Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Manchester Derby

• 05-02-2008 2:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭

So pretty big game for both sides this Sunday. United chasing Arsenal, City hoping for a European spot.

Early team news has Elano and Corluka suspended for us and Rooney out for the other lot. Onouha is crocked for us as well.

City unveiled their special kit today for the game -

http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc311/ManCityFans/mcfc-derbykit2008.jpg

It's a pretty nice effort. An all yellow keeper kit to go with it.

Prediction? To be honest I'd be over the (blue) moon with a point. No word on Benjani yet so we don't have a proven striker and injuries/suspension won't help.

Thoughts?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Xavi6 wrote: »
    ...Elano...suspended

Very bad news for City that.

Because of this, I think United will win, easily.
    City unveiled their special kit today for the game -

http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc311/ManCityFans/mcfc-derbykit2008.jpg

It's a pretty nice effort. An all yellow keeper kit to go with it.
    Yeah, very nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

United are wearing the same tracksuits that they wore back in 58' I heard.

Should be a good game, I hope both sides respect the rememberance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

jameshayes wrote: »
    United are wearing the same tracksuits that they wore back in 58' I heard.

Should be a good game, I hope both sides respect the rememberance.

united are wearing the 58 kit also all the players have requested boots with no logos on it from their manufacturers. i am looking forward to the game and hoping the event gets to the united players!

1-1 i reckon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,426 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Call_me_al wrote: »
    united are wearing the 58 kit also all the players have requested boots with no logos on it from their manufacturers. i am looking forward to the game and hoping the event gets to the united players!

1-1 i reckon.

Yep - i think it will be a draw. City may be without Elano, but United have no full backs and Rooney is missing too.

As for the City kit, looks fantastic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Well tbh Elano not playing might be a blessing in disguise. Big game, Old Trafford, tackles flying in, it probably wouldn't suit him and he hasn't exactly been great lately. Let Geo play and run riot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,309 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Dont forget Man City are also wearing shirts with no logos and no names.

Dont forget Man City are also wearing shirts with no logos and no names.

Eh yes we know. See the OP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

United will win i reckon.

Fair play to City with the jersey etc. Hope the game goes off alright, it wont though, PL should have re-arranged this fixture when it came out on this date and gotten them playing a different team on this day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

Mr Alan wrote: »

Fair play to City with the jersey etc. Hope the game goes off alright, it wont though, PL should have re-arranged this fixture when it came out on this date and gotten them playing a different team on this day.

what and give in to a small number of scumbags that may disrupt the silence,by the way any city fans that do disrespect the silence will be banned for life.

3-1 utd i think

Apparently United requested to have City at home on the 10th, as they felt it was a disaster that effected Manchester, not just United and it would be appropriate for the two teams to remember it together.

Of course this does raise questions such as:

1. Should any team be allowed to request games, at all.
    2. Was it a good idea regardless.

I don't have any proof of this, heard it a while back. Also don't want to get into an argument on either points:D

• Advertisement

county wrote: »
    what and give in to a small number of scumbags that may disrupt the silence,by the way any city fans that do disrespect the silence will be banned for life.

3-1 utd i think

its not about "giving in to them"

if there is a minority of fans that cannot honour the silence, this will overshadow the whole event, and wat the silence is actually honouring.

it would, imo, be best to just not give these people this platform to show the world how stupid they actually are.

this is not a pop at City fans, a minority of Utd fans would be the same if the silence were were for Hillsborough, minority of Liverpool fans would be the same if the game Munich game was on in Anfield. All clubs have clowns among their fanbase

Tauren wrote: »
    Apparently United requested to have City at home on the 10th, as they felt it was a disaster that effected Manchester, not just United and it would be appropriate for the two teams to remember it together.

If this is true, that really is a ridiculous ridiculous call for Utd to make.

they should not be allowed to have any say in the fixture list (i thought the games were drawn randomly?)

Would it be beyond Utd to want the game against City knowing that their local rivals will most likely soil their clubs name on a world wide stage?? probably best for someone apart from me to answer that.

Ireally cant see any reason why Utd would want the game to be against City.

Worth remembering that a hardcore element of Citys fans actually refer to Utd as "the munichs".
    I don't have any proof of this, heard it a while back. Also don't want to get into an argument on either points:D

then you shouldnt have brought it up :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

If this is true, that really is a ridiculous ridiculous call for Utd to make.

they should not be allowed to have any say in the fixture list (i thought the games were drawn randomly?)

Would it be beyond Utd to want the game against City knowing that their local rivals will most likely soil their clubs name on a world wide stage?? I really cant see any reason why Utd would want the game to be against City.

