Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New broadband forum established - Government

Options
  • 05-02-2008 3:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭

Taken from http://www.ireland.com/newspaper/breaking/2008/0205/breaking33.htm

"The government has established a new advisory forum to recommend ways to implement faster 'next generation' broadband services are available to internet users in Ireland.

The forum, which is set to meet in Dublin later this month, is intended to advise Minister for Communications, Eamon Ryan, on a number of issues including the roll-out of Next Generation Networks (NGN) and the possible use of existing State infrastructure to provide such services. .." etc...

Now one of the members in this group include former chairperson Isolde Goggin from Comreg no less. To tell you the truth it doesn't inspire me at all :/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Are they going to do anything about the thousands of people with no current generation internet access though? Next gen me arse, this is just more hot air. I'll believe it when I see it, but I don't think I'll be eating my hat any time soon.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Let them meet in some small town in Ireland instead of Dublin and then they'll know how hard it is for a place to get Broadband :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Cabaal wrote: »
    Let them meet in some small town in Ireland instead of Dublin and then they'll know how hard it is for a place to get Broadband :)

There's parts of Dublin city centre they could meet in, and not have any broadband.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭galway008

More talk and bulls^% reports.
    What a waste of money.
    Why can't they just get on with it.

Advertisement