Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Manchester Derby

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

It was a gun salute, one shot for each United player that died.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭Harpy

it was fireworks from outside is what they said it was..but he said he thinks it was meant as a tribute rather than actually trying to disturb the silence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

1-0 City. Not the greatest of defending

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

pretty nice man city move it has to be said if ireland had of nicked that over vds it would of been a phenomenal goal, but definately not great defending

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Man Utd to change shirts at half time and then win

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

2-0, looks like the occasion has got to Utd so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

I think the pressure for united is too much. they were obviously expected to win

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

2-0 City.. Not looking good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Keith C

Fair play to city, they're really taking the game to utd.

Hairdryer will be out at half time!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

the dissent Anderson gets away with is an absolute joke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Chong

This is bloody awful, I hate Nani he needs to be taken off this a complete disaster.

I hope I am proved wrong but I really cannot see United scoring 3 against City in the 2nd half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Signed after midnight!he was signed after midnight!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

An embarrasment to the Busby Babes so far.

Im really upset that the lads are completley bottling it. I expected more of them.

Nani and Giggs are ****.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

The United players bottle is rotten.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

In retrospect the shirts seem like a really bad idea.

'You're playing in a dead mans uniform - now remember to do well'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Mikeyt086 wrote: »

Im really upset that the lads are completley bottling it. I expected more of them.

Nani and Giggs are ****.

I always expected city to score but I didn't think utd would be so toothless or freeze so badly.

Still though, they are united. Not over yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Ruskie4Rent

Nani and Giggs are ****.

How is an embarrasment to them? Can you blame the players for playin differently when fans are treating this match as an historical event when at the end of the day its just a league match? Losing this match is hardly going to discrace the memory of the busby babes, it harms our chances in the league and thats all we can be angry about.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Dubit10

Cant believe that gun salute in the minutes silence.What a stupid idea.On the football side of things Utd have frozen on the big occasion.It's just like a champions league quater final :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Willstev wrote: »

I hope I am proved wrong but I really cannot see United scoring 3 against City in the 2nd half.

Course they will. The goals will be scored in the 95th, 99th and 124th minutes after a 2nd half that had no stoppages or substitutions.:D

What was Ireland at passing that? He had a free run at goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Ferdinand = most over rated defender ever.

Ronaldo walking about and stopping every time he doesn't like a pass over loses the ball.

To be honest, I think talk like this is why they're playing so bad.

Like this one particular performance on this one particular day makes a difference to the memory of a load of dead footballers.

Would all the league titles Manchester win not be testament enough to them? Can they not just say at the end of the year this is dedicated to the crash victims?

Ok maybe that was a stupid thing to say, but it seems like they are bottling it because its the 50th anniversary.

Clearly all the hype has put the players off.

The performance is embarrasing.

EDIT: Anderson off for Hargreaves is a total piss take.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Dubit10

Ummmm.2 zip down to city at OT and fergie brings on two defensive midfielders.They have a total of wait for it 0 goals between then this year in all competitions:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

The performance is embarrasing.

Thats an awful excuse, do you honestly think the likes of Anderson, Ronaldo, Nani and Tevez even understand what the occasion means?

United have been awful and to blame the occasion is bull imo, do United really not have another Striker?? Rooney, Tevez and Saha (sickboy) is that it?

Villain wrote: »
    Thats an awful excuse, do you honestly think the likes of Anderson, Ronaldo, Nani and Tevez even understand what the occasion means?

United have been awful and to blame the occasion is bull imo, do United really not have another Striker?? Rooney, Tevez and Saha (sickboy) is that it?

Thats true unfortunately. 2.5 strikers. Fergie knows best and all, but how could he not see we need another striker? Welbeck? Ridiculous...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

I blame the jerseys

Actually i do think they know what it means. Bobby Charlton had a talk with the squad where he discussed the events of the day and his feelings and ive watched interviews on MUTV with loads of players including Ronaldo and Vidic saying how moved they were.

I cant say "WE LOST 2-0 BECAUSE OF THE MEDIA" but the players arent playing the way they normally do and there has been an awful lot made of this.

But do you think on the Pitch it affects how they play?

• Advertisement

Well. I dunno, its just that there has been so much epected of them, pressure maybe.

Theres probably increased pressure, but theyre professional footballers, they should be able to handle it.

To be honest, I think having too many midfielders has also played a part. Last season, we had a core midfield 4 - Giggs, Scholes, Carrick and Ronaldo. This season we've chopped and changed, having to include Hargreaves, Nani and Anderson in there and while its good to have backup, we should really pick our best 4 when available - something we havent always done.

You could see early on that it wasnt going to be their day, some of them dont even look like their trying in the second half.

Brown and O'Shea are terrible, Nani is utter crap and Giggs was good in the 90's

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

look im not gonna blame, the occasion, the media, the hype, the pressure or any of that sh!te, im blaming the players on the pitch, they are fcuking pathetic! absolute disgrace of a performance not worth their rediculous paychecks!

great finish, just 50 mins too late

well taken goal by Carrick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

City and West Ham such bogey teams it's unbelievable.

Villain wrote: »
    But do you think on the Pitch it affects how they play?

You could say the same about home and away games. Still just a pitch.

Im not being dramatic, but I put this defeat down to Fergie. Rarely lets us down, has done today. Lets hope by some miracle that Rooney and Tevez stay fit for the rest of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Ok maybe that was a stupid thing to say, but it seems like they are bottling it because its the 50th anniversary.

The performance is embarrasing

load of boll*x that. City were the better team, deserved the 3 points. End of.

"the importance of the occasion"
    "fergie let us down"
    "the pitch"

hilarious stuff, united fans; always entertaining :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Can't wait for the inevitable "jerseys screwed us" comment from Fergie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Chong

quarryman wrote: »

"the importance of the occasion"
    "fergie let us down"
    "the pitch"

hilarious stuff, united fans; always entertaining :)
    Yup no one could possibly argue with that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Ireland showed today why he will be an amazing player at around 26-27.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Great result for us, well done City, huge match now Monday night, Come on you Gunners.

quarryman wrote: »

i agree! (and im a utd fan) city played well, utd played pathetically, thems the facts!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 501 ✭✭✭LOTTOWINNER

Cheer up all you Manu fans, you are playing Newcastle next week!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Newcastle away? Jesus United might have ruined their chance now.

Galvasean wrote: »
    Can't wait for the inevitable "jerseys screwed us" comment from Fergie.

thats not gonna happen man, the jerseys did nothing....the players lackluster performance screwed us up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Now to have to cheer Liverpool on. Its just not right.:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 715 ✭✭✭justfortherecor

Louis Saha you diabolical!

No attacking threat today again, painfully reminiscent of the fixture at Eastlands earlier in the season. Fair play to City though, exceptional defensive performance. Dunne and Richards were immense.

Advertisement