Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lost Odyssey

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

im on the 4th disk

im finding the disks a bit short ?

if this was on blue ray disk how many disk would it be ?

The content of 4 DVDs would fit comfortably on a single Bluray disk.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,805 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

TV programme :(

Think I'll give up drinking as well. Would normally buy a game like this on release but didn't even arrive home until very late saturday during the weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Kiith wrote: »
    Damn you people and your free time.

Heh, I bloody wish!
    I only got stuck into it yesterday due to having the day off after working 7 in a row. (managed 10+ hours of playtime yesterday:p)
    I've got a feeling that I'm going to crawl through the rest of the game due to lack of free time...

My newfound love of JRPGs isn't going to go well with full time employment:(

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    TV programme :(

Ah but last night was a good episode.

Be thankful you didn't do what I did... I bought the Lost game on Friday and brought it back to exchange for Lost Odyssey on Sunday on the grounds that Lost was rubbish... they seemed to accept this reason... but I did miss out on two whole days while I was playing the muck that is the Lost game.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭davidtobin100

Finding it hard to get time as well - why did I have to organise all my morgage stuff the same week as a new JRPG? :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

im on the 4th disk

I'm just onto the 4th disk as well. Reckon it'll clock in at about 40-45hrs overall which for me is just perfect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

I've only played LO for two hours, I've decided to leave it until I beat (I'm sorry about this) Lost. And maybe the last few secret missions in DMC4, but that'll just be frustrating. I'm thinking of staying up to finish Lost tonight, then continuing LO tomorrow. Or, if I'm feeling silly, tonight. Oooh, I can't wait, it's been so long since a JRPG has really grabbed me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Mr. K wrote: »
    I've only played LO for two hours, I've decided to leave it until I beat (I'm sorry about this) Lost. And maybe the last few secret missions in DMC4, but that'll just be frustrating. I'm thinking of staying up to finish Lost tonight, then continuing LO tomorrow. Or, if I'm feeling silly, tonight. Oooh, I can't wait, it's been so long since a JRPG has really grabbed me!

For shame...

Nah, just kidding. This deserves your undivided attention, which I reckon it just might get!! Get the other stuff out of the way first!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,358 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

It probably has the best surround sound mix I've ever heard in a game too.

I've had to look around a couple of times thinking there was something in the room with me, but it was just clinking of armor coming from the rear speakers.

My new Home Theatre system arrived in the post this morning, can't wait to set it all up and get stuck into disc 2 now.
    thanks sir!!now i am sure nobuo is back!!:D

seraphimvc wrote: »
    thanks sir!!now i am sure nobuo is back!!:D

Music in this is epic in the appropriate places and is ambient in the dreams. Main theme is fantastic too. Great stuff all round!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

im on the 4th disk

I'm 15 and a half hours in on disk 3, just arrived in gohtza, seems to be about 6-7 hours per disk.

ShaneU wrote: »
    I'm 15 and a half hours in on disk 3, just arrived in gohtza, seems to be about 6-7 hours per disk.

Are you not exploring everywhere and talking to everyone?

Took me 12 hours to do disc 1... I'm 17 hours in now and still on disc 2... just finished the section that feels like Resident Evil.

Oh and one thing I like about this game that drives me nuts about most Xbox 360 games is that it lets you save without dropping you to the dashboard to select your storage device... why do so many games do that? How likely is it that you've yanked the hard drive off in between saves? I find it really takes you out of the game when they do that.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,805 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Don't really mind short RPGs. Less filler and fetch quests and more quality is way better. Sure Panzer Dragoon Saga took me 17 hours to complete with all the subquests and it's far and away the best RPG I've ever played.

Wtf.... I'm a shade over 20 hours and I'm still on disc 2... I like to savour every moment though, probably stay in an area longer than I need to!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Finally bought this today, played it for about 2 hours. Only just got to the mansion at the start. Looking forward to getting in a few hours tonight and tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

Ah tis a great game. I was sick last week so got to get stuck into it. On disc 4 at the moment think ive played about 20+ hours on it alone. just exploring around. Kinda lost where I am in teh story from not following it :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,047 ✭✭✭Unearthly

I love this game, 7 hours into it. Great storyline, characters and the classic Final Fantasy type battle. So easy to play this for hours and not get bored at all

I'll have to get back into it... I found the story gets a little tiresome on disc 4.. but I'd like to see it through...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

I'll have to get back into it... I found the story gets a little tiresome on disc 4.. but I'd like to see it through...

I found that a bit as well but saw it through till the end. I wanted to do as many sidequests as possible and find all dream locations. All in all I think it took me about 55hrs to complete.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Kind of gave up on it on disc 4 as well, after
    getting back to Numara... damn tanks keep owning me
    A great game, but it started to get a little tiresome for me so I just put it on the backburner for a while

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Xyo

You can get an item that nullifies fire damage makes the tanks a piece of piss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭Caoimhín

Im on disc 4. Ready to storm to the finish but spending some time doing the side quests. That Temple of Enlightenement is a Bit*h.
    Quality game this.
    Is Lost that bad?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭gloobag

Finished it there last week with about 900 achievment points :cool: Beating 'The Immortal One' in the Backyard was very satisfying I must say.

Great game, but story wise I felt the ending was complete ****e and corny as fcuk.

Final Boss was way too easy as well. Completely hosed the baxtard :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

Just started playing this over the weekend (had gotten it from Play Asia a while ago, but had other games to finish first).

About 3/4 hours in, really enjoying it. Stroy is great. Although the powerpoint dream sequences leave a little to be desired.

RE*AC*TOR wrote: »
    Just started playing this over the weekend (had gotten it from Play Asia a while ago, but had other games to finish first).

About 3/4 hours in, really enjoying it. Stroy is great. Although the powerpoint dream sequences leave a little to be desired.

I just skiped these, I dont think it took away from the game by doing this.
    Still, a great game.

RE*AC*TOR wrote: »

I thought they were exceptional. Music was ambient, they were excellently written, use of colour was beautiful. Couldn't have asked for more, and anyone who says video clips would have been better is missing the boat entirely.
    caoibhin wrote: »
    I just skiped these, I dont think it took away from the game by doing this.
    Still, a great game.

If you skipped them, then presumably you don't know what was in them. Thus, don't know what your missing, which I and many others would argue is a lot!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Wow skipping the dream sequences? But there's so much story in there, alot of Kaim's development is in these stories.

The dream sequences are one of the best things about the game. You're doing yourself a great disservice by skipping them.

Although it can be a bit daunting when you hit a few of them quickly in a row when you're just getting going... but the stories are so well written that they quickly draw you in.

Actually it's Seth's back story that you will miss some very important stuff from if you don't read them.

The dream sequences are one of the best things about the game. You're doing yourself a great disservice by skipping them.

Although it can be a bit daunting when you hit a few of them quickly in a row when you're just getting going... but the stories are so well written that they quickly draw you in.

Actually it's Seth's back story that you will miss some very important stuff from if you don't read them.

Maybe i'll sit down for an hour and have a read then. I thought it was just filler..

• Advertisement

The Seth back story really should have been done in a cinematic flashback as well to some extent... I'd imagine things get a little confusing on the 3rd disc if you've skipped them.

Advertisement