Worth remembering that a hardcore element of Citys fans actually refer to Utd as "the munichs".

probably best for someone apart from me to answer that.

Because City had a player killed in the crash too you know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

Archimedes wrote: »

ex player working as a journalist i think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I think this will be an interesting game. No Rooney or Evra, but Brown is there.
    I think the team will be something like this

VDS
    --Brown--Ferdinand--Vidic--O'Shea-
    -Ronaldo--Scholes--Carrick--Park---
    Tevez---Giggs

That said, we could also see Anderson play, or Carrick. I'm really not sure to be honest, we could see Ronaldo up front.

Either way, I think we'll win. I don't rate City against big teams, and although we've lost Rooney which is never good, we have Scholes to give us shape.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

didnt know that at all. How or why was he on the plane?

His name was Frank Swift, he was working as a journalist for the News of the World covering the game, and got the same flight back as the United players.

PHB wrote: »
    I think this will be an interesting game. No Rooney or Evra, but Brown is there.
    I think the team will be something like this

VDS
    --Brown--Ferdinand--Vidic--O'Shea-
    -Ronaldo--Scholes--Carrick--Park---
    Tevez---Giggs

That said, we could also see Anderson play, or Carrick. I'm really not sure to be honest, we could see Ronaldo up front.

Either way, I think we'll win. I don't rate City against big teams, and although we've lost Rooney which is never good, we have Scholes to give us shape.
    Is Hargreaves injured again? I can think of any reason to have Carrick ahead of either him (if he is fit) or Anderson.

Really don't want to see Scholes and Giggs both starting either.

Hargreaves is a defensive midfielder. Who is he going to stop? Elano is out injured. He's gona be needed for Arsenal and Lyon.

Carrick will allow us to break down the defence.
    Scholes will give us shape which is vital without Rooney.
    I'd rather not see Giggs start, but I think he will.

I'm aware City had a player killed in the crash, but it still doesnt justify having the game against them intentionally.

Busby was about Liverpools best ever defender up until he left and was one of the most loved players on the Kop, great friends with both Shankley and Paisley, but they aint in a rush to have the game against Liverpool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Is Hargreaves injured again? I can think of any reason to have Carrick ahead of either him (if he is fit) or Anderson.

errm, have u watched many united games lately? carrick was one of uniteds best players in January. thats why he prob will play. hargreaves maybe still injured from 2 weeks ago. he came off at half time saturday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

errm, have u watched many united games lately? carrick was one of uniteds best players in January. thats why he prob will play. hargreaves maybe still injured from 2 weeks ago. he came off at half time saturday.

You must be watching last season on DVD cause he has been crap this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Would'nt have given City a hope without a forward but now that they finally got a decent forward in benjani, they've a better chance. I'd say it'll be a very boring game, with united scoring late in the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

John O'Shea marking Petrov??

City will score.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

gosplan wrote: »

City will score.

Petrov marking ... no one.

Utd will score.

And Carrick has been excellent this last month, if he's dropped for the match on sun it would be harsh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

City will score.

I thought Petrov played on the left? Meaning he will be against Brown who hasn't been outplayed by any winger this year.

Utd will win this for a number of reasons, its at home. The draw against Reading on the opening day season being are only dropped points.

The occasion = the players will be very up for this game.

The beat us early in the season, nobody at the club will wont to see them double over us = the players will be very up for this game

City have no strikers of any note, even with Benjani his goal scorng looks good because of his two hayricks. He doesn't score consistently ever.

City have a crap away record which boasts an incredible 11 goals the same as Birmingham, Newcastle and Less than Reading.

No way can anyone look past a Utd win.

Killme00 wrote: »
    You must be watching last season on DVD cause he has been crap this season.

can u please point out where i said this season as a whole? i said his form is good and he was one of uniteds top players in January. which he was, simple as that. I dont care how good or bad he was before that, we are talking about right now and what our best 11 is on current form.

uniteds player of the month for january as voted on another board -

1. Tevez
    2. Ronaldo
    3. Carrick

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Comfy win for United unfortunately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Comfy win for United unfortunately.

You can never tell though, the last few times I've watched this fixture, City have come out on top.

It's usually a decent game as well, more so now that City aren't a bad team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭LostinBlanch

How the hell was Benjani allowed to sign for City 5 days after the deadline?

Sounds dodgy as hell to me.

He'll probably score the winner.

