Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lost Odyssey

• 05-02-2008 2:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭

Just ordered the Japanese English version from Play-Asia. 40 euro delivered, can't wait!

Hopefully this is alot better than Blue Dragon.
    Anyone else taking the plunge?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Was very tempted, but just don't have the time at the moment. I've a bunch of games I still haven't finished since Christmas and I'm in 4th year in uni so free time isn't in an abundance... June can't come fast enough!!

Might pick it up after a few months. Judging by Blue Dragon and Eternal Sonata's pricing it should drop by 40% within 2 months of release?:rolleyes: Good for us who like RPG's on 360 I guess, bad for publishers as they're clearly selling poorly.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,212 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Ehh...hang on a sec. Is this out already? And whats the story with the jap-english version...Japanese with English subtitles, or can you have English voices too? If it is already out, i'm going home early to oreder it (damn work and its stupid proxy :mad:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

I think it's full english voicing. I'm sure the option is there to have the Japanese voices though.

Aye I don't really have the time myself but I'll dip into it whenever I can.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,805 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Still have to get through Odin Sphere which will take a while since I haven't much time and the game is bastard hard. Hopefully I'll be finished for the US launch.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Want to pick this up but ive so many games still to get through from last year. Still have Blue Dragon, Assassins Creed, COD 4, Viva Pinata, Stranglehold to play through.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

Just ordered this as well. Really looking forward to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Looks great apart from the somewhat antiquated turn based gameplay! do people actually like that still?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,805 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Looks great apart from the somewhat antiquated turn based gameplay! do people actually like that still?

When it's done right it's great. Final Fantasy X was turn based and the battle system in that game was absolute genius. It was much better than the rubbish real time system in Final Fantasy XII and the horror of a western D&D hack and slash.

I see your point, it's just an instant turn off for me. It's up there with muscials on my hate list!

I ordered it from play-asia there. Damn i'm looking forward to this game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Can anyone confirm if it's Jap with Eng subs or English audio or both?

Will have to get this if it's English audio as I hate listening to Japanese.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Are you sure the English version of Lost Odyssey is region free?
    I didn't notice that it is.

Yup definitely works on PAL systems. It doesn't work on NTSC-US though.

Ordered. Poor auld Eternal Sonata must wait for another day then :)

Shipped this morning. Should have it for the start of my holidays next week!

Ya, shipped for me there as well. Anyone know how long delivery from play-asia usually takes? It said 5-10 days. Is it closer to the 5 or 10 (yes, i really want to play this).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,530 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

6 or 7 working days, in my experience. You'll get it next Thursday or Friday.
    I got GH2 a few weeks ago - shipped on Monday, arrived Wednesday of the following week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

Got this a couple of days ago and first impressions are overwhelmingly positive.

It's too early to judge the battle system but it looks like a solid foundation and I've no problems with it so far.

More importantly, the story is excellent. In particular the absolutely brilliant flashback sequences that you frequently come accross. There's already been a number of really memorable moments and I'm enjoying it a lot.

Aswell, the music is fantastic. Probably the best soundtrack to a JRPG since the Final Fantasy games on PS1.

Only downside is that the graphics are a little underwhelming. After recently playing through Uncharted and even Mass Effect, I can't help thinking the game would be well served by a much better facial animation system but it seems little better than a PS2 game in that area. I guess you can't have everything though.

steviec wrote: »
    Got this a couple of days ago and first impressions are overwhelmingly positive.

It's too early to judge the battle system but it looks like a solid foundation and I've no problems with it so far.

More importantly, the story is excellent. In particular the absolutely brilliant flashback sequences that you frequently come accross. There's already been a number of really memorable moments and I'm enjoying it a lot.

Aswell, the music is fantastic. Probably the best soundtrack to a JRPG since the Final Fantasy games on PS1.

Only downside is that the graphics are a little underwhelming. After recently playing through Uncharted and even Mass Effect, I can't help thinking the game would be well served by a much better facial animation system but it seems little better than a PS2 game in that area. I guess you can't have everything though.

Damn you! this is getting ordered tomorrow now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

Hmm, I shall be checking this out asap!

Not too bothered about the graphics. As long as the dev's put enough time into the combat system and story I'm not too fussed about the graphics in an RPG.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

Not too bothered about the graphics. As long as the dev's put enough time into the combat system and story I'm not too fussed about the graphics in an RPG.

I'd normally say the same, but having seen just how much the facial animations in Uncharted really help purvey the characters' emotions in any given scene, I think that's something that RPGs could really benefit from this gen.

Don't get me wrong though, Lost Odyssey is brilliant. I was just nitpicking really so my post wouldn't sound too gushing :)

I'd normally say the same, but having seen just how much the facial animations in Uncharted really help purvey the characters' emotions in any given scene, I think that's something that RPGs could really benefit from this gen.

Don't get me wrong though, Lost Odyssey is brilliant. I was just nitpicking really so my post wouldn't sound too gushing :)

You have me excited anyways! Can't wait, should be here by next friday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

Good to hear some positive feedback. Really looking forward to this now, although I am still trying to get through Drangon Quest 8 (most unfogiving RPG I've ever played) and FFX.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

Its out here on the 29th isnt it? I've been looking forward to this for quite some time, cant wait to get it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 890 ✭✭✭rejkin

seems like it would be cheaper just to buy it online but i looked on play asia and they all seem to have ntsc only ones,could someone please link me to the one which will work here?
    *edit* just saw at the bottom that they r compatible with pal,i should have looked more closely lol sorry.

Just noticed a review of this on Eurogamer for anyone who's interested

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=92553&page=1

Anyone else recieve their Play-Asia copy yet? I've got nothing to play, and i want it now!!

• Advertisement

Not yet, but I did buy Eternal Sonata so I can wait ;)

Advertisement