Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Manchester Derby

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

the article is a pile of crap to be honest. they should just go there and shut up for 1 minute, no excuses and no hidden agendas. a case of some serious chips on some serious shoulders there.

BUT, saying that, i fully expect that the minutes silence will be totally respected, bar 1 or 2, and not 25 idiots, which is the norm, no matter who dies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

That post is the biggest load of bollox i can't even quote it.

Man United plc/corporation ?

Football is about winning things which needs money , yes money to achieve.

Aig sponsored silence ?

10 years ago there was still going to be a 50th anniversary regardless of who sponsored United be it Aig or Burgerking.Load of nonsense putting it mildly.

Aig own Ocean finance ?
    Tell me any fookin home loan provider who doesn't repossess if you don't pay yore mortgage ? More nonsense.

Intelligent people who read MVICTA ?
    Anyone with half a brain would see through the drivel propaganda that is spouted in the 1 thing you have posted from there.

Journalists ?

Yes damn United for having success and being one of the biggest clubs in the world.Should they write about big clubsand their glories and make money or not ? Yes even newspapers be they red tops or broadsheets need to make money.More drivel.

To sum the mvicta post up .....

That post is the biggest load of fookin cráp i have ever read.You c+ped it so you take responsibility for it.Football is about making money and whatever fookin retarded forum that thinks otherwise you posted it from is living in lala land.

Go look at the premier leagues latest greatest novel idea which yore club fully endorsed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

remind me of the result at eastlands last year lads...........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

What? How exactly is that relevant to the article you posted and our misgivings on it?

...but since you're playing that game - remind me how many times City beat Utd in the whole decade that was the 90's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Man City won 1-0. Geovanni scored I believe.

You dont follow football that much?

thats about all your team has at the moment, a memory of 1 win 6 months aog. wat a pathetic post. i hope we hammer ye out the gate on sunday and back to that council house of yeres.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Shut up about PLC and corporation. Shut up about AIG. Shut up about "United Fans cant go wrong".

Let the players do the talking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

We have to ignor fools like these that come on here just because they got their '50 posts'... nobody on this forum should have to read that nonsence, we're too intelligent for that. That's all I've got to say about this young man...

That post is the most retarded thing I think Ive ever read on this forum. They should up the post quota to 250 to filter out this kind of idiocy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

That post is the most retarded thing I think Ive ever read on this forum. They should up the post quota to 250 to filter out this kind of idiocy.
    +1. Absolutely ridiculous post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

I'm a little confused about this new City fan we seem to have. I hope he hasn't just worked up fifty posts as quick as possible to get on here and sh1t stir for one game.

I do agree with him a bit on the 'AIG sponsored silence'. There was absolutely no need to put their logo on the massive poster outside Old Trafford to be fair and even United fans have come out and disagreed.

Talking about wins and trophies from the past is very irrelevant in this particular thread because we're dealing with one game that takes place today. No need for pointless squabbling.

As for Nailz who says he doesn't see City fans in Manchester, that's bull tbh. The reason I love going over to Manchester is because it gives me a rare opportunity to be amongst so many of 'my own'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,715 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

There's a minute of applause these days. I doubt they'd go go back to the minute silence for this, especially for a Manchester derby.

[Apologies if this point was already made, but I didn't see it.)

There's a minute of applause these days. I doubt they'd go go back to the minute silence for this, especially for a Manchester derby.

[Apologies if this point was already made, but I didn't see it.)

Where have you been for the past few weeks? A minutes silence was decided upon ages ago.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

hhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm totally

i agree

thats the way they will win: Benny Lava

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Where have you been for the past few weeks? A minutes silence was decided upon ages ago.
    Sorry. I don't follow a Manchester club. Or a Salford one.

• Advertisement

Or a Premiership one...

Then why post in the thread? Plus if you read any newspaper/football site it was the main story for a number of days.

Alternatively you could have just read this thread, the one on the Munich anniversary or the Manchester United one.

Not having a go or anything just thought everyone knew this by now

Benny Lava

ffs listen up anjd start being soft cocks

I apologise for not knowing every aspect of every north-western English game (media-wise).

There is a different axis. Or moreso, a different world.

:rolleyes:

I apologise for not knowing every aspect of every north-western English game (media-wise).

There is a different axis. Or moreso, a different world.

:rolleyes:

Well seeing as you're going to be a smart arse about it. When did I say you had to know every aspect of that area? Do you read papers? Read bbc football, rte.ie, football365? Watch Sky Sports/News? Because it's been everywhere, not like you would have to go looking for it. Or do you have your head in the sand?

As I said, why post in a thread you couldn't even be arsed to read back over?

• Advertisement

Calm down! I actually like Man City!

Mainly because my brother is an unsufferable ManUrenited fan, but to a lesser extent, because the band that I have bought most albums of, are also Man City fans, helps.

I've over 30 CDs by The Fall.

(But I'm a Wolves fan.]

Calm down! I actually like Man City!

Mainly because my brother is an unsufferable ManUrenited fan, but to a lesser extent, because the band that I have bought most albums of, are also Man City fans, helps.

