Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Manchester Derby

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

I thought Onouha was fantastic too. Didn't give Ronny a sniff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

still say dunne should have been MOM! he was fantastic! hopefully trappatoni can get the same kind of performance off him!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

still say dunne should have been MOM! he was fantastic! hopefully trappatoni can get the same kind of performance off him!

Sholdnt be hard, Dunne was one of Ireland's only great players in the last campaign.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Xavi6 wrote: »
    best excuse yet..."man city were lucky that united were sad if we wunt of been sad wudda trashed them. were the busby babes"

possibly the stupidest comment ive ever read! some utd fans just havent a clue do they?! :D (again no b*tchin from other utd fans, i am one too)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Good thing ye haven't lost the run of yerselves! :D Came close, but hopped that landmine ;) As long as ye hang onto that perspective, ye will be grand

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

Jesus, you really are rubbing it in!
    I still got my Utd one from last season and about 4 from the 90's:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Massive.

When's the DVD out? And do you think there'll be many at the open-top bus parade?

Archimedes wrote: »
    Massive.

When's the DVD out? And do you think there'll be many at the open-top bus parade?

DVD should be out before the end of the season. Probably have both games on it. That'd be the 2-1 on Sunday and the 1-0 earlier in the season that gave us 6 points out of 6.

Talks are still ongoing about the bus tour. Apparently United had one planned for the end of the season but now that the Premiership's over we may take their bus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Maybe they'll have 2 trophies too!!!

The missus got me one for Valentine's Day. The hero!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

As for Nailz who says he doesn't see City fans in Manchester, that's bull tbh. The reason I love going over to Manchester is because it gives me a rare opportunity to be amongst so many of 'my own'.
    Xavi, I brought this all the way from page 4... no offence mate but I was at the Derby and everybody that I met (apart from around the match time ofcourse) were United supporters bar 2 or 3 people... seriously mate! And my hotel was in City territory, but in all fairness I avoided them... that probably explains the broken window... :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

those tshirts are small time, tbh.

almost as bad as when Everton released a DVD of them winning 3-0 in Goodison, if you do something like that, you then have NO RIGHT to get on a high horse about being refered to as a "small" club, as doing something like that typifies a small club

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Mr Alan wrote: »

almost as bad as when Everton released a DVD of them winning 3-0 in Goodison, if you do something like that, you then have NO RIGHT to get on a high horse about being refered to as a "small" club, as doing something like that typifies a small club

Meh, Shelbourne brought out a 3-DVD set of the European run which included a win and two draws.

Now THATS small club! And I love it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

http://www.skysportsdvdshop.co.uk/Football/Football-Clubs/Liverpool-Football-Club/DVDs/Liverpool---Great-Victories-over-Everton-DVD.aspx

• Advertisement

Nailz wrote: »
    Xavi, I brought this all the way from page 4... no offence mate but I was at the Derby and everybody that I met (apart from around the match time ofcourse) were United supporters bar 2 or 3 people... seriously mate! And my hotel was in City territory, but in all fairness I avoided them... that probably explains the broken window... :eek:

It depends what area you go to to be fair. I certainly spent my time drinking with City fans by the COMS in bars when I went over a while back.

In the Maine Road days, the whole area from the city to Moss Side (about a 30 min bus journey) was blue.

My point is, I've never watched a game in Ireland with more than probably 2 City fans in the same bar. Over there I can do that.

PHB wrote: »

kinda different tbh, that DVD showcases how we have been dominant over them for years and years and years.

I wouldnt expect a DVD to be released if we won the Derby 3-0 when we play em in Anfield in one match. and if it was i'd be mortified.
    :D Did someone just fall of their horse from a height?

i dont own a horse.

And Xavi, my post was a compliment of sorts for City, they seem to be on the verge of a turning point as a club and making a strong go at breaking into the top tier of clubs in England-and top clubs in England dont release a DVD of one league match (or 2)

My point was simply that, if City react by doing ****e like Everton did when they beat us last year, their fans are not then allowed moan if Utd fans look down their nose at them as being small time.

kinda different tbh, that DVD showcases how we have been dominant over them for years and years and years.

I wouldnt expect a DVD to be released if we won the Derby 3-0 when we play em in Anfield in one match. and if it was i'd be mortified.

Massive difference between beating Derby and beating your biggest rivals away from home for the first time in 34 years.
    i dont own a horse.