Edit also had to laugh at City Supporters Club panicking like hell as they know they won't adhere to the minutes silence. Then having the gall to want us to move the minutes silence back to 45 minutes after the match ends! I hope the tv cameras also pan in on them to see if any of them will be doing their airplane impressions during the minutes silence.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

zAbbo wrote: »
    You can never tell though, the last few times I've watched this fixture, City have come out on top.

It's usually a decent game as well, more so now that City aren't a bad team.
    True, but City are in woeful form at the moment and United are flying, poor game at Spurs aside. I think United have will be too motivated and too talented for City.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

I thought Petrov played on the left? Meaning he will be against Brown who hasn't been outplayed by any winger this year.

Utd will win this for a number of reasons, its at home. The draw against Reading on the opening day season being are only dropped points.

The occasion = the players will be very up for this game.

The beat us early in the season, nobody at the club will wont to see them double over us = the players will be very up for this game

City have no strikers of any note, even with Benjani his goal scorng looks good because of his two hayricks. He doesn't score consistently ever.

City have a crap away record which boasts an incredible 11 goals the same as Birmingham, Newcastle and Less than Reading.

No way can anyone look past a Utd win.

No denying the Utd win. Just saying I expect City to score.

I think you'll win but not because the players are 'up for it' though. Would they not have been up for the Spurs match or the West Ham game?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

City will score.

A left back marking a left winger? What are you on about?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

United to win 2-1. Hopefully the occasion will be respected.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Will be there, not going to predict the score though. I'm going to be extreamly pissed if the City lad do something to distrupt the silence!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

1. Should any team be allowed to request games, at all.

Extenuating (sp?0 circumstances and all but personally no, I dont think so. Fixtures should be done at random so as not to offer any possible advantage or percieved leanings towards a team.

But seeing as we're asking and in the event of a title run next year, I'll take the 3 promoted clubs home and away for the last 6 games next season. :D

Think the minutes applause might have been the best option on this one. It's all well and good punishing people after the event but if a minutes silence is ruined, it stays ruined, punishing the people afterwards cant change it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

As this game approaches we can expect the media to harp on about the emotion at the match, but seriously what emotion can the players really feel? I expect to see a lot of fabricated tears in the crowd come Sunday.

Edit also had to laugh at City Supporters Club panicking like hell as they know they won't adhere to the minutes silence. Then having the gall to want us to move the minutes silence back to 45 minutes after the match ends! I hope the tv cameras also pan in on them to see if any of them will be doing their airplane impressions during the minutes silence.

What's wrong with thta? It's obvious some tool is going to do something during it so we're going to come out looking bad in the whole thing. They were trying to preserve the reputation of the club, any other supporters club would do the same. This 'high and mighty' attitude of som eUnited fans towards this silence is really pissing me off. If the shoe was on the other foot it'd be the exact same situation.
    Nailz wrote: »
    Will be there, not going to predict the score though. I'm going to be extreamly pissed if the City lad do something to distrupt the silence!

It's more 'when' rather than 'if' tbh.
    As this game approaches we can expect the media to harp on about the emotion at the match, but seriously what emotion can the players really feel? I expect to see a lot of fabricated tears in the crowd come Sunday.

+1 to that

And a quick result from tonight - City under 18s 5 - 0 United under 18s.

I can't expect real sadness from players like Rooney or Ronaldo, but I think for players like Giggs, Neville, Scholes and I think especially Brown, this will mean a lot.

Actually its a pity Red Nev wont be playing. That lad is Man Utd through and through, Im sure it would have meant a lot to him. Any chance of a cameo appearance towards the end? He did play for the reserves a couple weeks ago...

• Advertisement

This 'high and mighty' attitude of som eUnited fans towards this silence is really pissing me off. If the shoe was on the other foot it'd be the exact same situation.

Spot on.

Actually its a pity Red Nev wont be playing. That lad is Man Utd through and through, Im sure it would have meant a lot to him. Any chance of a cameo appearance towards the end? He did play for the reserves a couple weeks ago...

If he was playing we'd have to bring back Goater :D

Derby day the scores were level,
    Then the Goat was fed by Neville,
    Silly boy should know for sure,
    Feed the Goat and he will score!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

Really looking forward to this poignant game tomorrow...absolutely gutted I couldn't get a ticket.

First off a minutes silence is the most appropriate tribute to the disaster pre game.

Secondly, all this talk about whether it will be respected or not is pissing me of too. Maybe I'm naive but I expect it to be universally respected. If it sadly isn't then lets talk about it then...a lot of lads on here getting all worked up about how City fans better keep silent...it's like some are almost willing them to disrespect it so Manchester City Football Club can be villified!