I've over 30 CDs by The Fall.

(But I'm a Wolves fan.]

listen buddy, your posts are just getting more and more terrible as you go on......this thread is not about you or who you support, its about the manchester derby tomorrow. stop digging a big hole for yourself cos you wont get away with that here.

anyway, what will the city team be tomorrow? the united team is IMO, the hardest to pick in a while, going on suspensions, injuires and what fergie is saying. i had a team , but im now going to change to something like this.

van der sar

browne rio vida josh
    ronaldo carrick scholes giggs
    wellbeck tevez

update on our injuries

L Saha Cartilage Knee Injury no return date
    G Neville Os Trigonum Syndrome no return date
    M Silvestre ACL Knee Injury 22nd Mar 08
    B Foster ACL Knee Injury 23rd Feb 08

good to see foster is near back, he is probably in full training by now, but saha is worrying, maybe those season rumours are true.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RedorDead

Love to see the team something along the lines of

VDS

Brown Rio Vidic O Shea

Carrick Scholes Anderson

Ronnie Giggs

Tevez

Cant see him start wellbeck

RedorDead wrote: »
    Love to see the team something along the lines of

VDS

Brown Rio Vidic O Shea

Carrick Scholes Anderson

Ronnie Giggs

Tevez

Cant see him start wellbeck

4-3-3?:eek:

hargreavs would have to be part of that, though i like the look of the team, very little balance. somehow, i cant see fergie playing a team like that. maybe anderson in the giggs position, but with all the abuse that giggs is getting, i expect him to be MOM tomorrow and score. 3-0 to united.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I think you are more likely to see a team, if its like that, like this

VDS

-Brown-Rio-Vidic_O Shea
    ----Carrick-Scholes
    Ronaldo-Anderson-Giggs-
    Tevez

Personally though I think we'll see Scholes + one other midfielder, possibly Hargreaves but I'd prefer Carrick.
    Then we'll see Tevez in the hole area, with Welbeck up front.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

anyway, what will the city team be tomorrow? the united team is IMO, the hardest to pick in a while, going on suspensions, injuires and what fergie is saying. i had a team , but im now going to change to something like this.

van der sar

browne rio vida josh
    ronaldo carrick scholes giggs
    wellbeck tevez

update on our injuries

L Saha Cartilage Knee Injury no return date
    G Neville Os Trigonum Syndrome no return date
    M Silvestre ACL Knee Injury 22nd Mar 08
    B Foster ACL Knee Injury 23rd Feb 08

good to see foster is near back, he is probably in full training by now, but saha is worrying, maybe those season rumours are true.

Read on sky sports website that Neville could make the bench.
    Louis Saha is not quite ready to return from a knee injury but Ferguson may be tempted to include Gary Neville, who has overcome a serious ankle problem.
    http://www.skysports.com/football/match_preview/0,19764,11065_2861259,00.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

PHB wrote: »
    I think you are more likely to see a team, if its like that, like this

VDS

-Brown-Rio-Vidic_O Shea
    ----Carrick-Scholes
    Ronaldo-Anderson-Giggs-
    Tevez

Personally though I think we'll see Scholes + one other midfielder, possibly Hargreaves but I'd prefer Carrick.
    Then we'll see Tevez in the hole area, with Welbeck up front.

Nah, I'd imagine Ronaldo will play off Tevez with Park filling in for the former on the right hand side.

Hart
    Onouha----Richards----Dunne----Ball
    Gelson
    Hamann
    Vassell
    Ireland
    Petrov
    Benjani

That's what I'd semi-like, semi-guess he'll go for.

Elano and Corluka are suspended, Onouha will hopefully be fit so bench would be:

Isaksson
    Garrido
    Sturridge
    Geovanni
    Sun

I would like Etuhu on the bench. I could be wrong though.

why cant i remember making those above posts?
    hate this. got banned from unreal.ie this morning and i cant remember why

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Jazzy wrote: »
    why cant i remember making those above posts?
    hate this. got banned from unreal.ie this morning and i cant remember why

Note to self: Don't use pc whilst drunk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

You should see your post in the Liverpool thread:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RedorDead

4-3-3?:eek:

hargreavs would have to be part of that, though i like the look of the team, very little balance. somehow, i cant see fergie playing a team like that. maybe anderson in the giggs position, but with all the abuse that giggs is getting, i expect him to be MOM tomorrow and score. 3-0 to united.

It was meant to be more of a christmas tree formation. Suppose hargreaves would make sense over carrick. The onus would be on one of giggs and ronnie to track back on occasion.

VDS

Brown --Rio --Vid-- O Shea

Scholes-Hargr'es-Anderson

--- Ronnie ---Giggs

Tevez

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

We have to ignor fools like these that come on here just because they got their '50 posts'... nobody on this forum should have to read that nonsence, we're too intelligent for that. ahh the arrogance of it typical rag

• Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Dubit10

We have to ignor fools like these that come on here just because they got their '50 posts'... nobody on this forum should have to read that nonsence, we're too intelligent for that. ahh the arrogance of it typical rag

Spot on man:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

^^ ye i agree! all in all i think it will be a great game tomorrow! the silence will be respected, for the most part, by both sets of fans! (but unfortunatley there will be a VERY SMALL minority of idiots that will make noise....i really hope im wrong tho!) i can see it being close, but with the history, and the form of both teams atm, i can see utd edging it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

To be honest. When you think about it, all City fans are upset that if 3 morons ruin it you will all be blamed.

