Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plumbing Question

Options
  • 05-02-2008 2:22pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭

I'd be very grateful if someone could give me an opinion on the water flow in my new house - it's built right beside the old house so we have the same pressure coming in through the mains as we did in the old house.
    The problem is with the cold water from the tanks in the attic, also the hot water pressure's not great. We had a Triton T90 in the old house which was great, but the pressure on the one in the new house is paltry by comparison.

What I'm asking is; Is this because we have more bathrooms in the new house? We had an old water tank in the old house, we have 2 coffin tanks in this one. I just want to know whether we have to live with this or whether it's possible to improve it?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭oleras

I'd be very grateful if someone could give me an opinion on the water flow in my new house - it's built right beside the old house so we have the same pressure coming in through the mains as we did in the old house.
    The problem is with the cold water from the tanks in the attic, also the hot water pressure's not great. We had a Triton T90 in the old house which was great, but the pressure on the one in the new house is paltry by comparison.

What I'm asking is; Is this because we have more bathrooms in the new house? We had an old water tank in the old house, we have 2 coffin tanks in this one. I just want to know whether we have to live with this or whether it's possible to improve it?

Thanks.

Im no expert, but with regard to the shower, do you know if the same thickness of pipe was used in each instalation ? A smaller diameter pipe will have a lower flow. Also, does the new T90 have the same power output as the old one ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭landydef

what you want to check is for the head pressure which is basically the height between your tap or t90 and the top of your tank
    could the tank in the old house be up on a stand? do you have the space in the new house to raise the 2 coffin tanks?
    having more bathrooms would not effect the pressure unless your using more then 1 at any 1 time

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Thanks for the replies lads, the plumber's due back to do a few snags and I'll put all these questions to him :)

Advertisement