Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone ever have to go legal with any of the trades?

Options
  • 05-02-2008 2:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone ever had to go down legal route with any trades in order to get work completed, fixed, finalised etc? If so would you mind pm'ing me? Thanks a mill.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

Were the jobs done cash in hand or legit?

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Builderwoman!

All fully invoiced. mad m.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,103 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

mad m wrote: »
    Were the jobs done cash in hand or legit?

Cash in hand is perfectly legit. It's up to the tradesman to pay his taxes, none of my business.

© 1982 Sinclair Research Ltd

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Builderwoman!

ninja900 wrote: »
    Cash in hand is perfectly legit. It's up to the tradesman to pay his taxes, none of my business.

Is it legit though...cash jobs mean no invoices and no invoices would mean no proof for legal purposes...just a thought??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

I was told a few months back that I must invoice every customer.
    This was because the customer can be prosecuted if they cannot provide proof they paid vat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

Just thought I'd jump in and help with the apples and oranges.

Good business practice would be that all transactions be recorded (eg invoices, receipts issued etc).

There are various forms of payment (Bankers Draft, Company/Personal Cheque, Credit Transfer, and indeed cash). And finally Proof of Payment (eg issue receipt to customers) is also important.

However proper records are particularly important where VAT is involved.

Advertisement