Well if i was a City fan, and i was at Old Trafford with my mouth shut and some tool had a go. I would just turn around and point at the mug. Imagine 3000 City fans just pointing at the lad(s) that let their club down after they were asked not to.

Would be singling out the muppet and then the life ban thats been talked about can be put into effect.

Honestly i expect the silence to be upheld well and then applause all around and down to the football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

The sad thing imo is that if some people (wouldn't call them fans) boo during the silence it will be all over the news coverage for the game, however if everyone observes the silence 100% there will be one line saying that the minutes silence was observed.

This match should be about the football that is played on the pitch, United should remember those who in the Munich crash by putting a great performance. The minutes silence is a minor part of the day

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/7209350.stm

Munich date derby angers Ferguson

Sir Alex Ferguson has criticised the decision to stage Sunday's Manchester derby in the same week as the 50th anniversary of the Munich air crash.

Concerns have been raised that a small minority of fans will not honour the minute's silence at Old Trafford.

"When I saw the fixture at the start of the season I said 'Who the hell chose that (date)?'.

"It puts pressure on the clubs," said Ferguson, who has played a big role in the Munich commemorations.

"We could easily have had Middlesbrough at home or something like that," the Manchester United boss told the Sunday Express.

"There was no opportunity given to change it. I hope it's a good game, the crowd have a part to play in that."

The Red Devils have been honouring the eight "Busby Babes" who died on 6 February 1958 alongside 15 other passengers, including former Man City goalkeeper Frank Swift, all week.

City officials, including manager Sven-Goran Eriksson, have appealed for their fans to respect the silence ahead of the 1330 GMT start, and both teams will play in traditional, unsponsored jerseys to honour the occasion.

On Wednesday, a memorial service was held inside Old Trafford as well as the crash site, while the club unveiled a permanent exhibition of the Busby Babes in the South Stand tunnel.

"I have always been proud to be manager of this club and on Wednesday I was even prouder," said Ferguson following Wednesday's events.

"It made me realise I was the manager of one of the greatest clubs of all time.

"I hope we put in a very good performance on Sunday. It goes hand in hand with the memory of the Munich disaster."

Veteran Reds midfielder Paul Scholes hopes any City fans tempted to disrupt the silence will recognise that the Munich tragedy also touched their club.

"City lost someone in the accident as well," he said, referring to Swift, who was working as a journalist at the time of the crash. "So I hope their fans are not disrespectful.

"There is always that few who might cause problems. They have referred to the accident a few times in the past and I just hope they come to their senses on the day.

"It would reflect badly on their club, but that's not stopped them in the past, has it?"

City boss Eriksson added his voice to those calling for supporters to behave appropriately despite the always-intense derby atmosphere.

"As a club, we have sent out many messages and we hope fans use common sense," he said. "Football is one thing, but when people die too early in an extremely bad accident, you have to respect that.

"It doesn't matter if you are wearing a blue shirt or a red shirt - it has nothing to do with football. We have to respect those who were doing the same job as we are doing today.

"It's sad and it should be respected. Don't be a fan for that minute. After that, normal service. I really hope our reputation is still very good after the match."

Can't believe I agree with something he's said. It is ridiculous though and typical of the FA to try make the most of a special event. It's blatantly obvious that the Premier League wanted the fixture on this date and have done it for all the wrong reasons.

And the cheap shot from Scholes was unnecessary. So much for being a professional.

well those comments from fergie prove that united did not want or ask for this to be staged......are u listening Mr Alan!!???!!:)

anyway, bring it on...cant wait for KO...tis time to head to the pub for a few before hand i think. big cops presence around old trafford i have been told also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

It's gona be a big day. Aside from everything else about today, it's absolutely essentially we get 3 points to put the pressure back on Arsenal.

PHB wrote: »
    It's gona be a big day. Aside from everything else about today, it's absolutely essentially we get 3 points to put the pressure back on Arsenal.

is it true to say, uniteds biggest game of the season so far? cant wait for this one....less than 2 hours and counting. this is what football is all about, days like this. and yes, the 3 points is essential.

Tick tock!

Damn time difference is gonna leave me f*cked in work tomorrow but if we get a result I won't give a damn!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,426 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

That minutes silence was cringeworthy.

eh? What are you talking about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭kensutz

Think someone is trying to stir up trouble

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

No, the minutes silence is deserved out of respect, but fans trying to depict themselves as victims holding their little scrafs aloft is so predictable and clichéd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

In all fairness it wasn't a minute of silence, some idiot and his drum ruined it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭kensutz

DEmeant0r wrote: »
    In all fairness it wasn't a minute of silence, some idiot and his drum ruined it.

Wasn't it a gun salute.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

just the kick in the arse nani has needed

• Advertisement
Advertisement