Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

regulation of courier companies.

Options
  • 05-02-2008 3:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭

I'm just wondering is there any regulation of courier companies?
    I'm getting kinda sick of paying for express delivery and it still takes a week or 2 to get to me. normally because any of the large international carriers take one look at my address, decide they cant find it and hand off the delivery to another more local company, it has to go to their main depot, get moved to my local depot and then delivered. Ive no problem with the local company (interlink) they have my name on file and call to give me delivery/pick up options, or they will deliver to my folks house if im not there.

So, after all that is there anybody who cares? Coz the courier companies dont!:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

The major couriers, DHL/FedEx/UPS, all use local delivery agents outside the cities and larger towns. This is standard practice in couriering deliveries all over the world I believe. It shouldn't add much of a delay, an extra day maybe. If there are delays (2 weeks as you say) then I'd say that's a bigger problem with the main courier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

I was once waiting for over a week on an overnight delivery from Dublin to Woodford Co Galway from Viking Direct. I got on to them again and re ordered. The parcel was traced to Wards service station in Loughrea where it was sitting there for three days.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭pred racer

jor el wrote: »
    The major couriers, DHL/FedEx/UPS, all use local delivery agents outside the cities and larger towns. This is standard practice in couriering deliveries all over the world I believe. It shouldn't add much of a delay, an extra day maybe. If there are delays (2 weeks as you say) then I'd say that's a bigger problem with the main courier.

This is my point. I have Paid for express delivery, but I dont get express service coz i dont live in a major town! For instance jor el (im presuming u live in a major town) we both pay the same for the same service, you get the service and I dont! and I dont live in the falklands or anything like that.(I live about 1 mile off the main route from limerick to athlone, all the major couriers travel this road several times a day)

So I guess my original question should have been, is it allright to advertise an express service, but for the company not to provide that service, if and when It deems applicable.

Advertisement