I for one am glad we are facing City on this 50th aniversary - a Manchester Derby with both teams wearing special kits is just perfect in my opinion.

I'm going to go 3 - 0 Utd.... Ronaldo, Scholes and Giggs;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

after all the crap we have had to listen too from the media this week we deserve a win on sunday the AIG sponsored minutes silence will be upheld im sure by all right minded city fans,the only club from manchester is being bullied by the media and the salford red sox and its wrong,CITY CITY THE BEST TEAM IN THE WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

"Best team in the world"??? When was the last time you won a trophy? I've be to Manchester many times and I very rarely met a City fan, so you can't say you lot are the only team in Mancunia...

I'm aware City had a player killed in the crash, but it still doesnt justify having the game against them intentionally.

Busby was about Liverpools best ever defender up until he left and was one of the most loved players on the Kop, great friends with both Shankley and Paisley, but they aint in a rush to have the game against Liverpool.

Em, Busby didnt die in the crash. And Swift was an ex City player. And other people dies in the crash also, most of the from Manchester. the crash deeply affected the city itself not just united. The fact is that united almost ceased to exist because of it. It has absolutely NOTHING whatsoever to do with Liverpool besides Busby being a former Liverpool player, in which case a match against Pool on the anniversary of his death may be appropriate. Otherwise Ive no idea why u brought that up.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

after all the crap we have had to listen too from the media this week we deserve a win on sunday the AIG sponsored minutes silence will be upheld im sure by all right minded city fans,the only club from manchester is being bullied by the media and the salford red sox and its wrong,CITY CITY THE BEST TEAM IN THE WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    There's only one team from Stockport... One team from Stockport... ;)

I'll be at this one myself and I'm sure there will be alot of idiots in blue shouting and jeering during the minutes silence. It happened the last time there was a minutes silence when the two sides met a few years ago and it sure as hell is going to happen again. Its just the nature of football fans I'm afraid. I just hope none of the United lads react but again, it will be inevitable.

On the game, well I don't really like to tempt fate but given the occasion, I think that a United win is written all over this one. Ferguson will have the players fired up to the last and you can be damn sure they are not going out there without some fire in their stomachs for this one. The occasion is United's and that should be the difference. If not, it will be a crying shame.

lads can we put any myths to bed about this crap please? United DID NOT request that this fixture take place, its pure luck that it did. why? look at the other fixtures and you will all see, that they correspond to the same round of fixtures in August. i.e. - on the 19 of august, united played city as did liverpool and chelsea. all the fixtures are the same as that weekend, for this weekend.

do u think that the premier league would set up a whole fixture list cos of one game? no they would not. this is the way the fixtures fell, end of story.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

This is taken from MVICTA but seems to sum the situation up perfectly.

For those who are about to sing about plane crashes during the minutes silence... Ok I'm prepared to do a deal with the devil on this matter.

No amount of Munich chanting can denigrate the memory of the 23 who dies in 1958 as has already been achieved by the Man United PLC/Corporation who have milked the tragic episode in history for all its commercial worth and taken the MU franchise into such sanctimonious elevation that is way above the stratosphere and is now damaging the ozone layer.

The trouble is that all the media think (or WANT to think) is that the morons from Liverpool, Leeds or Man City who do chant are making fun of the dead. I can't speak for Liverpool or Leeds fans but City fans we know that the chanting has to do with the tasteless manner in which the club, corporation, PLC, franchise (delete which is applicable) has profited in terms of PR sympathy from the tragedy for 50 years and canonized the organisation into sainthood.

However the American Insurance Group (AIG) sponsored silence will be observed by me and probably 2975 of the 3000 city fans allowed entrance. One persons mobile goes off and it will be heard, 25 or so idiots will chant and we will all be tarred and feathered by the same brush and we will all be turned into monsters in the media forever, we will be painted as Fred West, Harold Shipman, Peter Sutcliffe, Ian Huntly, Al Queda, Bader Meinhoff, Hitler, Pinochet, Pol Pot, Mugabe, Stalin, Myra Hundley and Ian Brady embodied as fans besmirching the sadly departed 23. That's what we will all be seen as...

United will win the PR battle; they are playing with a double headed coin.

Outcome A – All 3000 remain silent.

Then United were right to hold out for the silence as everyone has behaved in a well orchestrated AIG sponsored moment: United win !

Outcome B – 25 fans (The Scum25) start singing "who's that dying on the runway" and making plane gestures with their arms.

Then we're all the bad guys but United fans are wonderful: United win !

