for this

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

road rash aswell - possibly on the wii so you can use the motion sensitivity to hit people with chains

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

How about Mercenary/Damocles? Great memories of those two.

+1 re Syndicate, Elite of course and Tie Fighter (and again, thats not X-Wing or X-Wing vs Tie Fighter ;) )

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

When thinking of this my mind is clouded with the thought: Would the 2D games I'm thinking of work as well in 3D?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Syndicate
    Deus Ex
    Diablo
    Baldur's Gate
    monument wrote: »
    When thinking of this my mind is clouded with the thought: Would the 2D games I'm thinking of work as well in 3D?

Honestly, I think it could work well. Many 2D games have successfully been ported over to a 3D engine in the past, like the Command & Conquer, or Warcraft series.

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

monument wrote: »

I think not in some cases. For example, somebody mentioned earlier Syndicate in the GTA4 engine. I don't think that would really work - that game is essentially an RTS (with miniguns). 3D can sometimes just complicate things.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Airbourne Ranger !!!
    Tie Fighter
    Their Finest Hour + Secret Weapons of the Luftwaffe
    1942 Pacific Air War
    Microprose Soccer
    Leaderboard Golf.
    World Games.
    The Last Ninja.
    AVP - using the Doom 3 engine or better
    Space Gun (from the arcades)
    Wrestlefest (From Arcades)
    Deus Ex.
    Golden Axe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭superfly

[DF]Lenny wrote: »
    Mega-Lo-Mania

Deus Ex

and that spectrum game where you had to make all the moonbases (not elite)

Tau Ceti?

i say Space invaders and Ms.Pac-Man

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Aliens v Predator 2

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Shadowrun (Snes version) - Imagine it was a 1st person game with an rpg feel to it and you could get in deathmatches and swerve completely away from what the original game was actually about.......

Oh wait, boo-hoo!

:p

Wait a go Mickeysoft, what a way to ruin one of the best games ever!!!!

Cannon Fodder
    Monkey Island
    Street Fighter (4 looks tasty)
    Ant Attack (c64)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

The Last Ninja 2
    Golden Axe
    Platoon

and

This

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

Maximilian wrote: »
    I think not in some cases. For example, somebody mentioned earlier Syndicate in the GTA4 engine. I don't think that would really work - that game is essentially an RTS (with miniguns). 3D can sometimes just complicate things.

It was like that due to the limitations of the time and it was not really a RTS at all it was just an isometric view it was still an action game. But think how the original GTA went to GTA3...

Now imagine syndicate in a living breathing fully 3D cyberpunk futuristic city with hover cars and the likes. The possibility's are endless!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Fieldog wrote: »
    Street Fighter (4 looks tasty)

Good nooz for jooz!!

Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix, hooray!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

Tie Fighter, Wing Commander 2, Syndicate and Monkey Island.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭Steez

Er...Daikatana?

More votes for Syndicate (FLAME THROWER FTW) and the Chaos Engine.
    With ones like Cannon Fodder an such though, you'd need to keep the same perspective and everything, and just make it a bit more shiny. Part of the greatness of it was in it's cheeseyness was it not?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Er...Daikatana?

You want a HD turd? :confused::p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭Steez

It wasn't that bad...well no, it was ****. Still though, we'd get to look at it all over again and go "Someone, please, shoot Romero." Again.

Is he still alive? Out of curiosity.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Golden Axe is being remade already, Linky.

Psi Ops : The Mindgate Conspiracy, done with the same tech as Force Unleashed is using. I'd even settle for a sequel at this stage...

A remake of AvP using a next-gen engine would be nice.

The Monkey Island Series, Sam N' Max and Day Of The Tentacle all remade would be <3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭Sqaull20

Bit off Topic, but the Jurassic Park mod using the Crysis game engine is something I dreamed about as a kid....

280886_1189441753_submedium.jpg

aviaryconcept1.jpg

Raptors hunting in packs, herbivors eating in groups, while you hunt a T-Rex with the Jurassic Park theme music playing in the Jeep :p

Cant wait for it...

http://jurassicparkmod.com/forums/index.php?PHPSESSID=74a63975d4eb230ac772a5b5b83c9a12&topic=163.0

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Sqaull20 wrote: »
    Bit off Topic, but the Jurassic Park mod using the Crysis game engine is something I dreamed about as a kid....

Cant wait for it...

:eek: lets hope this doesn't end up being like the "Black Mesa" HL1 remake and taking donkeys to get out the gate.

Also, if anyones interested. There is a community made remake of X-COM (UFO): Enemy Unknown.

I've tried it and they've got some things right but some other things terribly wrong. Try it for yourself anyway.

http://ufoai.sourceforge.net/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭kawaii

SofaK wrote: »
    FF6 in 3-D .....with voice-acting please ;)

But keep the old sample for kefka's laugh!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

Freespace 2 by miles

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

is it a complete game ? theyre using an engine, so it wouldnt be a mod now?
    looks great, id love to play it x 22222222222222222

turok x dino crsisi , lets downs !

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Jazzy wrote: »
    Freespace 2 by miles
    Its not quite what you want, but this...http://scp.indiegames.us/content.php?content.4 a brilliant graphical update for Freespace 2.

Screenshots here...http://fs2source.warpcore.org/wmcscreenies/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭CCCP^

Road Rash
    Dungeon Keeper
    Out of this World

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭sebastianlieken

Sqaull20 wrote: »

:eek: looks UNREAL!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Ohh good call. Guardian heroes advance was alright but i demand a shiny version of the saturn game.

+1!! i loved that game and still have it. My memory card thing kept getting messed up so i couldn't save all the characters i earned for the arena :(

Also +1 for Deus Ex, Virtual On & Syndicate Wars remake. Id like a remake of X-com Apocalypse done, unless this new X-com game is going to be like it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

The do-ables:

+1 for 1942 Pacific Air War
    +1 for Road Rash

Need for Speed (the original)
    Defender of the Crown

The pipe-dream:

Close Combat: A Bridge Too Far (with "scalable gameplay", playable from an overhead strategist perspective per the original, down to a COD-quality FPS at individual level, not forgetting FSW/R6-type squad gameplay in-between, and freely movable between 'levels of gameplay' at any time with the AI taking over on-the-fly as required)

Advertisement