And Xavi, my post was a compliment of sorts for City, they seem to be on the verge of a turning point as a club and making a strong go at breaking into the top tier of clubs in England-and top clubs in England dont release a DVD of one league match (or 2)

My point was simply that, if City react by doing ****e like Everton did when they beat us last year, their fans are not then allowed moan if Utd fans look down their nose at them as being small time.

I see where you're coming but it was a massive occassion for the club. City fans in their 40s and 50s have grown up never knowing what it's like to win that particular fixture. If they want a DVD to commemorate it then so what?

Massive difference between beating Derby and beating your biggest rivals away from home for the first time in 34 years.

i said the derby. dont know why i put a capital "D" in but i meant the 2nd upcoming fixture against Everton.
    I see where you're coming but it was a massive occassion for the club. City fans in their 40s and 50s have grown up never knowing what it's like to win that particular fixture. If they want a DVD to commemorate it then so what?

Fair enough, but then they cant complain if Utd fans give em stick about being obsessed with their more successful neighbours*

*(not sure if that happens, but with us and Everton, they constantly "go on" about us like a bunch of bitter twats, but then claim they couldnt care less about us. Really? then why release a DVD of beating us in one game?!?! SMALL TIME)

• Advertisement

and btw, have you been offline since the game on Sunday?! ;)

and btw, have you been offline since the game on Sunday?! ;)

No why?

just curious :) most of us need even a little sleep!

just curious :) most of us need even a little sleep!

Ha ha well my sleep times are roughly between 3pm and 10pm Irish time so I won't be around then. Other than I'm pretty much always logged on due to the nature of my work. It gets lonely around 4am though :(

i'll remember that and pop in next time i'm up at that hour! :)

i'll remember that and pop in next time i'm up at that hour! :)

Ha do, preferably when you're locked so I can have some drunken buzz off ya

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

get a room!!!

Nunu wrote: »
    Jesus, you really are rubbing it in!
    I still got my Utd one from last season and about 4 from the 90's:p

We woulda had more in the 90's too except somebody went two divisions down!!

Well done Xavi, this thread proved the point I made to you originally and you tried to rebuff, this is your season! Small time!! :p:p I doubt you'd celebrate this much if ya's qualify for the UEFA come May!!

LOL @ DVD, wouldnt be suprised!! they'll probably make a centenary jersey and name a stand at Eastlands after it too at this rate!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,426 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

We woulda had more in the 90's too except somebody went two divisions down!!

Well done Xavi, this thread proved the point I made to you originally and you tried to rebuff, this is your season! Small time!! :p:p I doubtr you'd celebrate this much if ya's qualify for the UEFA come May!!

LOL @ DVD, wouldnt be suprised!! they'll probably make a centenary jersey and name a stand at Eastlands after it too at this rate!

They also brought out a half season review DVD. I found that ammusing.

To be fair, 34 years is a long time not to have won a particular fixture, and not just any fixture at that. F*ck it, let us have our day. It's not easy being a City fan. 6 promotions and relegations in 7 seasons will testify to that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Am I wrong in saying that Liverpool brought out a DVD after the 8-0 over Besitkas?

---

Clubs will do anything for money, anything people will buy they will make. Since the fans care about beating their rivals, I'm sure they'll make a DVD of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

have to agree its not easy supporting city never has been but its so much more dignified than been a glory hunting rag

MCFC1 MUFC0 MUFC1 MUFC2 IMPECCABLE

PHB wrote: »
    Am I wrong in saying that Liverpool brought out a DVD after the 8-0 over Besitkas?

---

Clubs will do anything for money, anything people will buy they will make. Since the fans care about beating their rivals, I'm sure they'll make a DVD of it.

i certainly hope you are wrong! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Mcfc1 Mufc0 Mufc1 Mcfc2 Impeccable :):):)

good point

have to agree its not easy supporting city never has been but its so much more dignified than been a glory hunting rag

MCFC1 MUFC0 MUFC1 MUFC2 IMPECCABLE

Jesus Im suprised you are showin ur face around here after your last effort of a post was a shoe in for "dumbest post of the year" award and was shot down by anyone who read it. Talk about dignified ;)

Bigger fish to fry mate, how many years is it now, havent looked at the counter in the Stretford End in a while!

Advertisement