The 25 or so retards are thinking that "it's our day to be heard". No one listens to these pathetic specimen of human kind in any walk of life but for that afternoon in Feb 2008 they will be given the oxygen of publicity for their miserable existence and the spotlight will be on them. Their picture in the MEN or Channel M of the Scum 25 will be their badge of honour; it will be their 15 seconds of fame. The trouble is the media don't know nor do they want to know the back story of the chanting, the bit that was airbrushed out of the recent movie…

Here is my deal on the table to the Scum 25. What I want from the deal!

I want one thing: Observe the (AIG sponsored) minute silence

Here is the Scum Bags coping strategy:- Think of Frank Swift. Remember Matt Busby played for Man City in the 1930's. Think of the three united players whose contracts were terminated when they returned injured (not dead) from Munich and never played again and were cast out by the club. One died in poverty as a baker working 18 hours a day, one had to sell his medals to pay for home help and one was told by Matt Busby that he was no longer welcome at United, the club needs to move on. The three (Albert Scanlon, Johnnie Berry, Jackie Blanchflower) Think of these three as their sad lives are chronicled in the book "The Lost Babes" rejected and ignored by United as they "got in the way" of the phenomenal Phoenix from the Ashes story and win the European Cup in 1968.

One of the players returned to Manchester and looked for work and while injured the taxi drivers of Manchester gave him free rides around the City (by both red and blue cab drivers). This was a gift from the cab drivers such was the unity of Manchester at the time. The club told him that he can no longer of the free rides, they were so convinced they were paying the bill. They weren't but such was their supreme arrogance and hubris on the matter they had convinced themselves it was coming out of their coffers.

It is probably too much for the Scum 25 to think of those who sadly died but the above is a good enough list to keep their vile trap shut for 60 seconds.

Also think how much the tasteless chanting will try to spur on Man United to win. We don't need that.

We need 3 points we need to go to Europe, we need to win at OT. Time for tide to change, time for people to know the truth, 50 years is long enough, the world needs to know the background story that has been swept under the carpet.

Think of the fact that AIG own Ocean Finance, like those companies who charge double digit interest rates, who loan desperate people £20k and make them pay back £150k over ten years and then re-possess their homes when they miss a payment

Think of the fact that United's interest payments are £60million a year and their profits last year were a similar amount. Think of the irony of that story where the entire profit of the club is wiped out with interest payments that are way above market rates and then think of the fact that the head sponsor owns Ocean Finance. Think that Ocean Finance HQ is in Croydon, South London…

Like I said I only want one thing from the deal: absolute silence between the two whistles.

What do the scum 25 get from the deal! You have my permission (albeit reluctantly) to sing what ever you like for the rest of the day;

Whatever your tiny, miniscule, retarded mind can think of, sing for all your worth after the whistle denoting the end of 60 seconds because it will be drowned out by Blue Moon.

Please, I've done my bit to show you how to keep quiet and think about the other things.

For the intelligent people who read McVittee this probably seems over the top but don't forget we are dealing with people (scum) with single digit IQ's and the inability to simultaneously breathe and walk.

We now live in a society where a father of three is murdered in the street for asking some lads not to scratch cars and a man was killed with a hatchet in his head with an argument over a football landing in the garden so asking losers of the highest magnitude to keep quiet is possibly too much to ask.

So it is for the lowest common denominator in society we appeal to. After all 95% of people behave, but we have 5% of the population who do not and as a result we have police, courts, prosecution service, prisons, probation teams, defence lawyers, legal aid and asbos. A whole industry in society because the minority can't behave and respect the law.

So if you are going to the game and know someone who thinks they will chant and you find it impossible to appeal to their better nature, common sense or reasoning then try one of the coping strategies.

Reluctantly this is the deal on the table, I wish it were different but it ain't.

Already the lazy drunk hack lazy journalists have written their copy and filed it for the Monday after the match, already we are toast in their eyes, they have already trialled us in the media, after all why let the truth spoil a good story.

I wish United were playing Portsmouth that day and we were away at Middlesboro miles away. These tw*ts will make us look awful and paint United as the poor club that needs another 50 years of sympathy.

If only there was a journalist out there to tackle the elephant in the room but they get paid to grovel in front of the high altar that is Manchester United and their continuous glory.

Maybe there's hope, maybe the idiots will get the message that the silence will have the opposite effect and turn the tide.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

This is taken from MVICTA but seems to sum the situation up perfectly.

Ye right, what a load of self righteous nonsense!

Oh and by the way your username is so very small-time...clinging on to a game from a generation ago that has been pissed all over by Utd in subsequent derbies.

• Advertisement
Advertisement