Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Natural History Museum

Options
  • 05-02-2008 2:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭

Is it back open yet, or are they still fixing the stairs?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

i read the other day that it is still closed.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

i heard on the radio the other week, that it will be closed for the next 3 years, as they are doing major renovations.

i loved it exactly how it was, i hope they dont change it too much and make it all modern and interactive :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Yeah, I love the old dusty rotten stuffed animals. 3 years? Thats ages. By then they will have disintegrated :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

No they wont' they are perserved.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭babo9

I know this thread is ancient, but no point making a new one.

Has it reopened yet?? I thought I heard somewhere it was...but their website says otherwise, anyone know for sure?

What are they doing, cloning new animals :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭claiva

Could be a good place to put all of our inept politicians !!!

One of my old thread babies :D.

It's in Collins Barracks at the moment....

dead-zoo.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭babo9

WindSock wrote: »
    One of my old thread babies :D.

It's in Collins Barracks at the moment....

dead-zoo.jpg

Isn't that just a temp exihibit while they "renovate" the main building, like a subsection of the actual museum, or is there a decent lot there?
    have you(or anyone) been there, any good?

Yeah it is temporary but most of the best bits are there. It's ok for something to do. Plus there is the rest of the museum in Collins Barracks. Plenty to look at there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I haven't been to Collin's Barracks in a while and this is a good excuse - I assume that giant deer is there?

They'd better not make the Natural History Museum all modern, I love the creepy 19th century vibe it had.

• Advertisement
Advertisement